Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Thanks ladies, I'm a little better but not 100%. Hopefully, tomorrow will I'll have shaken this bug or whatever it is.

Joanne - I hope you get to make at least 1 square. It makes up really fast.

I didn't get one square done---I got TWO done!!! :lol

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi ladies,

I was making a quick stop by :). We did see the movie and yep, I enjoyed it :) it was a little different from the book.....but they always are :lol

Val - we started the squares and are both using a j hook. I made 1 ahead of time and we did 3 together. My sister was excited to have done 3 already since she was skeptical about 1 :lol. And I'm proud of her because she even got them the same size on the first try :clap

:clap:clap for your sister!!! I'm using an I hook and they are coming out 4 1/2 X 4 1/2--Not sure if I'm going to like putting these together.:think I had enough of a challenge with the last one- and those squares were 10 inches if I remember correctly!

Amy- Forgot to comment-:clap:clap for finishing the floors!!! Hope your back is ok after all that!!! And that you get in a little:crocheting time!

My back did NOT like all that work. Ripping up carpet.. moving furniture around.. all that work.. did NOT mesh well with an already hurting back!! I am going to TRY to take it easy today.. I have a lot to do so we will see how that goes.. HAHA

:clap:clap for your sister!!! I'm using an I hook and they are coming out 4 1/2 X 4 1/2--Not sure if I'm going to like putting these together.:think I had enough of a challenge with the last one- and those squares were 10 inches if I remember correctly!

Good for you Joanne. I'm not excited about putting the squares together. Actually, that's my least favorite part of crocheting. But I like the challenge of the mystery so I'll plug along. I do hope you stay on board.

Good morning to all,

Just checking in. I have 1 more person to drop off at work and then back to bed for a while. I'm feeling a little better.

Judy and Amy - Have a great day!

'morning, peeps!

Good Morning everyone!! It is Thursday. Its pretty warm here today.. 48 degrees.. we are having a heat wave!! So weird for Feb. It is rainy out so we wont be able to really enjpy this warmer weather but thats okay.. What are your plans for the day??

We have temps in the 40's today, too - it's been the "Winter that was hardly there" for us in NJ. Good for the heating bills, but I happen to like snow and so do my furples....:(

Not much on the agenda: a quick errand, laundry - all that fun stuff.

I have my neighborhood book club tonight so will put a fruit salad together so I have something to bring over and eat without feeling guilty:lol

Have a good one, my friends.

Good morning everyone. It's overcast and dripping rain out so a good day to stay inside and crochet. The Charity CAL for this month starts today so will see how much I can accomplish for that during the next six days. Today is another visit from the speech/swallow therapist. She's coming about 12:30 so that hopefully she can see Kim in action and we'll go from there.

Hi all,

I had a long day at work and I think I'm still not over whatever I was starting to get last weekend- feels like the start of a cold- and then goes away - and then comes back--I'm going to try one of the squares from the Bernat CAL and then I think I'm going to call it an early night!

Hope you get to feeling better soon, Joanne.

Wow- You sure do have a lot to accomplish between now and mid-late June:eek Were you surprised by that bit of news?

Yup! It was sooner than expected. John met me with the comment, "Do you want the good news or the bad news first?" His job got eliminated at work and ends the first of June, but he got a really good severance package. It just makes the decision to move that much easier. He's aiming for the house to go up for sale end of April or early May, so there's a tremendous amount to things to accomplish in the next two months. :eek But it'll get done one way or another.

Hi ladies,

Val - we started the squares and are both using a j hook. I made 1 ahead of time and we did 3 together. My sister was excited to have done 3 already since she was skeptical about 1 :lol. And I'm proud of her because she even got them the same size on the first try :clap

:cheer :cheer :cheer

My sister is also sick. I think it's our allergies because our sister in Bama smokes and we stayed at her house. Fortunately for me, I had my nasal medicine so I think it affected me less than it did her. I still don't feel 100% but I'm not as down as she is.

