Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning all,

Just a quick drop in.

Cindy, glad dad made it home and still praying for all.

Mary, Luke is soooo cute. He is still young enough to say "cute" right?

Tab, sorry you had to spend time in emergency care.

To everybody else, hope all is well.

I had a bad night...BBL.

Have a good day all.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning.

Thank you for the sweet comments about Luke. :manyheart It's hard to believe he will be two on March 30th! He is the happiest little guy. :)

Cindy ~ I'm glad your dad is out of the hospital. :hug

Sorry for the short post. DH is having a procedure on his esophagus this a.m. and we need to leave by 8. I'll have my crocheting with me!

Have a good morning, everyone. :ghug

Good morning all. I added two extra covers to the bed last night and socks to my feel and slept much better. Don't know why I've been extra cold at night lately other than that I'm extra tired. I suppose that could do it. It rained in the night, but I didn't hear it. The ground is super wet though so it must have done a good bit. It's still overcast today.

Kim has a doctor's appointment this morning at 9:00 and another at 2:30 this afternoon. I'm hoping she can get some good rest inbetween so she doesn't get too tired. I've noticed that she doesn't have the stamina that she normally does and doing too much all in one day really tires her out. I'm guessing that's due to the damage from the heart attach and it's much lower output now.

I have a neighbor in her early 80's and after hip replacement surgery and rehab, she went home in great shape, but then went downhill. She was dehydrated! Sounds like the elderly do need reminders to drink water.

That's definitely a problem with the elderly, as is not getting enough protein in their diets

From your answer to my question I guess the arthritis in my spine must be in my shoulders, too. For joy...

Oh, well, I'd better work on those projects I have in mind before things get worse.

I just don't know how you can manage Kim feeling the pain the way I know you do:hug:hug

Kim helps me out a lot. She really just needs me to steady her when she's walking and does most of the work of getting up from the bed, chair, and potty on her own. Once in a while it's no fun at all, but for the most part we manage quite well.

Hello all.

What a day......one of my 16 year olds decided to punch a street sign because he was mad at a friend & he broke his pinky. Teenagers! :angry I could've found 100 things I would have rather been doing than sitting in urgent care.

Anyways, I am just popping in to say howdy & good night.....i'm off to relax.

Oh, no! :eek:lol :lol :lol It does sound so like teenage boys though. :lol :lol :lol

Hi ya, peeps!

Val...sending you hugs....

Tab - hmmmm...that was a major outburst he had. Too bad he doesn't have access to a punching bag.

Linda, if you still feel that cold...could something be going on??

Sorry for the short post. DH is having a procedure on his esophagus this a.m. and we need to leave by 8. I'll have my crocheting with me!

I hope everything goes smoothly!

Have a good day, my friends... :hug:manyheart

Good Morning.

Thank you for the sweet comments about Luke. :manyheart It's hard to believe he will be two on March 30th! He is the happiest little guy. :)

Have a good morning, everyone. :ghug

Hope everything goes smoothly with DH.

We are back from the first doctor sppointment. All went well. Kim is NOT a good candidate for surgical repair of the hiatal hernia. Most important is a light early supper and staying upright as long as possible afterwards. Also having the head of the bed elevated, which we've done.

Hope everything goes smoothly with DH.

We are back from the first doctor sppointment. All went well. Kim is NOT a good candidate for surgical repair of the hiatal hernia. Most important is a light early supper and staying upright as long as possible afterwards. Also having the head of the bed elevated, which we've done.

Good advice!

Linda ~ I'm glad Kim's first appt. went well.

Everything was good this morning - we were home by 11! The doctor said DH could eat anything he wanted, so he requested a ham and fried egg sandwich with mayo. :lol I made one and he asked for another...and a big glass of milk. Now he's sound asleep...but feeling fine. Glad that's over!

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I'm feeling a bit bummy today, but have been kinda all week :think Oh well, :shrug Not much exciting going on here. I did some laundry this morning and came in a little late.

