Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning. Gray and gloomy here today. I slept well, and am planning to clean and maybe do some housework today.

Hi Sabrina, good to meet you. Low carb has also worked for me to lose weight. I get tired of it though, (I love bread, and I love to bake bread!)

Judy, I love cross stitch samplers. Whenever I see one, I think about those young girls from many years ago, learning their letters and how to stitch by making samplers. I've never done one all in one color though.

Faile, your yarn is "growing"! What are you going to make from it?

Joanne, work still sounds really busy. Hope there is some sort of break coming soon.

Julie, 5 years of "our house" Wow! I was here on crochetville at the beginning but did not join the CAL. No sewing together little squares for me.

Marlene, hope you are feeling better.

Hi Val, Marisa, Mary, Amy, Tab and everyone else.

Hello again folks

Joanne

I can't remember either when you first came to visit the House. You've been here for quite a long while now. I think Linda,Mary and Jude were here from the start, and I think tab too. Trying to remember who all else was .

Mary

Yep, you and Linda came in at around the same time.And you guys held down the ship when most of the rest of us wandered off elsewhere .Thanks for keeping the dishes done and the floors swept for us . :)

Sabrina

Glad you feel comfortable in here . You can just wear your pj's and slippers.None of us put on any fancy airs in here, it's come as you are ,yak about whatever you want .

Amy

Yep ,it does get busy in here at times. I remember long ago when we started, it's be 100 some posts per day to keep up with. I was much more ALERT and on the ball then,so it was easier for me to keep track .

You all have a good day .

Morning Cindy

Your post about the old samplers made me remember a vacation we took about 25 years ago. We went down south to visit some of the plantation houses in Virginia and one of them had the old samplers on the walls that the girls had made .Gives you cold chills to see them,knowing how long ago that was and wondering about the girls who made them .

I can't remember if they were done in different colors or all the same . Do you still visit the other site where Cara and those guys are ? I was wondering if they still meet up over there and if they might like to come back over here someday . Some of them were original members in here too .

Morning Cindy

Your post about the old samplers made me remember a vacation we took about 25 years ago. We went down south to visit some of the plantation houses in Virginia and one of them had the old samplers on the walls that the girls had made .Gives you cold chills to see them,knowing how long ago that was and wondering about the girls who made them .

I can't remember if they were done in different colors or all the same . Do you still visit the other site where Cara and those guys are ? I was wondering if they still meet up over there and if they might like to come back over here someday . Some of them were original members in here too .

I do visit once in a while, it's generally pretty quiet over there. No drama anymore though. Not sure about coming back here either, there was a lot of bitterness.

Cindy

That's ok, just thought I'd ask .It's been a long time since all that mess and the main people who were behind the original problems I think are long gone. I dont even remember their names,but I think they went over to Ravelry and made a group .

It's perfectly ok if they are happy where they are ,just thought I'd open the door for them if they wanted to come in .

Cindy

That's ok, just thought I'd ask .It's been a long time since all that mess and the main people who were behind the original problems I think are long gone. I dont even remember their names,but I think they went over to Ravelry and made a group .

It's perfectly ok if they are happy where they are ,just thought I'd open the door for them if they wanted to come in .

I think they have a ravelry group as well. I never got in to the whole group thing at rqvelry, just like to check it for new patterns.

Good morning everyone. :manyheart It's overcast and gloomy today, but not too chilly. Kim has a dentist check up today just to make sure that there was no damage done to her bottom teeth while she was intubated in ICU. One tooth was loose already and she winces when John brushes it. She doesn't for me, but I think I let the toothbrush do the work without putting a lot of pressure on it. Also need to figure out if there is anything major that needs to be done before we move to Texas. Better to get it done with a dentist we know and trust, than have to do it with a dentist who is new to us.

Moved a 4 drawer legal size file cabinet out from under the house and took it to Goodwill. Also a cabinet for TV/entertainment system. Took four crocks over to Rosie, who collects them. A 1 gallon, 2 three gallons, and a 10 gallon one. I made saurkraut in the 10 gallon one many years ago. It wasn't terribly hard, but sure was a smelly process. I've madee pickles in the others. They were my mom's and I wanted them to go to someone who would appreciate them.

By the time all that was done I was really sore and tired. Went to bed early and barely moved all night. I plan on crocheting this afternoon. My hooks and yarn are calling me.

Hello everyone. Just got home from work. Actually I worked until 3, then went to a class and then to a meeting.

