Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Oh boy, guess what!!!! I won a hook holder in the giveaway thread :clap:yay What at uplifter after my bummy week :bounce:woo

Amy - Sounds like you had a good time with the girls, making brownies is always fun....and eating them is even 'funner' :lol Shhhhh, don't tell your sister!

Julie - I'll try to remember to post my pics here for you as well :think We had a cookie cake which is just an oversized chocolate chip cookie decorated with some icing decorations. I'm sure it was yummy, but I give up chocolate every year for lent so I didn't have any. I have had it in the past and it was always :drool

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Marisa

Very exciting to win a free hook holder. I never visit a lot of the other areas in here,so never see those things. We must have a lucky group,you are the 3rd one to win something within a week or 2 .

I'd be interested in seeing the photos of your afghan progress if you have the chance to post them .

Sorry, I am not very observant. after metioning making a web blog, I noticed one in the bottom of your signature. It looks very nice and professional. Nice work !

Sabrina

Jude

I think the pinks and browns are "in" colors now for babies. Steph's baby girl has everything in her room done in pinks and browns. At first I thought it was because she was a girl and Stpeh's favorite color is brown,but she said those are the new baby girl colrs.Everything in there is done in that, the walls,blankets, decorations .. It's actually quite pretty .

guess the days of the pastel pink or blue are in the past . Even the baby girl clothes are done in browns, greys, blacks ...darker shades of colors .

I like the new looks for babies....

then do more on my X-stitch . I'm working on one for my cousin right now that has her name on it. She is almost 17 ,so I'm making it with her name ,then framing it in neon colors that are in her room .

I'll get to see her in June ,so wanted to have it complete by then. I also want to make one for my other cousin (this girl's aunt) ,who is a littel younger than me. Not real sure on her colors yet,but I'm thinking pinks and greens ,kinda like rose-type colors.

You all have a good day .

Those x st pieces are going to be gorgeous! I stitched one letter on my piece before looking for my hook again! Need to get that brown, though, but I can still start with the rose and cream...need to decide where I'm placing the 3 colors in the RR.

Good morning everyone. Sun is shining here at the moment, showing up the dust inside. (Guess what I am going to do today..that's right, clean!)I opened my bedroom blinds this AM...and we did the same thing: moved furniture, too, which I can't do anymore w/out DH.

We're having friends over for dinner. I'm going to do the "cook your own food" meal that I've talked about before. (This is a picture of my cooking set to give you an diea of what I am talking about. Click on the picture for a larger version.) These friends haven't ever been here for that, so I'm not sure how they will feel about it. This is a common form of entertaining in the Netherlands. (I am of Dutch descent, but I did not learn this from my mom, but rather from my sil who found out about it during a vacation in Europe.)

That's going to be fun!

My brother says my Dad is much better. (Amazing what dehydration will do!) In fact so much better that he has decided he does not need the helper that we had hired for him to come in for a few hours during the day. Mom is no better and remains in the hospital. No worse either, which I guess is something.

Hugs...it's hard sitting by and seeing your parents get older....:hug:manyheart

Judy and Joanne, you recall my disappointment with Bernat's last CAL? That's the reason that I haven't even looked at this years. Sounds like you two are feeling unsure of this one.Yup - and last time around I was so glad I didn't do the CAL when I saw the finished design. I wouldn't have been happy with it/

Judy, there is a free Sherlock Holmes knockoff story listed free on Amazon today. It has fairly good reviews, and since it is free, you may consider it worth a try.

Sherlock Holmes Investigates: The Pink Jewel Conundrum

Thanks! I downloaded it.:D

I might not have thought of pink and brown together so quickly, but dd made a granny square afghan with that color combination and I really liked it.

;)

Have a good day!

Well, I have officially "abandoned" the shawl and placed it in Judy's hands. She should have it in a few days. It will be fun to see what she makes of it.