Hope you both feel better soon. :hug

My sister and I are both using a H hook. My squares came out perfedt 4 1/2 X 4 1/2. Hers is slightly smaller. I just finished my last square and she's only completed 1 square.

I didn't get one square done---I got TWO done!!! :lol

Way to go to all of you working on the mystery CAL. Sounds like you're all off to a good start. :cheer :cheer :cheer

My back did NOT like all that work. Ripping up carpet.. moving furniture around.. all that work.. did NOT mesh well with an already hurting back!! I am going to TRY to take it easy today.. I have a lot to do so we will see how that goes.. HAHA

Hope you can take it easy today and that the back doesn't give you too many extra problems. :hug :hug

Time to get Kim and my day started. Check in with you all later. :manyheart

Oh boy, so glad I wasn't sucked in. I detest sewing things together!!!

Good morning Cindy and Linda,

Cindy - I hope you're feeling better. Did you get to buy a lot of pretty things?

Linda - I've been out 3 times and it's nasty. I'm glad the medical person is coming to you and Kim so you don't have to go out in the mess. Have a good day.

Good morning. Rainy gloomy day out today. I feel slightly better, I think. At least I don't have a headache anymore. I went to bed at 8 o'clock last night and didn't get up until almost 9 this morning. I plan to rest all day today, (Well maybe I will do a few loads of laundry, but that is not exactly strenuous work!).

Val, hope your illness is just allergies, and not this cold that I have. Lots of people around here are sick with it. And Joanne, hope you aren't getting a cold.

Congrats to everyone on their Bernat afghan progress.

Linda, at least you know what will be happening in regards to the move. Will this job loss be the start of retirement for John or will he look for another job? And as an ICu nurse, I have to say thanks to John for taking Kim to visit. We love to see our successes and we rarely do.

Yesterday's shopping trip was cut short because I just didn't feel good. I bought felt to make that play house/car mat toy and we went out to lunch. I am surprised how inexpensive felt is. (Well real wool felt is $19 a yard, but I bought the cheap stuff and it was only $4.99 a yard) I spent a little over $10 on felt and will have quite a lot leftover.

I finished another knit slipper yesterday. Unfortunately it is not a mate for the first one I made. Thats the thing about slippers. You're not finished until you have made two. And making a second one the same as the first is a challenge for me.

Good morning. Rainy gloomy day out today. I feel slightly better, I think. At least I don't have a headache anymore. I went to bed at 8 o'clock last night and didn't get up until almost 9 this morning. I plan to rest all day today, (Well maybe I will do a few loads of laundry, but that is not exactly strenuous work!).

Resting sounds like a really good idea.

Linda, at least you know what will be happening in regards to the move. Will this job loss be the start of retirement for John or will he look for another job? And as an ICu nurse, I have to say thanks to John for taking Kim to visit. We love to see our successes and we rarely do.

I know what you mean about liking to see your successes. As to retirement for John, that's not clear yet. He is planning on looking for work in Texas after we move, but a age 64 I'm not sure how that will go. Time will tell on that front.

Yesterday's shopping trip was cut short because I just didn't feel good. I bought felt to make that play house/car mat toy and we went out to lunch. I am surprised how inexpensive felt is. (Well real wool felt is $19 a yard, but I bought the cheap stuff and it was only $4.99 a yard) I spent a little over $10 on felt and will have quite a lot leftover.

Yay for the felt not being too expensive. :clap

I finished another knit slipper yesterday. Unfortunately it is not a mate for the first one I made. Thats the thing about slippers. You're not finished until you have made two. And making a second one the same as the first is a challenge for me.

Making two of anything and having them match is always a challenge.

Oh boy, so glad I wasn't sucked in. I detest sewing things together!!!

Oh, I remember....:lol:lol:lol

Linda, I hope Kim cooperates with the swallow test today!