Tab - Sorry about ds, but look on the bright side....at least he didn't punch his friend that he was mad at :think:shrug

Joanne - :yay for a new 'do'

Val - Sorry you had a bad night :hug

Amy - :yay for thursday leading to friday

Mary - Wow! I can't believe Luke will be 2 :eek I swear you JUST shared his birth pic :think

Linda - Glad you slept well and that Kim's first appointment went well. Hopefully, the second goes well too :xfin

Judy - How are the pups doing? I feel like I haven't seen a pic in a while :devil

Hello everyone. Busy, busy day at work, I took 10 minutes for lunch and all the rest of the day I ran. And I only had one patient! Hope she makes it through the night. We were supposed to go to dinner with dh's brothers, but I am exhausted and have to work again this morning. I told dh to go without me, but he opted to stay home too.

Val, sorry you had a bad night.:manyheart

Linda, glad Kim's first appointment went well. Hopefully the second did too.

Linda ~ I'm glad Kim's first appt. went well.

Everything was good this morning - we were home by 11! The doctor said DH could eat anything he wanted, so he requested a ham and fried egg sandwich with mayo. :lol I made one and he asked for another...and a big glass of milk. Now he's sound asleep...but feeling fine. Glad that's over!

Great!:clap And that sandwich sounds yummy:c9

Good afternoon ladies :hi

I'm feeling a bit bummy today, but have been kinda all week :think Oh well, :shrug Not much exciting going on here. I did some laundry this morning and came in a little late.

You need some :hug:hug:hug:hug

Judy - How are the pups doing? I feel like I haven't seen a pic in a while :devil

They're great - just Miss Lucy is a bit too protective when someone comes to the door! New policy: front door sats shut most of the time and if someone does come to the door we go out through the garage to talk to them! Funny, because when people are inside she's loving and when she meets them on walks she's also fine. Just nuts when they approach the house!

Ask and you shall receive: from the brief snow we had almost 2 months ago.

post-8552-135897741489_thumb.jpg

post-8552-135897741493_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone. Busy, busy day at work, I took 10 minutes for lunch and all the rest of the day I ran. And I only had one patient! Hope she makes it through the night. We were supposed to go to dinner with dh's brothers, but I am exhausted and have to work again this morning. I told dh to go without me, but he opted to stay home too.

Rest well tonight, Cindy:hug

Off I go for the night - need some time to think about my neighbor's baby ghan. I'm rethinking the lilac peek a boo since I just made one for the NICU where she works. I've found a very pretty shell baby pattern with a lacy edging. I may make that using Rose, a Caron Pounder I have. OR...make something fun like a RR.

Decisions, decisions...

I think I need to sleep on it.:lol

Hi all,

Cindy- Rest up tonight---especially if you are expected to get a foot of snow!:eek We had a beautiful 60 degree, sunshiny day here--and it's still February!!!! Very unusual- but I'll take it!!!!!!

Linda- hope that Kim's second appointment went well!!!

Mary- Wow - almost 2 already!!! Ryan will turn 7 mos tomorrow! Where does the time go? Glad DH's procedure went well and it sure sounds like he was very hungry afterwards!!!

Judy- Great pics!

Marisa- :hug:hug I think you need these---any resolution with the student loans?

Val- Sorry you had a bad night!

I had a super busy day- and had to chair a meeting today- and was very nervous about it- but it went well and I'm glad it's over---till next month's meeting!!!!

Off to relax for a bit!

Omgoodness....................... how long has it been? Forever I'm sure! How are you all? I have missed you guys so much!!!

I am so sorry for being away for so long!

Its been very busy at my house these last handful of months!

With hubby's relapse... and the boys with school and sports... I havent found any time for me at all!!! The drive from home to school to get the boys is the only quiet time I have to myself.

I have finally found a some quiet time now to be on my computer! :whew

I have been updating facebook via my phone .. best I can for family and friends... but havent been on my laptop in months.

Everyone is in bed... I have a load of laundry going..... dishwasher is on the dry cycle... and I'm alone and wanting to stop in here and say HI :hi and I miss you guys!

So whats been going on?

I am so far behind... on everything here.. my crocheting... etc.

I'm gonna pop over to a couple more threads...... catch up more later!

love you guys

:heart

:mug

Good morning and Happy Friday!