Came home to find out that my mom was admitted to the hospital again today. She's been failing over the past two weeks, and today she was suddenly unable to walk or get a spoon to her mouth. Not sure what is going to happen there. My dad is not getting any stronger either. I'd appreciate prayers if you are so inclined.

I haven't done any crafting of any sort for a week. I've read three or four books over the past few days though. I still have a cold, and although I don't feel terrible, I am really tired by the end of the day. Yesterday I even napped, which is something I never do.

:hug :hug Praying for your parents and the whole family. This is so hard on all of you. :hug :hug Hope you cold gets better soon. :hug :hug

Well I thought I'd actually show you some of my crochet, as I don't think I've posted a picture of any crochet yet. :lol There's also a picture of my rather "pregnant" Turkish Spindle and the PVC Niddy Noddy I built today to make it easier to wind my yarn into a skein when it's time to finish it.

Love the pictures of everything. How's the shawl coming? Did you get it finished or is it still in the works?

Thanks for the hellos from everyone!

Julie - Working on a never ending scrap-ghan trying to stash bust. Also a Popcorn afghan for hubby's birthday.

Sorry to hear that so many are under the weather. We've had the sinus infection swap here. DH gets rid of it and I take it for while then I give it back, etc...

Busy-bee - You went to my favorite place to play! Around here we call Goodwill, "G.W. Fashions" :)

Seems like I'm there every week now getting new jeans. I've lost about 18 lbs since Nov and it's easy to replenish my supply without paying a fortune. I mean, hey, I gotta have cash for yarn! Man, if I didn't have yarn money I'd be on the street with a cardboard sign..."Will work for yarn"

Hope all of you can get some rest and get well.

Welcom Sabrina. :welcome Your afghans sound lovely. Congratulations on the weight loss! I go there to buy too. In fact I just donated a whole bunch of too big clothes. I haven't lost a lot of weight according to the scale, but I've certainly been losing inches. And muscle takes up less room than fat.

Hi ladies

Another quick drop in .Was actually wondering WHEN the House group started so I went back in the archives to post #1 .

January 27, 2007 ---

This group has been here FIVE years !

Time for a celebration . Who's got the CAKE ???? :D

Wow! :eek I didn't realize we'd been around for that long! Our membership has varied over the years, but it's been a great group of people to be friends with. I think I was one of the first ones to join the group and I love it here.

:cake This definitely calls for cake. Black forest cake with fudge frosting is my nomination. :cake Happy birthday to us! :cake

Joanne - Congrats of the weight loss! The DH and I did the low carb thing and it worked great for us.

And I'm Sabrina. Glad to know I can be less formal in here.

Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Us? Formal? No way! :lol

Have a great day all. :manyheart

Cindy

Yea I'm with you on the Ravelry page .I love looking at the patterns,but it seems too big over there os something,so never tried any groups . One of the ladies who used to be in heree many years ago invited me to join her group there, but it didnt really sound like my cup of tea,so I passed .

Linda

You are sure doing lots of heavy lifting and stuff. Take it easy if you can ,with your arthritis it must be difficult .

Yep, I think you were one of the originals here in the group .

That cake you described sure sounds tasty .

Good morning ladies :hi

Today is donut day!!!! (That's what Mardi Gras is called in my hometown and what I will always know it as) So will get a donut when I go out in a bit, it's the only day of the year that I actually crave that donut :lol It's been etched into my wiring :think Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday which means no chocolate for me until Easter :eek

Tonight we're going for haircuts...me, steph, and ingrid....it'll be a party :lol

Judy - I surely didn't make the 7000th post without the help of all of you :ghug I'm also working on the peek a boo blanket, although, I didn't get to it at all this week since the mystery cal started and I decided to do the kal too :ekk

Julie - Hmmmm, those 'squares' may just attach like that somewhere :think I think I cam around in 09, so I missed the first 2 years...but will dedicate half of today's donut to celebrate our birthday here :wink

Tab - My head has been starting to bother me too since Saturday, but I think mine's allergies since it really warmed up a bit around here again :sigh I hope you got some good sleep and are able to kick the headache out :wink

Joanne - How nice of dh to make dinner :yay and what a bummer there was no craft club :( I ended up not going to Joann's or Michael's either yesterday. It was late by I realized the time AND I really just don't have the money to spend right now :shrug Better off not looking :(

Cindy - Definitely sending prayers out for your parents and your family :hug :hug :hug I hope you start feeling better soon too :hug I also don't really do the groups on ravelry, but do check in on the mystery ghan one just to see others pics

Faile - Awesome work :manyheart Is that going to be a scarf, I love the color and great job with the yarn :yay:clap Oh, I just love some eye candy :2eek:drool

Sabrina - I keep saying I'm going to start a scrap ghan too, but every time I finish my list of projects, a new list appears :think:lol Congrat's on the weight loss :cheer Stop in whenever you have a chance, I could join you to panhandle for yarn.....I DON'T have any yarn money right now :(

Amy - Glad you got cleaning done and then were able to get in some :hook time How's your back doing today? Is it starting to calm down at all since finishing your floors?