Good Morning, Ladies. :) I've made tortilla soup for 25 and 3 dozen cornbread muffins this morning. :lol DH's office is having a lunch/meeting tomorrow and everyone asked for this soup. (I sent some last year.) Usually once or twice a month I send something with DH and everyone loves the surprise lunch...and I love cooking, so it makes me happy. :)

Linda ~ I hope Kim behaves for the therapist today. ;) June will be here before we know it and you'll be in Texas! :D

Amy ~ Yay for finishing the floors. :clap I'm glad you're going to take it easy today. :manyheart

Valerie ~ Take care and feel better soon. :hug

Hi to the rest of the House! I need to clean up my kitchen and fold some laundry...then it's crochet time.:hook

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Not much going on around here. I did some laundry this morning and started a baby blanket using Cindy's Peek A Boo pattern :D I also worked a bit on my sisters fingless gloves last night and almost finished the first, but want to have her try it on before I continue because it seems to be smaller than the first pair I made her :think

Joanne - I'm under the impression that not all of the squares will be this size for the mystery ghan. I don't mind sewing together, but prefer to do it in bits as I go, which I can't do with this project.

Good Morning, Ladies. :) I've made tortilla soup for 25 and 3 dozen cornbread muffins this morning. :lol DH's office is having a lunch/meeting tomorrow and everyone asked for this soup. (I sent some last year.) Usually once or twice a month I send something with DH and everyone loves the surprise lunch...and I love cooking, so it makes me happy. :)

That's so nice of you!!

Valerie, Cindy and Joanne, I hope you're all feeling good today!

Off I go for the night. Have a great one, my friends:hug

Hi ladies

As usual ,I'm way behind. Will attempt to catch up once again.

First of all a belated Happy Birthday Linda ! Hope you got some cake .

Sounds like Kim was in one of her "spunky moods" the other day. It may be a good sign ! She must feel well enough to act funny like that .

Great news on the Dr visit too !

Sounds like the move is on,you will have time to get stuff ready before then.

Cindy

Sounds like you are on a slipper kick. Are they for anyone in particular or charity ?

How are you feeling and how did the shopping trip go ? Find some neat stuff ?

Thanks for the heads up on the book. I ended up getting it .

Tab

The babe is so very cute and the hat is really cute too .Hope you are feeling better each day .

Joanne

Glad you made it to craft club this time. It sounds like something you really have fun with .

That was sweet of your hubster to get you roses !

Marlene

Sounds as though you made a really nice Valentine dinner for the crowd ! It does sound like lots of work !

Hi Val

Your visit with family sounds wonderful. Very relaxed and nothing that HAD to get done. I like those visits, staying in your pj's and having somebody to YAK with .

Val how are you feeling now ? And hows the mystery ghan coming so far ?

Hi Miss Mary

I understand completely,needing to stop and reward yourself at the yarn store after the visit with the parents . Sounds like you deserved a treat !

Wow, a trip to the spa ! I've never been to one before .

Mind sharing the tortilla soup recipe ? Sounds like something Sam would love .

Hi Amy

Sure hope the floor job didnt do too much more damage to your back. That is hard work with a GOOD back .

Hi Jude

The new rr is very pretty,as they all are that you make.So many different color combos !

The orchid is beautiful. I hope you have a better green thumb than me . I used to have lots of plants, but they all kicked the bucket .

What book is your group discussing ?

Hi Faile

How is your spindle work coming ? Sounds like you know LOTS about orchids ! Very good to know the exact type it is.

Marisa

The sunflower afghan is SO pretty .Very nice work on it !

Congrats on your new patients !

That is so very sweet of your parents to give you flowers on Valentines. You are so very lucky to have such a wonderful relationship with them.

Wow ,the bomb scare thing sounded scarey . I didnt hear about it on the news, so it must have been a false alarm ,someone playing a sick joke.

I hope I got caught up with everyone. Please forgive me if I left anyone out .