Great to see a post from you, Tammy!!!! I sure hope you can squeeze in a little 'me' time for you!!! Continued prayers for Ken!!! Have the boys started baseball yet? Or is it still too early?

It's raining and mid 30's this morning- what a difference from the beautiful spring like day we had yesterday! But, no complaints--it's not snow.

Cindy- hope you have a good day today- and continued prayers for your folks!

Sending good thoughts to all of you!!!!

Hi all

Just a quick check in to say howdy ..

Thinking of all you having difficulties in your life of any kind,and hope they improve .

Tab

I guess your boy learned his lesson about punching something when he gets mad .It probably hurt him more than the sign .

Tam

So very good to hear from you . I think of you often ,glad you had time to drop in to update us --you and the family are all in my thoughts daily .

Val

Hope your night was better last night .

Cindy

Hope your parents have a better day today .

Mary

Glad your husband got his test over with .Those things are no fun .

will check back in at some point. Cam is coming after school,so off I go to the store to get in his favorites for the weekend.

Will catch you all later -

Omgoodness....................... how long has it been? Forever I'm sure! How are you all? I have missed you guys so much!!!

With hubby's relapse... and the boys with school and sports... I havent found any time for me at all!!! The drive from home to school to get the boys is the only quiet time I have to myself.

I have been updating facebook via my phone .. best I can for family and friends... but havent been on my laptop in months.

Everyone is in bed... I have a load of laundry going..... dishwasher is on the dry cycle... and I'm alone and wanting to stop in here and say HI :hi and I miss you guys!

So whats been going on?

love you guys

I've been reading the updates on Caring Bridge. Ken is a very strong man - and you are one very strong lady:hug:hug:hug:hug:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

'morning, peeps!

Cindy, I hope you didn't get as much snow as predicted!! Be careful out there:hug

Colder and windy today - Spring is temporarily hiding again:lol

Still mulling over what sort of baby ghan to make...thinking about the antique-looking furniture the mom likes...Rose might be the perfect color after all. One color ghan...maybe:think

Any suggestions? I've looked on free pattern sites and saw some I liked as well as a couple in my pattern books. But...I guess I need to feel excited about a pattern and I'm not there yet.

Later, gators!:hug

Good morning all. Yesterday took a turn into weirdsville in the afternoon. Kim's doctor's appointment went well for her, but not for me. I suddenly was nauseated, short of breath, and shaking with chills. By the time we left I was in no shape to drive. John brought us both home, and I threw up twice on the way, something I just don't do. I managed to get the door open and do the dirty on the street instead of in the car. I took an antinausea pill and crawled into bed when we got home. I'm still cold, cold, cold today and I swear every joint in my body hurts. :blush

They're great - just Miss Lucy is a bit too protective when someone comes to the door! New policy: front door sats shut most of the time and if someone does come to the door we go out through the garage to talk to them! Funny, because when people are inside she's loving and when she meets them on walks she's also fine. Just nuts when they approach the house!

Ask and you shall receive: from the brief snow we had almost 2 months ago.

Beautiful pictures of the pups.

So whats been going on?

love you guys

Oh, Tammy, it's so very good to hear from you. You and Ken and the boys have been in my thoughts and prayers daily. :hug :hug :hug

Still mulling over what sort of baby ghan to make...thinking about the antique-looking furniture the mom likes...Rose might be the perfect color after all. One color ghan...maybe:think

Any suggestions? I've looked on free pattern sites and saw some I liked as well as a couple in my pattern books. But...I guess I need to feel excited about a pattern and I'm not there yet.

Later, gators!:hug

A round ripple with rose and cream sounds lovely. Maybe a third color, but not sure what.

Hope you all have a good day. :manyheart

Hi Ladies. :)

Tam ~ It's so good to see your post. :manyheart We miss you and know your days must be so full. Like Judy, I check Ken's updates and pray for you guys. :hug

Judy ~ Love the pictures! You know I'm the world's worst at making decisions :lol...there are sooo many wonderful patterns out there! Have you thought about the Tiramisu pattern? I've only made two, but love the look. The one I made for Luke has held up really well. I tacked down the ribbon in several places and it's gone through the wash just fine. Good luck making a decision!