I'm excited!:):hook

Judy - I love the pinks and browns together as well :yes And now you'll have Faile's shawl soon too to work on

YUP!:clap

Faile - I can't wait to see what Judy decides the fate of your shawl to be :devil

I can't wait to see what I decide, too!:lol:lol

Good Saturday morning everyone!!My Friday was busy. It was a girls night for me and my daughters. The guys were gone to the country. So the girls and I made brownies.. played scrabble and watched a movie called Abduction. I crocheted while the moevie was on. I am working on my sisters blanket and its coming along nicely. I think she will love it!! keeping it quiet for her is the hard part!! I want to tell her but I am not going to.. HAHA I will likely work on it today too. Its cold outside so we will be staying inside.

Have a GREAT day!!

What a sweet time together!

Hi Marisa

Very exciting to win a free hook holder. I never visit a lot of the other areas in here,so never see those things. We must have a lucky group,you are the 3rd one to win something within a week or 2 .

I'd be interested in seeing the photos of your afghan progress if you have the chance to post them .

Sorry, I am not very observant. after metioning making a web blog, I noticed one in the bottom of your signature. It looks very nice and professional. Nice work !

Thanks Julie, I added it not too long ago :wink

Good evening all.

Julie~I'm sorry that Cam isn't into doing much of those Grandma things anymore, but know that as an adult he'll treasure those memories & hopefully even carry on those games with his own children. I know all too well about how video games swallow our kids whole......all of mine have their own systems, which is ridiculous but in a house this chaotic it helps keep things a little less active such as fighting. ;)

Well, i'm off to relax before my older 4 get home from church. Have a great night everyone. :ghug

Tab

Yea, I knew Cam would love video games someday. I tried putting it off as long as possible. I wanted him to have good memories of actually playing, using his imagination, going to the park and inventing our own entertainment. I had good memories of doing that as a kid . We never got bored, we always had something fun to do or we made up a game .

But Cam is like all the other kids, he loves his video games . I'm glad he still wants to come up and hang out with us .We give him his own space. He has his own room but usually likes to sit in here with us and play his games.

Right now I'm making him watch some old episodes of Batman ,next is Lost in space. He seems to like them even though they are pretty outdated compared to today's tv shows .

I understand wanting the kid to have their own games ,etc to play to prevent fighting. Our kids each had their own computers when they were home,so they kept busy on them .

Good morning!!

Had a nice day yesterday- and got lots accomplished. My middle DD called and she came and she came with me to babysit the little guy!!! Had a lot of fun with him-and my DD got a lot of school work done. She ended up staying over last night and will leave around noon to head home. Before we left to babysit, I started the first clue#2 of the Mystery CAL and because I wasn't totally paying attention, I had 6 flower loops instead of 8:eek

Congrats Marisa on winning the hook holder-:clap I took a look at the giveaway thread and it's a beauty- love the colors of it!

DH and DD have risen! So off I go and will be back later!

Good Morning, House. :) I completely missed checking in yesterday and just read through lots of posts...love all the activity!

Trish ~ Congratulations on your new grandbaby. :c9 I hope you're doing well!

Tabby ~ Yay for getting your new Kindle Fire. :clap

Linda ~ I hope you're feeling much better by now. :hug We're worried about you!

Joanne ~ I'm glad you got to see your DD and Ryan!

Time for some hot tea for me and breakfast for Gracie and Zoe...I hope to work in the yard today. :D

Hi, peeps!

Joanne, sounds like you visited the frog pond! Ryan is a cutie.....

Not much on schedule today - just a visit to Michaels for a Caron Pounder brown yarn and maybe a Pound of Love in pink:D Can't leave with just one skein of yarn...:lol

Cold out there....:)

Stay cozy, everyone!

Good Morning, House. :) I completely missed checking in yesterday and just read through lots of posts...love all the activity!

Time for some hot tea for me and breakfast for Gracie and Zoe...I hope to work in the yard today. :D

We're happy you and Linda kept the House going!!

Enjoy the gardening...:)

Morning folks

Sounds like we have a few of us stirring this morning. Bright sunshine here today .Weird weather the past couple of days --2 days ago we have a windstorm,fllowed by some snow.

Supposed to get close to 50 tomorrow or Tuesday .

Maybe spring is on the way early this year. That would be great .

