Our House Part Two

JulieKay

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi, peeps!

Julie, they don't list their free books like Amazon does. You can search for them though,

Here is the result of a search that I did putting in the word " free" and searching Nookbooks. Of course I also got books with free in the title or in the authors name. You can also search using 0.00 and Nookbooks.

Here is a blog that lists newly offered free books.

Barnes and Noble also have a forum area, and there is a long running free book thread there as well. It shows up under book discussion.

We also have one of the gray Kindles with keyboard.

thanks for all the links!

Hello everyone. Ended up working 12 hours today. The first 8 went well, but the last four were very busy, mostly because my patients dialysis system needed replacing and I encountered some technical difficulties setting another one up. I did finally manage to get a new one working, but it took 3 hours. Nothing really stressful, just extremely annoying. Luckily I am now off for two days.

sounds like you need the time off!

Judy, sounds like the play tired Lucy out!

she was so funny - a real baby!

Good morning to everyone!! It is going to be a stormy day here so I will be staying inside.

For those who have asked.. i am still working on my sisters afghan and I am having fun with it!! It is going to be very big. Way taller than she is. OOPPSSS. HAHA. She will love it though. It may take me a little longer than I thought.

I hope everyone has a great day. Be safe out there if its stormy where you are today.

I agree with Julie about the size:)

Good morning ladies :hi

Well, the new mystery clue is about to be revealed in a couple minutes. I still have one crochet square to do, but am thinking I will wait until my sister gets to that point and do it with her so she has a visual for her first one :think We'll see though. Dinner with my friend last night was fun and we sat there for about 3 hours just chatting :eek

She just text me now and said her and another friend are going out of Friday where we usually go, if I want to join...so of course I will :yes:lol

Today is my dad's birthday!!! He'll be 15 today! :rofl Since he only gets one every 4 years :eek

Judy - Thanks for letting me know that Gretta is good at keeping secrets, I was a little worried about that since I just met her yesterday :wink

Joanne - Hopefully today is not as long as yesterday, but you'll have your brain dead ghan waiting patiently for you when you get home :yes

Cindy - Enjoy your 2 days off, you need them to recharge I think...esp after yesterday :hug Thanks for all the info on the nook links, I don't think I've really looked before. Thanks on the square and Gretta, I meet the accountant at 1 so we'll see what my gut tells me about him :think

Julie - It's pouring here too :yes Already 42 degrees and supposed to almost hit 60 today. Meanwhile they were calling for ice for the morning commute :eek I don't know if it ever got icy or not overnight, but it was fine at about 9:30.

Amy - WTG making progress on your sisters ghan and I agree with Julie and Judy on the size :yes

OK, now I'm done with my post, I have to go see if bernat put the clue up since it's now that time :bounce

Hi Ladies. :) Well, I'm behind on posts again! :lol I hope to be home all day and clean the upstairs and crochet.

Tabby ~ Congrats on the 7# loss. :clap Little Eli sounds healthy :c9. Is he sleeping a little more now? Don't you love Jimbo's hook? I have an H and a J...so light and smooth to work with. :hook

Marisa ~ Gretta is just adorable! Love the name, too. Your knit squares are gorgeous in that yarn. :cheer

Tam ~ Yay for Michael's very first PIN! I'm so glad he's doing well. It's wonderful to see your posts. :manyheart

Sabrina ~ So sorry about your toe. :hug I hope you're getting in more crochet time, though. ;)

Marlene ~ Maya sounds like she loves reading and that is so great! Can't wait to see your Spiral afghan. :yes

Cindy ~ Wow, you've sure had long work days. Enjoy your days off and get some rest. :)

Julie, Amy, Judy, Linda...and anyone else I may have missed - HI!

I've got to get busy now, but will check in during the day. :manyheart

Hi Ladies. :) Well, I'm behind on posts again! :lol I hope to be home all day and clean the upstairs and crochet.

Marisa ~ Gretta is just adorable! Love the name, too. Your knit squares are gorgeous in that yarn. :cheer

I've got to get busy now, but will check in during the day. :manyheart

Thanks Mary :hug And don't worry about being behind on the posts....just move forward :D

Hi ladies

Quick drop back in . Cam called last night to ask if he could come today after school,spend the night,and have me drop him at school in the morning. They are going to an indoor water park on the weekend, leaving on Friday and coming home Sunday,so we will miss our weekend visit with him,so he wanted to come spend some time tonite at least . It might be a challenge getting him to go to bed early for school. I dont really have many rules when he is here ,but will have to make that one stick . I think Steph has him go to bed by 9 .

So, will check in later-- probably not til morning. You all have a good afternoon and evening.

