Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'morning, peeps!

Spring is here...going to be near 60 today!!:eek

I'm fine with either. I'd hate to tear out what I've done because it does look rather nice so far, but I'm just at a point where I don't want to do anything more with it. PM me and we can figure out the details to send it off to you.

I sent you a PM:hook

I have laundry going already - and want to start the x st sampler today. Since I'll be home all day it should be doable.

Have a good one, my friends.

Cindy, your mom...and all of you are in my prayers...:hug

Hi House. :waving

Amy ~ Your family time sounds great! You're so right - when teens want to do those things, we have to take advantage of it. :D

Valerie ~ Way to go on a schedule. :cheer I used to walk at least 2 miles every morning, weather permitting. I felt really good and need to start again. :yes

Sabrina ~ Linda was the sauerkraut maker! When we had big gardens, I used to make it and do lots of canning, too. Everything tastes so much better!

Julie ~ I forget to comment when you mentioned Downton Abbey. I love it! It's on PBS on Sunday nights here...would love to have a DVD of the whole series. :) How is Mr. Cam doing?

I need to go to the store one more time. :lol DH asked for roasted chicken tonight and the ones in the freezer will never thaw in time.

At 2:20 this a.m. Gracie woke me up. An ambulance and fire truck lights were lighting up the whole block. Thinking "fire" I threw on sweats, looked out and whatever it was, was next door to us. No fire, but the ambulance was there for way over an hour. There are a lot of people living there-all ages, so not sure what happened. That's two very short nights in a row for me now. ;)

Good morning. Bright and sunny day here today. (so much for that wintry mix they were predicting overnight!)

Thanks for the prayers for my mom. Can I ask you to include my dad, who was also taken to the hospital yesterday with increasing weakness. I suspect an infection, and am hopeful that a few days of antibiotics will start the recovery process. I haven't heard anything more from my brother, and I'm hoping that no news is good news. I know he would call if there was something new, and I don't want to bother him, since he has to deal with all the issues as they arise, since he lives near them.

DD is off to interview for admission to grad school. She is quite nervous and unfortunately, it will be some time before she hears whether she will be admitted in the fall or not.

No crafting happening here. yesterday I washed all my kitchen cabinets and woodwork. Today I'm going to work on the bathrooms. (Better go with the cleaning bug while it's here.)

Good morning. Overcast again today. Joints are screaming.

I forgot to tell you guys...I sold a prayer shawl and the baby blanket from Cindy's pattern. My sister told me to take everything completed with me to Alabama because people will make on the spot purchases. She has sold many items when at fast food drive thrus.

BBL.

Way to go, Val. :clap

Today was way too long. :lol I hope to finish a scarf tonight, but really need to do some cleaning while DH is gone...he'll be home tomorrow and it's his birthday! :)

:birthday:cake Happy birthday to your hubby. :cake:birthday

So who is making homemade sauerkraut???? We did that one year and it was the best I've had. Nothing like what comes in the jars/cans. Wanted to make more this past year but I didn't get enough heads of cabbage out of the garden. Nite All!

I made sauerkraut and it was wonderful. A very smelly process, but well worth it.

Hello everyone!! Tonight I spent time with the kids and husband. When teens WANT to play monopoly and Uno I take them up on the offer. It was soooo much fun. We laughed and had a really good time. So I didnt get any crocheting done but thats okay.

Absolutely a great idea.

Marisa--my back is still acting up. I think the dr will have to order an MRI eventually because it just isnt letting up. I even laid down again today. I hate doing it but when it hurts it gets bad. Thank you for asking.

Hope things get better with your back.