Cam went home late last night. He decided he didnt want to go to the car show,so he stayed with us til they got home from it .

Today is cleaning day .Will try to get more done on my X stitch today and gotta get back to reading again . I've kinda been sliding with it lately .

Hope you all have a good day .

Cam went home late last night. He decided he didnt want to go to the car show,so he stayed with us til they got home from it .

That's nice he spent so much time with you!

Sounds like many of us have "cozy" plans for the day.

I picked up my yarn and have started playing with the baby RR. I've figured out how I'm going to use the cream and brown with the rose - and I like that they're all the same brand of yarn...I'm using a J hook with the Pounder. I want the blankie to have a nice drape.

Later, gators

Joanne

Sounds like you had a great day yesterday ! Hope today goes just as well for you .

Good luck with the mystery pattern. I've gone over a couple times to look at some of the photos. I'm interested in seeing what the end product will be . It's looking pretty so far .

Mary

That'd be so great to live where you can do yardwork this early in the year. We probably could be out cleaning up the sticks,etc today. It's very pretty outside. We have been so lucky this winter to have such good weather .

Jude

We'll all be watching to see what you conjur up with those yarn colors. I bet it will be very pretty .

Hi there Amy

Sounds like you are having a good weekend !

Cindy

You sound like me. I SHOULD go out and take a short walk for a little exercise, but will probably end up staying in all day . A little too nippy yet for me to be out that much. It looks pretty out but not super warm.

Will check in later -

Hi everyone.:) It sounds like most of us are having a nice, quiet Sunday.

Judy ~ Wonderful colors for your baby round ripple! Can't wait to see how you arrange the colors. :yarn

Julie ~ I hope Luke will spend time with us like Cam does with you! Did you say you were cleaning? ;) I used to actually like cleaning...not so much anymore. :lol

It seems like most of the country has had almost no winter! We usually have our coldest weather in Jan. and Feb. and it's only been below freezing a few times. Today was our "pre-spring" clean up, but I can't wait to be able to plant things - way too early yet.

Hi to Amy, Cindy, Joanne and the rest of the House, too. :manyheart

Hi Mary

Yea, I did a little cleaning today -nothing big like spring cleaning or such,just the normal sweeping, mopping ,laundry type stuff .

I'm sure Luke will love visiting you guys no matter what age he is. I knew Cam would someday grow up and have other interests, hobbies,friends,etc ,so it's still a treat when he wants to come up.

I cannot believe he will turn 10 in a few months. WOW ... time goes so fast .

I never made it our of my pj's today,got a bath and put them back on. What a lazy day !

Cozy, lazy Sunday's are the best!!!

DD stayed till about noon- she worked on her thesis and I finished up the infinity scarf for her friend! I then worked on the square and decided I really didn't like this one and between all the stress at work, I don't want stress in the limited amount of time I have to crochet! So I'm bowing out of the CAL

Cindy- I do remember the last one- and I muddled through it and actually, I liked the afghan (except for those mitred squares) and now that you mention it, (or maybe it was Marisa who mentioned it- there were issues with the patterns and gauge last time). Hope you enjoyed your crafting/reading by the fire!

Linda- Thinking about you- you must be feeling pretty lousy since you haven't posted- hugs and positive thoughts for a quick recovery!

Judy- I hit up the ACMoore "midnight madness sale" this evening @6 and picked up some Caron Pounders for 5.99 plus 20% off. I think I'm going to make a flannel'gan for my nephew to take off to college. I just picked up lace and taupe and will make a nice neutral ghan for him- he's not decided yet where he's going so it won't be in 'college colors' but I think taupe and beige are fine for a guy. I also picked up a few more skeins of Bernat Waverly yarn that were on sale plus 20% off since I do like the yarn. So much for no more yarn buying:lol

I perused some patterns to use for the Bernat yarn that I have and this name just caught my eye- so I think I'll be starting this afghan http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/stashaholics-brain-dead-afghan

There was just something about the name of the pattern that struck my fancy:lol:lol

Joanne, that's a nice pattern!

Good move using the coupon at AC Moore. It's so far from me and I have no other reason to go there...