Julie ~ Have fun with Cam this evening! That is so wonderful that he wants to see you now since they'll be gone this weekend. :manyheart

It's been a productive day...upstairs. All that's left is to vacuum and that may be tomorrow. :lol I spent a good part of the day sorting out my sewing room. I've just been piling stuff up there and it was actually fun to rearrange things. Our local senior center always needs yarn and I gathered up lots of partial skeins and some full skeins that I can't imagine using again. Some of the RHSS really bothers my hands. ILTY comes in most colors now and it's sooo much softer. :crocheting

Luke will be here Saturday and Sunday, so I plan to get the downstairs finished up tomorrow.

I hope everyone is having a good day. :manyheart

Hey, grandmas Jules and Mary - enjoy your grandsons!:c9

The plumber is coming at 8 AM to replace our shower in the master bath and I'm hoping Lucy doesn't get too yappy while he's here! It's going to take all day:P

CU all tomorrow sometime.:hug:manyheart

Hi Ladies,

Julie, Cam sure does love his time with you and Sam. :manyheart

Cindy, Enjoy your time off. Tweleve hours is a long day. My sister only had sprinkles twice between Texas and Michigan.

I had crafts today and discovered I miss a chain space and had to frog 4 rows. Don't know how I managed that so now I will check each row.

Tomorrow were having a ladies party with the avon rep that lives here in the park. Were suppose to be able to have a facial, manicure or pedicure. I'm going for the facial. Should be a fun time.

Please put my son in your prayers or thoughts. There divorce could be final tomorrow if they settle things if not it goes to a jury trial. I know he don't want that and I can only hope she don't either. But she hasn't played fair the whole time.

Have a nice night everyone.

Morning folks

Quick check in to say howdy .

Cam had a nice evening last night ,went to bed SORTA on time --9:30 ,so it was close . Anyhow, a good visit . Will wake him at 7 to get ready for school .

Sam's friend brought the Nook last night,so I got it registered and put on a free book .I think today I'll go get a small gift card to add a couple books.

It's neat to compare it with the Kindle

Size is really neat, very small and cute .

Easy to navigate once you figure out what to press when ,like to get to home,library, etc.

Comfort-wise , to hold it ,it's a good fit ,lightweight , etc .

Reading quality of print, etc is good .

The only place I have found so far where Kindle is definitely better is online shopping. BN's website is so sluggish. I'm not sure why .

Also, the free book selction may be the same,??? ,but it's much harder to find a list of freebies.

For Kindle, you go to home page, on right is a list of 100 bestsellers ,100 bestsellers freebies, click and you see them .

Also if you go to KindleNation.com,they are all there ---they have new lists daily ,so that part is better .

I think they all have their good points and all are neat. Just depends on what you are looking for I think .

Will check in later -- have some errands to attend to today so may not be on til later today .

Good morning- Welcome to March! Which means spring is around the corner:yay

Julie- That was so sweet that Cam wanted to come yesterday after school and spend the night since he'll be away this weekend:manyheart Have fun with the Nook- it's cool to compare, and I do like the Nook Simple touch- perfect for reading for me!

I hope that no one was hurt or had family/friends hurt in the devastating tornadoes that whipped through parts of the country yesterday!

Judy- Here's hoping Lucy "behaves" herself with the plumber there.

Marisa- Happy Belated "15th" Birthday to your Dad!! What did your gut tell you about the new accountant you met?

Marlene- Sorry to read you had to visit the frog pond! Have fun getting the facial today and I'll keep your son in my thoughts for a settlement today!

Cindy- Hope you enjoyed a nice relaxing day off. My DD's friend posted a pic of her baby on FB with the 'peek-a-boo' blanket and the caption to me said 'thank you for my blanket" It made my day!

Linda and Val- Hope you two are feeling better and on the mend!

Tam- Read the good news on Caring Bridge that they found a couple of matches for Ken---keeping the prayers and positive thoughts coming!:hug

Mary- Sounds like you have a touch of 'spring cleaning' with all you were doing in your sewing room. I'll bet it felt great to get alot of things cleared out and that's wonderful that you are donating some of your yarn.

Just peeked at the clock and I better get a move on. Have a good day!

'morning, peeps!

I's nice when plumbers show up on time:) He's very busy, going up and down the stairs, drilling to remove things, etc...

I had crafts today and discovered I miss a chain space and had to frog 4 rows. Don't know how I managed that so now I will check each row.sometimes I can mess up the easiest patterns!! i I hope the rest of it goes ok!

Tomorrow were having a ladies party with the avon rep that lives here in the park. Were suppose to be able to have a facial, manicure or pedicure. That sounds:c9

Please put my son in your prayers or thoughts. There divorce could be final tomorrow if they settle things if not it goes to a jury trial. I know he don't want that and I can only hope she don't either. But she hasn't played fair the whole time.