Good morning ladies :hi

We all got our hair done last night :D Mine was kinda grown in and shaggy looking :lol My sister got 'de-bulked' and Ingrid hates getting it cut so he really just snipped the ends, but she gets bleached to a platinum white color...so she was first to start and last to finish :eek We have so much fun there. Oh and Dan, our hairdresser, started this bit of going out and featuring local businesses and has a website he posts these videos on. Some are super funny and viral. He's planning on doing one here so we're working on setting it up, maybe in about a monthish so that should be fun and yes, he's aware that it needs to be a little more to the professional side than what he often does :lol

I got minimal knitting time and finished my 2nd KAL square. The new clues are out today :bounce I slept horribly...tossed and turned ALL night long, heard some precipitation of some sort against the windows :sigh Gorgeous today though :yes

I've been going back and forth with AES (student loans) since December about applying for deferment at the end of January when my forebearance expired. I've got a letter today that it was denied :( That's the 4th time since the end of Dec :think I don't understand why, I was approved on the other one from chiro school so submitted that verification. At any rate after speaking to them after the first time of being denied they told me I needed something else with it, so sent that and was denied again. They told me something else was missing so resubmitted with everything again and was denied again. When the 3rd round got denied they told me that the other deferment doesn't count as a direct loan anymore because it's already been consolidated :think OK, why not tell me that the first time, let's wait until the 3rd :eek So, then the supervisor told me what I needed to submit about being self employed with a statement of income and provide my tax id information. So I send all that in, accompanied with my letter from the IRS providing my tax ID and I get a denial letter for the deferment today that I didn't supply my tax ID information :eek Needless to say that I'm super frustrated at this point. I have a payment due on Sunday that I told them I can't give them because I just don't have it, which is why I started this process over a month before the forebearance expired!!! Grrrr :angry

OK, I'm done venting now....thanks for listening :ghug

Julie - I love coming to chat and not being 'locked' in to certain items. I hope you get everything done that needs done this morning.

Judy - I'm sure you'll make something lovely of Faile's shawl :yes It's supposed to be pushing 60 here too today :eek No wonder my allergies/sinuses keep acting up.

Mary - :birthday to DH! Did you finish your scarf last night? Roast chicken sounds wonderful....but no meat for me today since it's Ash Wednesday and I'm catholic :yes Brought the fixings for a tuna sandwich for lunch today :drool Sorry you got 2 nights of limited sleep, it's scary to wake up and see all the lights...I hope your neighbors are alright

Joanne - Have fun at your haircut appt tonight and when you get home the new clue will be patiently waiting for you to find it :wink Doesn't look bad, I took a peek before heading in here.

Sabrina - My dad currently has some sauerkraut in the works. He never made it before but is being told how by a coworker of his that makes it all the time and sends some for me....you're right that having it fresh is completely different from the canned stuff :yes

Amy - How nice to have a family game night :yes I was never a big monopoly fan, but love uno :lol

Val - Enjoy your walk today. What did you and your sister do last night?

Cindy - Definitely sending prayers for not only your parents, but also you and your brother :hug Great job getting the kitchen cleaned, did you finish with the bathroom? Sending positive thoughts for dd and her interview :xfin

Linda - What's on your agenda today, any appointments?

Cindy - you're like me...no news is good news Here are some more :hug and prayers.

And I always clean when stressed or worried.

Linda, comparing notes here: do your joints crackle when you first move and get up in the morning?? Gentle hugs coming your way.

Marisa, DS extended his loans out, too - I think he'll be in his 60's before they're paid off:lol Good luck:hug

Do you like your haircut? I can't wait to get mine done again. I was going to let it grow out curly again, but I realized I like it better on the short side. I can blow it smooth and do it fast!

BBL!

DD is off to interview for admission to grad school. She is quite nervous and unfortunately, it will be some time before she hears whether she will be admitted in the fall or not.

I hope she gets in! It would be awful having to wait another year to apply again!

Hi Mary

Yea, I got the Downton Abbey shows for my K.Fire -- I hear they are now making season 3 . !

Happy Birthday to your hubby.

Cam is well, we usually dont see him during the week between school and homework, we wait til the weekends to see him .

Hope your neighbors are ok .

Cindy

:hug

Also good luck to your girl on getting into her classes ! The waiting is aggravating,isnt it ?

