Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Does anybody know where I can find LA2755 35 Granny Squares Combined to make a Granny Sampler Afghan? It's by Martha Brooks Stein. I have searched high and low for it.

Hi House! I've just caught up with posts...it's been a busy house. :lol

Joanne ~ So glad you had "Ryan time" this past weekend. :c9 The teething and drooling goes on forever. ;)

Marlene ~ Looking forward to seeing your ghan! :yes

Amy ~ Your aghan will be so pretty in hdc!

Linda ~ I hope your arthritis is much better by now. :hug Good luck with all of the sorting and deciding what to do with things!

Judy ~ What project will you be doing in cross stitch?

Hi to the rest of the House, too. I need to get back to my desk and hopefully finish these taxes today.

I'm linking to the Charity CAL - Are we still supposed to post pictures only in one CAL and once in Show and Tell? :think 'Need to go look that up. :)

Progress!

Beautiful :manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this a book of many patterns or a leaflet. It's used and they want $15 for it. Is that because it is hard to locate?

Taxes are done except for one thing...then I can do the final copy and off they go.

Now, back to another scarf that I'd like to finish by tomorrow night for the Charity CAL. We'll see how that goes. :lol

Is this a book of many patterns or a leaflet. It's used and they want $15 for it. Is that because it is hard to locate?

I'm not really sure, but probably that is the reasoning on the price.

Thank you, Marisa and Valerie! :manyheart

Here is the Shelly scarf pattern - I like it with or without the fringe. :)

http://www.crochetme.com/media/p/89470.aspx

I've used this pattern as well, I always leave the fringe off because I'm always afraid the fringes will start to split at start to look bad :(

Mary, both projects are beautiful. I would love the pattern to the scarf.

Marisa, you made post #7000.

:woo:bounce

Judy ~ What project will you be doing in cross stitch?

Progress!

Beautiful!! I really love the colors of the RR:yes

...and I'm making a simple, antique-looking sampler: bands of design as well as the alphabet. Jules steered me to it. I'm using oatmeal Aida and red thread:D

My other UFO's have color changes and stuff, so i thought I would jump in and get my feet wet with a single color, simple design, so the others won't be as intimidating to me when I get back to them.

Meanwhile for those TV moments I started another peek a book baby ghan.:hook

Marisa - wish we offered prizes for hitting those big numbered posts!

Hi gang

Another quick check in .

Mary

Your pictures were very pretty. Beautiful RR and scarf .

Marisa

The way those first "squares " turned out, it looks alomst like they are going to attach at the chain parts that stick out ,dont you think ?

Val

That pattern book is out of print I think . You might have some luck if you go to the thread on buy and sell or looking for a pattern -- then ask if anyone has one they would sell or trade you for another booklet or yarn. You might get lucky that way .

jude

Ithink your x-stitch will look very pretty .

Hi Bubbe and welcome -

Drop in anytime ,there's always somebody in here to yak with . What are you working on right now ?

Does anybody know where I can find LA2755 35 Granny Squares Combined to make a Granny Sampler Afghan? It's by Martha Brooks Stein. I have searched high and low for it.

eBay was my thought on where to look for it.

Lurking and reading in here....so much going on!

Love the shelly scarf!

:hi Hi, Bubbe. Glad to have you whenever want to come in and chat. Lurking is good too. :D

Just a quick hello. My head is pounding, which is a daily thing lately....I think it's just a lack of sleep. Well, off to rest.

Have a good night all :ghug

:hug :hug :hug Hope you get to feeling better soon. Is Elijah sleeping any better at night yet? :hug :hug :hug

Made two trips to Goodwill today and then lugged a bunch of pottery crocks over to Rosie, who collects them. A 1 gallon, two 3 gallons, and one 10 gallon one. I've used the big one to make saurkraut in a long time ago. It was the sweetest and tenderest saurkraut I've ever had but it sure was a stinky process. I got them from my mom and they were all used in making a variety of different pickles over the years.

Lurking and reading in here....so much going on!

Love the shelly scarf!

Hi! That scarf is very easy to make, too... Pop in here whenever you want to:hook

Just a quick hello. My head is pounding, which is a daily thing lately....I think it's just a lack of sleep. Well, off to rest.

Could be...I'm like that when I don't get much sleep.

Linda - are you feeling better? Or just pushing through the pain?:hug

Off for tonight...

CU all sometime tomorrow. I have an early start in the morning....

Hi all,

Some holiday!! I didn't leave work till 6:40!!!:lol

Luckily, DH made dinner- so it was nice to come home to a cooked meal. No craft club tonight since the library is closed :(

Love the RR, Mary!!! And of course the Shelly scarf--my "go to scarf"--I don't put the fringe on it for the same reason as Marisa! I think it looks very pretty "as is" without it!!!

Linda- Hope you didn't overdo today- considering all the pain you've been in.:hug

Val- Cheering you on with your 3 mile a day walks:cheer

Judy- It sure does sound like X stitch is cheaper!

Marisa- I had the coupon too, and was going to stop on my way home- but I was tired when I finally got out, that all I wanted to do was go home! You know I was tired, if I didn't stop to look at/possibly buy some yarn!

Judy- Are you still working on that x st piece?

Bubbe- Welcome!!

Tab- Hope your headache goes away soon and that your bundle of joy Eli lets you get some rest:hug

Thank you, Marisa and Valerie! :manyheart

Here is the Shelly scarf pattern - I like it with or without the fringe. :)

http://www.crochetme.com/media/p/89470.aspx

Thank you soooo much Mary. I'm going to make this soon.

Hi gang

Another quick check in .

Val

That pattern book is out of print I think . You might have some luck if you go to the thread on buy and sell or looking for a pattern -- then ask if anyone has one they would sell or trade you for another booklet or yarn. You might get lucky that way .

jude

Ithink your x-stitch will look very pretty .