Linda - I hope Kim's dentist appt goes well today :xfin You sure are making a lot of progress already :clap Oh boy, a 10 gallon crock...that's what my sister needs, hers always seems to be overflowing. My dad apparently has a 10 gallon bucket of sauerkraut in the works at home. A guy he works with makes it pretty regularly and I LOVE it, so he's always bringing some for me and now my dad's trying it out :lol There's nothing like it being homemade :drool I hope your feeling better quickly :hug

Hi there Marisa

Doggone I didnt know today was donut day . I guess I'll have to TRY choking one down in honor of the holiday .

Hope things will pick up for you soon so you have yarn bucks to spend . I'd send you all mine if I would have kept it but I gave it to a lady in town who makes afghans for the nursing home people ,so she would have gotten lots of afghans out of it .

Maybe you could check in some of your local libraries ? This time of year, lots of libraries in our area do the Warm Up America thing and they have donations of yarn from people if you want to make things for their group .

Enjoy your girl's time out getting all gussied up !

I'm so annoyed with my puter - I had a whole bunch of replies to posts....and then the thing went to the web page whatever...and I lost every single reply.

BBL :(

We are home. The dentist appointment went well and the tooth is okay. It's been loosened a bit, probably from the time when she was intubated, but that should correct itself over time. We went to IHOP for lunch and Kim had their double blueberry pancakes with blueberry compote, whipped cream, and blueberry syrup. She ignored the scrambled eggs and sausage that came with the pancakes so we brought them home for later.

I'm so annoyed with my puter - I had a whole bunch of replies to posts....and then the thing went to the web page whatever...and I lost every single reply.

BBL :(

Oh, no! I hate it when that happens. :hug

I had joined Crochetville in December 2006 and this was the first CAL I joined.

Good afternoon all,

I was up and down all night, therefore, sleeping later than normal. I've dropped the nephew off at work ran a few errands with niece. I'm going over to my sister's when she gets off work.

Sabrina, welcome to our "House." Congrats on your 18lb weight loss.

Faile, I love that blue yarn.

Linda, I hope your pain has lessen and that you'll have a successful day of crocheting.

Marisa, I'll have to go to Krispy Kreme today:devil. Have fun at your girlie party.

Marlene, I hope you're feeling better:hug.

Cindy, I hope you're finally shaking the cold. How are your parents? I'm still lifting them up in prayer.:hug

Joanne, I took a nap that turned into a loooong nap. It was dark when I woke up so I didn't get a chance to walk. It may sound silly, but I refuse to walk alone when it's dark even if our apartment complex is small. There's been to many missing Georgia women. I'm going to my sister's today, so we'll get some walking in. I've decided to walk early morning or at 3 pm when my little great niece gets home to walk with me. Hope you have an easier day today.

Julie, 5 years (WOW)! I joined October 20, 2007. It was the "House" CAL and your sense of humor that made me join the "Ville." I was lurking and came across the "House" and I joined immediately. I've been in and out because of my job and life as it can be sometimes. I should be stable now. My nephew just shakes his head when he sees me interacting on the "Ville." Being a part of this is one of my great joys!

I tried the Ralvery group and it wasn't the same. I went over there this summer to see what they were doing. They haven't met in over a year. It would be nice if they would come back. Oh well, that's life.

Judy, Tab, Mary and the rest of the gang...hope you're having a great day!:hug:hug

My message just sat up for over an hour.

Linda, glad the visit to the dentist was a success. Pancakes sounds delicious.

I forgot to tell you guys...I sold a prayer shawl and the baby blanket from Cindy's pattern. My sister told me to take everything completed with me to Alabama because people will make on the spot purchases. She has sold many items when at fast food drive thrus.

BBL.

Hi gang

Yea, we have had a pretty good group of people through the years to stick it out in here for so long. We've had some come ,some go,some come back,but it always has people here .