I DO have to remember that on Tuesdays at Michaels I can get additional discounts with my AARP card!

BTW: I'm zipping along on the RR and the brown is beautiful alongside the rose.

Night all:hug:manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Julie, It's fun to have pajama day. Can't wait to see your cross stitch piece. Your cousin will love it. I always loved spending time with my Grandparents. It was always fun. So glad I have those memories.

Mary, I don't think you have anything to worry about with Luke visiting you when he's older. It rained here yesterday morning, but we did get some sunshine with the cool temps. Hate to think of are yard work when we go home. Willow trees are messy.

Cindy, My son said we got 6" at my house. He uses are neighbors snow blower and cleans ares and there driveways and he said he had all he could do to handle it. He said the ice is melting around the edges on the lake. Friday there were people fishing on it.

Linda, Hope your feeling better today.

Marisa, Congrats on winning a hook holder.

Tab, I think anymore that's a way to keep peace in the house by each of the kids having here own game piece.

Judy, Your rr is going to be gorgeous.

Joanne, Glad DD came to visit and both of you had some Ryan time. I'm about due to skype with Maya again. We talk on the phone but I miss seeing her.

Faile, How nice of you to send off the shawl to Judy. Can't wait to see what she does with it.

Amy, Enjoy those times with the girls. Your making memories. Maya likes to play board games to.

Sabrina, No fun cleaning up after trees. Glad you didn't lose any power.

I'll be back in a bit.

Hello everyone. Nope. I'm not dead, but still feeling pretty cruddy. My chest hurts and I've been super dizzy, probably because my bp's beem really low. I didn't take any of it yesterday and only one of the pills today. I cannot get/stay warm. I had the flu shot this fall. I'm guessing that I've just been pushing too hard and finally ran out of push all at once. Nothing on tomorrow's calendar which helps.

I think they're perfect too - I knew the right pattern would let itself be known! In this case, 2 patterns!:lol

Do you have the flu?? Rest up...and don't forget your clear fluids:hug:hug:manyheart:manyheart

I'm definitely pushing fluids.

Hi everyone! Sorry that I have so bad about checking in:( It's been a really busy couple of weeks and I am trying to catch up on everything. I have a new grandbaby! Calvin Michael was born the 13th! He is too cute and looks just like his big sister! My ds(his daddy) left Monday for basic training so he only got to spend a week with his new baby. :( They are all having a difficult time adjusting to his being gone.

I am so far behind on reading the posts that I can't personally comment of everything, but just know that I am thinking of you all and sending out positive thoughts to everyone!:hug:manyheart

Congratulations on the arrival of Calvin Michael. Poor mommy and daddy have to be apart right now.

Thank you Julie. It is hubby's b'day. It's always grilling weather for him. The wind was gusting to 40 mph but he stood out there to get his man-food cooked.

We have a tree down from the wild winds. It is right across our driveway so that's what we'll be doing today. Luckily it missed the power lines and the house.

Well,sounds like I hear stirring in the bedroom...time for the day to start.

:birthday Happy Birthday to Hubby. :birthday Glad the tree didn't land on anything important, like a vehicle, the house, or such like.

Hi, peeps!

Joanne, sounds like you visited the frog pond! Ryan is a cutie.....

Not much on schedule today - just a visit to Michaels for a Caron Pounder brown yarn and maybe a Pound of Love in pink:D Can't leave with just one skein of yarn...:lol

Cold out there....:)

Stay cozy, everyone!

Sounds like super nice colors, Joanne.

Hi Mary

Yea, I did a little cleaning today -nothing big like spring cleaning or such,just the normal sweeping, mopping ,laundry type stuff .

I'm sure Luke will love visiting you guys no matter what age he is. I knew Cam would someday grow up and have other interests, hobbies,friends,etc ,so it's still a treat when he wants to come up.

I cannot believe he will turn 10 in a few months. WOW ... time goes so fast .

I never made it our of my pj's today,got a bath and put them back on. What a lazy day !

Sounds like a wonderful day.

Cozy, lazy Sunday's are the best!!!