I found it on ebay with the link provided by Marisa. They have almost tripled the price.

Sweetie, I hope you feel better soon.:hug

Have a good one all!

Hello everyone. Just got home from work. Actually I worked until 3, then went to a class and then to a meeting.

Came home to find out that my mom was admitted to the hospital again today. She's been failing over the past two weeks, and today she was suddenly unable to walk or get a spoon to her mouth. Not sure what is going to happen there. My dad is not getting any stronger either. I'd appreciate prayers if you are so inclined.

I haven't done any crafting of any sort for a week. I've read three or four books over the past few days though. I still have a cold, and although I don't feel terrible, I am really tired by the end of the day. Yesterday I even napped, which is something I never do.

Hello everyone. Just got home from work. Actually I worked until 3, then went to a class and then to a meeting.

Came home to find out that my mom was admitted to the hospital again today. She's been failing over the past two weeks, and today she was suddenly unable to walk or get a spoon to her mouth. Not sure what is going to happen there. My dad is not getting any stronger either. I'd appreciate prayers if you are so inclined.

I haven't done any crafting of any sort for a week. I've read three or four books over the past few days though. I still have a cold, and although I don't feel terrible, I am really tired by the end of the day. Yesterday I even napped, which is something I never do.

Cindy, I'm praying for your parents. Get some rest if you can.:hug

Thanks for the hellos from everyone!

Julie - Working on a never ending scrap-ghan trying to stash bust. Also a Popcorn afghan for hubby's birthday.

Sorry to hear that so many are under the weather. We've had the sinus infection swap here. DH gets rid of it and I take it for while then I give it back, etc...

Busy-bee - You went to my favorite place to play! Around here we call Goodwill, "G.W. Fashions" :)

Seems like I'm there every week now getting new jeans. I've lost about 18 lbs since Nov and it's easy to replenish my supply without paying a fortune. I mean, hey, I gotta have cash for yarn! Man, if I didn't have yarn money I'd be on the street with a cardboard sign..."Will work for yarn"

Hope all of you can get some rest and get well.

Morning folks

Cindy -- thinking of you and your parents and family during this difficult time . Drop in here anytime if you need to talk .

Faile

Wondering what the blue item is that you are making ? Is it a scarf ? It's very pretty . Looks like your spindling is going well,and anxious to see how the next step works with the pipe-design thing .

Bubbe

Feel free to jump on in here and talk all you want. We've been in here a LONG time with this group and we have lots of really good ladies in here who always welcome new people in with open arms.

Sounds like a good plan to do a stashbuster afghan --good way to use up scraps and make something useful .

I bet your husband will also like his afghan. What color are you making it in ?

Sorry you guys are sick too .Sounds as if everyone is taking a turn with that this year .

I like shopping at Goodwill too and looking for bargains. We have one in our town and the next town over .

Congrats on the weight loss -- some of the ladies here go to weight-watchers so maybe they can toss in some remarks on how that system works. I think they have all had good luck with it .

Well, i'm off for a bit. Will check in later sometime .

HI all, and good morning!

Julie- Wow- Five years of "Our House"! I'm not sure how long I've been here- I wasn't here from the beginning- but I agree, the ladies who 'live' here are all fabulous!!!

Here's some :cake (hey, it's the best I could do at this early hour- no time to bake one before work:lol)

Faille- That PVC thing is pretty cool- Do you use that as a "swift"? it seems you are enjoying your new craft of spinning and thanks for sharing a pic of our :crocheting

Cindy :hug to you and prayers for your Mom and Dad!

Bubbe- Alot of us go by our first names here- so if you'd like to share yours, that would be great, but if not, that's ok too. Congrats on the 18 lb wt loss. I lost about 20 something pounds last year doing WW- it's what worked for me- and so far so good I've kept it off. I donated a lot of my clothes that were too big to "GW Fashions" as you call it;) I think I'll adopt that name too- it has a nice ring to it!

Linda- Hope this morning finds you a little less (or a lot less) achy!

Val- How did your walking go yesterday?

Marisa- So what did you get with your Michael's coupon? I really wanted to stop yesterday on my way home, but by the time I left work, all I wanted to do was go home! It's not like I'm 'needing' any yarn though so it was just probably meant to be!!!

Judy-that book sounds good- although I haven't had much chance to read- I think it's time for me to go back to listening to books on my way to/from work.

Marlene- Hope you are starting to feel better!

Mary- WTG on finishing your taxes. Still haven't done ours yet.

Tab- Thinking of you and your sleepless nights with your cute little guy! Hopefully soon, he'll let you get a little more sleep! These first few months are always the roughest!

I'd better start getting ready for another busy day in Paradise!

:hug to you all!

Joanne - Congrats of the weight loss! The DH and I did the low carb thing and it worked great for us.

And I'm Sabrina. Glad to know I can be less formal in here.

Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Hi House. :) And I'll bring some cake to the party, too. It's hard to believe it's been 5 years since Julie started the Cal! :cake

Thank you so much for the compliments on my finished projects! :manyheart

Sabrina ~ Welcome! We're glad you're here. :hook

Judy ~ The sampler in red on oatmeal sounds wonderful!

Linda ~ You got so much accomplished yesterday...I hope you have some crochet time mixed in with your cleaning.:yes

Faile ~ Beautiful yarn! :yarn Using PVC as a "yarn winder" is such a neat idea.

Cindy ~ Your parents and family are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug So sorry your cold is hanging on. :hug

Julie ~ Thank you for the birthday "reminder." :manyheart I joined the 'Ville when I saw the Cal and Cara's patterns!

Have a good morning, all. I hope to be home by early afternoon.:)

Archived