Have a nice night everyone.

Prayers for him and that his soon to be ex will see the light and stop what she's been doing.....

Sam's friend brought the Nook last night,so I got it registered and put on a free book .I think today I'll go get a small gift card to add a couple books.

Good!

It's neat to compare it with the Kindle

Size is really neat, very small and cute .

Easy to navigate once you figure out what to press when ,like to get to home,library, etc.

Comfort-wise , to hold it ,it's a good fit ,lightweight , etc .

Reading quality of print, etc is good .

The only place I have found so far where Kindle is definitely better is online shopping. BN's website is so sluggish. I'm not sure why . I haven't had a problem with the site being sluggish.....well, maybe compared to the Kindle it could be a little slower.

Also, the free book selction may be the same,??? ,but it's much harder to find a list of freebies.I agree with you there....

Also if you go to KindleNation.com,they are all there ---they have new lists daily ,so that part is better .

I think they all have their good points and all are neat. Just depends on what you are looking for I think .

I agree....both are good!:)

Judy- Here's hoping Lucy "behaves" herself with the plumber there.

My ears were ring from her barks....finally she slowed down and I let her out of her crate - both dogs are confined to the back of the house - and she can see the guy coming and going. She's been better. There was no way she could have kept up that rate of excitement for long!

Tam- Read the good news on Caring Bridge that they found a couple of matches for Ken---keeping the prayers and positive thoughts coming!:hug

I saw that, too!:)

I hope work isn't too stressful for you today.

BBL, my friends. Have a good one!

Good morning ladies :hi

I worked 2 octagons last night for the new clue for the mystery cal, as well as the last of the 2nd clue....I decided just to get it done and I'll have to walk my sister through it :lol

Julie - I'm glad Cam had a nice evening with you and even got to bed just about on time :yes You got your nook just in time to get the free friday book tomorrow :clap Have fun getting your errands taken care of.

Mary - :yay for getting your cleaning done, now I just know you're already waiting for Luke to get there for the weekend :wink

Judy - Great news for the plumber being on time :clap Did you take a before picture so you can share before and afters with us :devil

Marlene - Sorry about your frog pond visit at crafts last night :hug I hate when that happens. The avon party sounds like fun and I'll definitely be praying for your son today :yes She must be playing dirty if there's a chance for a jury trial for a divorce :think

Joanne - I like the new accountant I met up with yesteray. He gave me some good information and explained some things with me. He also gave me a list of things I need to gather and get back to him with and navigating some things in Quick Books too :yes I think he will be a good fit for me :think

Val - I hope your ear infection is getting better :hug Is this associated with the sickness you just had? I feel like you've been sick not for a few weeks :(:hug

Good After noon all!

Still have an ouchie toe but it's calming down. I have Colcrys to take for the gout but it tears up my stomach so I only take it when I really have to.

Woke up at 5:15 this morning, for absolutely no reason whatsoever, and couldn't get back to sleep. Now I'm ready to zonk out. I feel the couch pulling me into it's clutches. :)

Seen all the talk about the E-readers. I have a Nook and love getting the free books. I've gotten a couple duds but most are good. I just finished the Hunger Games series. (not free) Love them!

Judy - I have a Lucy too! She's a mini dachshund and VERY yappie! She had 3 vertebra collapse a few years ago and after she relearned how to walk she ended up in diapers because of incontinence. Never wouold I have thought I would be changing diapers at 51 yrs old!

Marisa - Love the octo! Really pretty. And congrats on the hook holder!!

Marlene - I'm so sorry to hear about your son's difficulties. What a shame that things couldn't be more amicable.

Better get moving and do some laundry before we reach critical meltdown.

Hope everyone has a good day.

You midwesterners stay safe!!!

Hi Ladies. Just taking a popcorn break...I am sick of cleaning, but I will persevere.:lol

Valerie ~ Oh, I'm so sorry you have an ear infection. :hug 'Hope it's much better soon. Have you been able to crochet?

Marisa ~ You're doing great with the Bernat Cal! :clap I love the square and your hook holder is wonderful. :)

Marlene ~ Sending positive thoughts and prayers for your son and grandkids. The kids are always the ones to suffer...it doesn't sound like their mom gets it. :(

Judy ~ Yay for a new shower! I hope Miss Lucy has settled down by now. ;)

Julie ~ Enjoy your nook! I've found some books for free and several for 99 cents. I'm glad you had a good evening with Cam. :)

Well, the vacuum is staring at me and I'd better finish up before I'm too tired. :D

OK, after getting everything the accountant wanted done and sent off, I'm feeling completely exhausted and ready to crash. So do I try to sneak in a workout before I leave or just call it a day :think Well, I'm thinking I'll wake up a bit when I get away from the computer, but I'm also hungry. Maybe I'll have a snack and head home then workout there :think

Thanks Sabrina, hope your toe is feeling even better :hug

Mary - I hope you got your vacuuming done :hug

Morning all,

I'm feeling better...another ear infection. Read a few of yesterday's post. I'll have to catch up later.