Maybe the thing people like now about it is the fact that we don't have any assigned tasks that you have to complete in a time frame. This is more or less just a hangout area with no stress involved,nothing you have to do and you can talk about anything .

Linda

It sure sounds like Kim has a good appetite again . And yep, you were one of the first people in the group here I think .

Jude

Sorry you lost your post again .That ticks you off,doesnt it ?

Val

Thank you kindly for saying it was me that got you to join up in here. I think everyone adds their own little piece of personality to make it a nice place to come .

It's ok that you have had some time away from here. I've had to do that myself several times . Sometimes life just takes over and you have to sit other things aside .

That's great that you sold some of your items ,you'll have to make up some more to take the next time you go visit !

Faile

Well, maybe somebody will take you up on it if you dont want to finish it . I sure wish I could,but I'm banished from yarn,so it looks like I'll have to pass .

I had joined Crochetville in December 2006 and this was the first CAL I joined.

I don't remember if it was House or Sky that I joined first:think

Yup. It's going to be a scarf. The pattern is called "Nancy's Waves Scarf". It's a free download from Ravelry.

I printed out that pattern - it's gorgeous!

Actually the shawl has been on hold for quite awhile now. I'm seriously thinking about abandoning it. I discovered that I'm using the wrong hook so it's working up smaller than it should be. I still want to do the pattern, but will probably just end up starting over with a different yarn. Perhaps even something I spin. Anyone want a half finished shawl to add to their WIPs??? :lol

If you're serious about getting rid of the half finished shawl...I'll take it.:devil Did you want it finished as a shawl...or morphed into something else?

Hi Ladies. :)

Marisa ~ Yum...I haven't had a donut in a long time. A haircut party sounds like fun!

Linda ~ Good news about Kim's dental visit. :yes I hope you have had some time to crochet today. :manyheart

Valerie ~ That is so neat that you sold two things!:clap I feel the same way about walking at night. Our neighborhood is really quiet and I always take my phone with me, but only walk during daylight hours.

Today was way too long. :lol I hope to finish a scarf tonight, but really need to do some cleaning while DH is gone...he'll be home tomorrow and it's his birthday!

Have a good night, everyone. :)

Hi house mates!

Cindy- I won't get a break from some long hours till this project is done- anticipated in September--so you will all be hearing me say- another LONG day in Paradise for a few more months:lol - hope you can bear with me!

Marisa- Who knew it was donut day? I would have forced myself to have one to celebrate Mardi Gras! I love donuts- especially cider donuts from the Orchards! Haven't had one of those in months!:drool

Judy- Two days in a row with your 'puter losing your post! How annoying. Hope it's better tomorrow!!!

Cindy- Keeping your folks in my thoughts and prayers! And hoping you are feeling better!

Linda- Be careful with all that moving!:hug It's nice that you gave some things that belonged to your Mom to Rosie!

Julie- You are one of the reasons that when I stumbled on the House that I joined in- I loved your sense of humor, your stories, your wit and the fun that everyone here seemed to have. Thank you!:hug

Mary- Happy early birthday to DH (in case I forget tomorrow morning)

Val- Did you get your walk in today? Congrats on selling some of your crochet goodness!!!

Sabrina- We are all very laid back here--Everyone is so warm & welcoming- and we support one another in good times and not so good times!

Faille- Thanks for explaining the PVC Niddy Noddy~~~

Tab and Marlene- Thinking of you!

Anyone hear anything from Dusty?

Off I go for the night!! See you bright and early- and I'll have the coffee--Judy posted on FB that coffee prices are going up again:eek

So who is making homemade sauerkraut???? We did that one year and it was the best I've had. Nothing like what comes in the jars/cans. Wanted to make more this past year but I didn't get enough heads of cabbage out of the garden.

Hope everyone is feeling better from all the ailments.

time for some hookin' and TV....Nite All!

Hello everyone!! Tonight I spent time with the kids and husband. When teens WANT to play monopoly and Uno I take them up on the offer. It was soooo much fun. We laughed and had a really good time. So I didnt get any crocheting done but thats okay.

Marisa--my back is still acting up. I think the dr will have to order an MRI eventually because it just isnt letting up. I even laid down again today. I hate doing it but when it hurts it gets bad. Thank you for asking.

I spent the evening at my sisters. Of course, we didn't follow the schedule I thought we would follow,

Joanne, no I still didn't get my walk in so I've decided I'm going to make a date with myself and set my alarm. I will get up, wash my face and walk. Come in, take a shower, morning devotion and then whatever for the rest of the day!

Mary, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your DH!!!

Archived