A Mary Werst Doily done

Linda

This one took some time to complete due to the detail in the stitches. I do believe all the effort was well worth it with seening the finished doily. It's made with #10 Royale thread in Mint Green. It's from the book Extra-Special Doilies published by Leisure Arts and is called "Exclusive". The designer is Mary Werst.

post-1127-135897611235_thumb.jpg

post-1127-135897611239_thumb.jpg

That is beyond stunning!

this is the newest doily book on my MUST HAVE list and it's been bumped to the top.

Please tell me how many rounds that doily is!!!!!

It's only 31 rows and measures 12 inches HOWEVER,

the special stitches are:

double trebles

back post single crochets

front post single crochets

front post trebles

split dc

split clusters

decreases

All these take extra time for me to get them right.

31 rows is PERFECT for a babyghan in 4ply ww. That'll make it just about 3 ft.

You should be very proud of your self - those are a lot of complex stitches and you did an AMAZING! job.

I looked and looked and the book runs about $8-10 and it's the ONLY pattern in it I want. I might just have to break down and get it anyway.

awesome and such a beautiful color. How do you block something so layered like that. I've been here a while thinking about that.

Terri...I just blocked as usual, being careful not to pin down any of the layers. On the outside I decided it looked better (to me at least) with some hint of points rather than just round. Of course, that's a personal preference.

Archived