Mary, ILTY is my favorite and the main yarn I buy and use.

Have a good day all.

Feel better, hon:hug

Judy - Great news for the plumber being on time :clap Did you take a before picture so you can share before and afters with us :devil

We thought of it AFTER the old unit was pulled out...LOL!

It's not going to be finished today - the plumber saw that the surround was damaged so he sent the entire thing back. He'll personally pick it up tonight and inspect the replacement ( an upgrade for the same price since the other couldn't get here for 2 weeks!) I like a picky plumber:)

I'm back to share some pics....

This is this weeks mystery cal clue.... I need 6 and I have 2 done so far :clap

That looks gorgeous!:cheer

And this is the hook holder I won over the weekend, it arrived today so I've already re-organized :lol
Very, very pretty color combination!

Seen all the talk about the E-readers. I have a Nook and love getting the free books. I've gotten a couple duds but most are good. I just finished the Hunger Games series. (not free) Love them!

I'm waiting for my 13 yo neighbor to finsh book 2 of HG so I can read it!:lol

Judy - I have a Lucy too! She's a mini dachshund and VERY yappie! She had 3 vertebra collapse a few years ago and after she relearned how to walk she ended up in diapers because of incontinence. Never wouold I have thought I would be changing diapers at 51 yrs old!

I imagine it's easier with a small dog. We had a GSD who had her spincter muscle removed because of a major problem there....and for 7 years she had no control over her BMs. Fortunately she was switched to Eukanuba at the vet's suggestion, so there were easy to pick up - that and we invested heavily in Lysol spray to use on the floors. Poor doggie...

HI all,

Sounds like the plumber is doing a great job, Judy- and Yay for an upgrade for no extra charge

Marisa- Glad to hear that the accountant seems like a good fit for you! I'm going to guess that you decided to grab something to eat, go home and then work out....Your square came out great- its a really nice color. I'll be back to the brain dead afghan as soon as I make the rounds on the ville!

Mary- Enjoy your weekend with Luke!!! I know you will!!!!

Marlene- Here's hoping that things went ok for your son today!

Sabrina- Hope your toe calms down soon!!! Funny that you have a Lucy too- yours is tiny and Judy's is big!

Hope Linda is ok- haven't seen a post in a couple of days!

Off I go to eat dinner and then crochet for a bit.

Hello everyone. I ended up working today instead of tomorrow. It is still really busy at work, but my day was not quite as crazy as the past few work days have been. And as a bonus I get a three day weekend! That rarely happens to me, since I don't often work my scheduled weekends. Usually my supervisor puts me on the Friday and Monday instead. I don't mind either way.

Judy, glad to hear that you had Lucy "under control" while the plumber was there! But I'm sorry that problems arose and you will have to wait a bit for your shower. Still it will be nice to get the upgrade. (hopefully you have another one to use in the meantime)

Mary, WTG on all that cleaning. Now you are all ready to enjoy "Luke time"!

Marlene, sending good thoughts for your son. Glad your sister missed the "weather". It really wasn't that bad, there were some power outages south of GR, and a fair bit of ice on the trees, but the roads weren't too bad at all, and everything melted by noon.

Julie, glad you had a good evening with Cam. B and N website works very well for me, however, they definitely do not have the number of freebies that Amazon does. And as Mary said, there are some good 99 cent books available.

Joanne, thanks for sharing the good news that they may have found a bone marrow match for Tam's dh.

Val, glad you are starting to feel a bit better. An ear infection can make you absolutely miserable.

Marisa, sounds like you got good vibes from the accountant? That hexagon "square" looks good. What other colors are you using? How is your sister doing with it? Is she doing the crocheted one?

And congrats again on the hook holder win. Its a really pretty one.

Sabrina, I had to laugh at your changing diapers comment. I was surprised to read you are 51 too, I picture you as a much younger woman. (I suppose the gout should have clued me it, it's rare to find gout in a young woman.) Glad your toe is on the mend.

There...all caught up on today's posts. I haven't done any crocheting, knitting, sewing, cross stitching or any crafting for a week and a half, mostly because I told myself that I absolutely must finish one of my UFOs before I start a new project. Well, all my old projects have reached the boring stage, aand I really want to start something new. (I'm not sure what, I just like starting projects!)

I'm wondering about Linda too, its not like her to not post. Hope she is okay.

Archived