Valerie ~ Take care and feel better soon. :hug

Hi to the rest of the House! I need to clean up my kitchen and fold some laundry...then it's crochet time.:hook

I'm improving. I feel much better. I'm glad you're going to get a chance to crochet.

Good afternoon ladies :hi

Not much going on around here. I did some laundry this morning and started a baby blanket using Cindy's Peek A Boo pattern :D I also worked a bit on my sisters fingless gloves last night and almost finished the first, but want to have her try it on before I continue because it seems to be smaller than the first pair I made her :think

Joanne - I'm under the impression that not all of the squares will be this size for the mystery ghan. I don't mind sewing together, but prefer to do it in bits as I go, which I can't do with this project.

Nothing much is going on here either. I need to do some housework but I'm not feeling it. Maybe tomorrow. What color are you using for Cindy's Peek A Boo blanket?

Valerie, Cindy and Joanne, I hope you're all feeling good today!

Off I go for the night. Have a great one, my friends:hug

Thanks Judy. I'm better than I was...improving daily. Hopefully I'll be 100% soon...sooooo much to do!

I'm calling it a night as well. Have a good night everybody!

Good for you Joanne. I'm not excited about putting the squares together. Actually, that's my least favorite part of crocheting. But I like the challenge of the mystery so I'll plug along. I do hope you stay on board.

Good morning to all,

Just checking in. I have 1 more person to drop off at work and then back to bed for a while. I'm feeling a little better.

Judy and Amy - Have a great day!

I'm staying on board. :hook I like the challenge of the mystery- I'll deal with the sewing after---plus Phyllis offered for me to bring them to craft club and she'll help me!!!:clap

Julie, I am thinking of making slippers for everyone for Christmas next year. I'm knitting them because I find knit ones to be more comfortable than crocheted ones. Not only are they not a pair, I sued two different patterns to make the slippers. The second pattern went quite a bit faster than the first one.

I did not feel well enough yesterday to enjoy shopping, so I only bought some fabric and we went out for lunch.

I spent nearly all day today huddled under an afghan by the fire. I read a little, and napped a little. I did manage to make dinner and do laundry in between naps. I now feel quite a bit better, but my nose is red and sore and I look like a clown.

Hi House! :)

Hi Tabby! I hope you're doing well and that little Elijah is letting you rest once in a while. :):c9

Julie ~ Hi! The tortilla soup is easy, but good. I always stew and bone a whole chicken, but it can be made with cooked chicken and canned stock.

• Saute one chopped onion in 1 T. oil
  • Add 2 cloves minced garlic and cook for a minute or two (don't brown)
  • add 4 cups (or more) chicken stock, 1/2 t. ground cumin, 1 minced jalapeno and chopped cilantro to taste
  • add 1 can Rotel tomatoes plus fresh or canned diced tomatoes
  • stir in 2 cups cooked diced chicken
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Put fried corn tortilla strips in bowls and pour soup over
  • garnish with diced avocados, a spoon full of sour cream and enjoy!

I hope everyone is on the mend - thankfully DH is back to normal and feeling good. :) The baby RR is finished! Will try to take pictures tomorrow. Have a good night, everyone. :manyheart

Finished 4 more squares tonight! So I"m halfway done with the first clue

Mary that recipe sounds good~~ looking forward to the pic of the RR!!!

Faille- Can't wait to see an updated pic when you get a chance of the newly spun yarn!

Cindy- Glad you had a nice relaxing day. It sounds so comfy being cuddled under an afghan by the fire!!!

Tab- thanks for taking the time to post and say hi!!! I know how valuable your awake time is!!! I hope little Eli is letting you get a little rest!!!

I'm feeling a little better- still feel like I'm fighting off a cold--and praying that I win!!!

Going to say good night- and GOOD MORNING in this post!!!! I know I'll be going in early tomorrow- so won't have time to post in the morning. Have a wonderful Friday!!!

Archived