Linda ~ Oh No! I know you've mentioned being cold for the last couple of days...I hope it's just a 24 hour bug and you feel much better soon. :hug

Joanne ~ Ryan is 7 months already?! I loved sitting playing with Luke for hours...now there isn't much sitting involved. :lol

Hi to the rest of the House, too. :manyheart

Linda, thanks for the idea for the RR colors...and Mary, I'll check out that pattern! I've used ribbon in blankets before and done the same thing, tacked it down so there weren't any worries that it might come out.

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning my lovelies¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

how are you all this fantastic Friday?

I'm doin' good. I have a load of laundry going... emptied the dishwasher... fresh pot of coffee going... emails all answered.... and look.... I'm on my laptop here with you guys..... :eek:faint....... LOL

So whos workin' on what?

I have a day of playing in my cotton ahead of me! I have a few sets of dishcloths to get done... then I need to tackle this long list of other projects I need to start or finish!

We had a nice little snow through the night on until 7:30ish am this morning... the sun is out now and melted it all... :( my youngest will be bummed... he was hoping to rebuild his little snowman that has melted. He created the cutest little snowman a few weeks back when we had a really nice dump. Good times... Great memories!

post-18634-135897741531_thumb.jpg

Okay... off to get my coffee cup refilled and back here with you kids while I crochet a dishcloth or 12 .... heheheee :)

have a fabulous Friday!

Good morning housemates :hi

I will only be here a short time today. I'm meeting my sister and friends later for dinner to celebrate one of her coworkers birthday :clap She asked me last night if I'd go by the market this morning to get a cookie cake so she wouldn't have to worry about running this morning. So that's done already and while I was there I stopped at subway for a bfast sandwich, I had a coupon for a free sandwich with a 16oz or larger drink purchase :clap It was quite yummy, I've never had bfast there before but I'd get it again. I also picked up a yogurt parfait they had so that'll be a snack at some point today.

I started a knit square for the mystery kal last night and didn't get very far on it. I realized I'd read the pattern wrong and had to start over yet again. But now at least it's underway :lol

Thanks for the hugs everyone...I really did need them :ghug Steph and bean are going on vacation Sunday through next Sunday so I'll have the whole week along, which I think I need too :yes That also means I should have alot of crafting time over this next week since I won't have any plans :lol Although, I'm sure something might pop up with Ingrid :think

Tam - Oh boy my heart jumped with joy to see you post, I was worried about you :hug Glad to hear dh is doing good now from his relapse, is he back into remission yet? And how are the boys...besides driving you crazy :wink Let's see....I have too much going on right now by way of projects. I'm working on both bernay mystery ghans, the cal and the kal :eek , I have a pair of fingerless gloves and a baby blanket in process that haven't been touched since the mystery began :eek I have a couple other things in my mind, but by the time I get there, I probably won't remember then :lol

Judy - :yay for puppy pics, thanks they made me :D A friend in another thread recently shared a link for a lion brand hooded baby blanket, I'll look for the link for you although you may already know it :think Found it..... http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/cpl-bafg.html?noImages= and I came across this one I saved while looking for that one http://www.allfreecrochet.com/Baby-Afghan-Crochet-Patterns/Memorable-Babys-First-Blanket/ml/1 Good luck with your search :xfin

Cindy - Be careful with all that snow. It was 53 on my way in today and after leaving the market I can feel the air start to change a bit. We're supposed to have a mix of rain/snow today and some flurries tomorrow, but I don't think it's supposed to amount to anything :think

Joanne - I didn't get that coldfront yet, but it's on it's way :lol I won't hear back on the loans again for about another 3 weeks :eek WTG at your meeting :h5

Julie - I just know you'll have a blast with Cam :yes What goodies are you buying him today?

Linda - Oh honey, you better see the dr for yourself. Sounds like the flu :think I sure hope this passes quickly and that you start feeling better :hug Get some rest, you've been pushing yourself so hard lately and your body's trying to tell you it's too much :yes:hug

Mary - Do you have anything fun planned with Luke this weekend?

Archived