Linda

Sorry your joints are hurting so bad again. I know the feeling. Awful .

Marisa

Your new hairdo day sounds like it was fun .

Hope you can get the loan thing worked out somehow . :hug

Jude

Will be watching to see how the shawl adventure goes !

Marisa, DS extended his loans out, too - I think he'll be in his 60's before they're paid off:lol Good luck:hug

Do you like your haircut? I can't wait to get mine done again. I was going to let it grow out curly again, but I realized I like it better on the short side. I can blow it smooth and do it fast!

BBL!

Marisa

Your new hairdo day sounds like it was fun .

Hope you can get the loan thing worked out somehow . :hug

Thanks ladies :hug We did have fun last night and I love my hair :clap

Cindy ~ I'm so sorry that your dad is back in the hospital. :hug How is your mom doing?

Marisa ~ Yep, isn't bureaucracy great?! :no Sorry for the extra frustration. :hug

It's almost 80* and very windy. Gracie and I went for a long walk. :)

I thought this might bring some smiles today. :D Luke at his Little Gym class this a.m. - his first time swinging from the rings...

How adorable!!!! And what a sweet smile....:c9

My dad is home, and he sounds pretty good. He was dehydrated and his oxygen levels were low. They increased his oxygen at home and gave him some fluids, and he is now aware that he needs to drink more. Mom is the same, as far as I know. Thanks for all the kind thoughts.

I thought this might bring some smiles today. :D Luke at his Little Gym class this a.m. - his first time swinging from the rings...

Just what I needed today :manyheart Thanks for the uplift :hug

My dad is home, and he sounds pretty good. He was dehydrated and his oxygen levels were low. They increased his oxygen at home and gave him some fluids, and he is now aware that he needs to drink more. Mom is the same, as far as I know. Thanks for all the kind thoughts.

Glad to hear dad is moving in the right direction....now we just need mom to follow :hug Continued prayers for everyone :hug

Cindy - you're like me...no news is good news Here are some more :hug and prayers.

And I always clean when stressed or worried.

Linda, comparing notes here: do your joints crackle when you first move and get up in the morning?? Gentle hugs coming your way.

Oh, yeah! It Cleared off this afternoon and they are better for the moment. We're supposed to have more storms moving in tonight, so don't know how long the reprieve will last

BBL!

Mine is short and I've decided that it really does look the best this was. I've tried growing it out a number of times and always end up hating it and getting it cut short again.

Absolutely adorable, Mary! :manyheart

Cindy, I'm continuing to pray for your mom and dad and family. :hug :hug

Marisa, This has got to be soooo frustrating. :hug :hug Hopefully things will get straightened out yet.

I have a neighbor in her early 80's and after hip replacement surgery and rehab, she went home in great shape, but then went downhill. She was dehydrated! Sounds like the elderly do need reminders to drink water.

Mine is short and I've decided that it really does look the best this was. I've tried growing it out a number of times and always end up hating it and getting it cut short again.

Ditto...this is the 2nd time in a year and a half I cut it short. Time to quit trying to do the impossible and stick with what works for me.

From your answer to my question I guess the arthritis in my spine must be in my shoulders, too. For joy...

Oh, well, I'd better work on those projects I have in mind before things get worse.

I just don't know how you can manage Kim feeling the pain the way I know you do:hug:hug

Hello all.

What a day......one of my 16 year olds decided to punch a street sign because he was mad at a friend & he broke his pinky. Teenagers! :angry I could've found 100 things I would have rather been doing than sitting in urgent care.

Anyways, I am just popping in to say howdy & good night.....i'm off to relax.

Hi all,

Read through all the posts! Didn't get home till 8 last night - but feel good after having my hair cut/colored. I didn't have as much fun as Marisa seems to have had getting hers done,though!:lol

Prayers for your mom/dad, Cindy! Glad your dad is home already

I've got to run- and hopefully be back later on this evening to properly post!

Archived