DD stayed till about noon- she worked on her thesis and I finished up the infinity scarf for her friend! I then worked on the square and decided I really didn't like this one and between all the stress at work, I don't want stress in the limited amount of time I have to crochet! So I'm bowing out of the CAL

Cindy- I do remember the last one- and I muddled through it and actually, I liked the afghan (except for those mitred squares) and now that you mention it, (or maybe it was Marisa who mentioned it- there were issues with the patterns and gauge last time). Hope you enjoyed your crafting/reading by the fire!

Linda- Thinking about you- you must be feeling pretty lousy since you haven't posted- hugs and positive thoughts for a quick recovery!

Judy- I hit up the ACMoore "midnight madness sale" this evening @6 and picked up some Caron Pounders for 5.99 plus 20% off. I think I'm going to make a flannel'gan for my nephew to take off to college. I just picked up lace and taupe and will make a nice neutral ghan for him- he's not decided yet where he's going so it won't be in 'college colors' but I think taupe and beige are fine for a guy. I also picked up a few more skeins of Bernat Waverly yarn that were on sale plus 20% off since I do like the yarn. So much for no more yarn buying:lol

I perused some patterns to use for the Bernat yarn that I have and this name just caught my eye- so I think I'll be starting this afghan http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/stashaholics-brain-dead-afghan

There was just something about the name of the pattern that struck my fancy:lol:lol

I like the look of that pattern. Maybe another time.

Started this yesterday and am finally finishing it today. Hope you've all had a good day. I'm going back downstairs to rest. :hug

Linda, sorry you are still sick. Hope you feel better soon.

Joanne, I had bookmarked that afghan a while back, but haven't tried it yet.

Marlene, it was cold here today, but sunny enough to melt some of the snow.

Everyone has been more ambitious than me today. i read a book and that is the only thing I did. Back to work tomorrow....

Good morning!

Linda- Here's hoping today finds you feeling a little better and if not, maybe a call to the Dr?

Cindy- Hope you have a good day at work! And there's nothing wrong with spending the day reading a book!!!

I started the "brain-dead" afghan last night- and will bring it with me to craft club tonight.

Hope you all have a good Monday!

Morning folks

Joanne

I dont blame you for changing your mind about the mystery ghan. Some just arent right for people,and if you werent enjoying it,then no use forcing yourself to do it .

All those afghans that are made with different squares and patterns do tend to be quite challenging to get the right sizes for everything to match up.

The new pattern looks like my kind of pattern --very easy and no stress.

Marlene

I love willow trees . We have never had one anyplace we lived, but I'd love to . I hear they are messy though .

Jude

I bet the afghan is zipping right along and looking great .

Linda

So sorry you still feel so crappy. Maybe you should make a run to the doc so they can give you something to pep you up a bit. Sounds like your whole body is running on empty .

Cindy

Wish I was as speedy at reading as you . I used to read much faster. I'm not quite sure what I do anymore to waste so much time .

By the way, one of Sam's friends bought himself a Nook ( not the color one,but the small black one with the touch screen ),then saw a Kindle and liked it better,so he is selling his Nook ,so I told him I'd buy it from him .

Not sure what day I'll get it,but might drop in to ask the Nook people some questions since I've never had one before. I dont know if it will work exactly like the Kindles or have some different things. I didnt need it ,but thought I'd get it just to have a different one to fiddle with .

You all have a good day .

'morning, peeps!

Linda - maybe a doctor's visit is in store for you. You did have so much stress and anxiety it's not surprising your body crashed!

Joanne, enjoy craft club - and the new ghan seems the perfect no-brainer to work on while you chat.

The usual dusting, mopping floors, etc on schedule for today.

I thought of you this morning, Cindy: the sun is shining so all the dust is showing!:lol

Jules, I have the original Nook, and the Nook Tablet - not the touch screen version. The nice thing with B&N's Nook is the size of the book samples they send you so you know if you like it before buying. I did have to set up a credit card with them for purchases.

Their customer service is excellent, BTW!

Have great day, my friends.:hug:manyheart

Archived