Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Good morning, everyone! I've seen all these beautiful squares everyone is getting, and I do believe we should all end up with some beautiful Friendship-ghans! :manyheart We have some very talented ladies! :crocheting I'm working on an afghan at the moment, but I'm planning to take some time this weekend to try & get some squares made!

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone, I went to HL yesterday to buy a light up hook. My DD has been wanting me to go to one of the Branson music shows with her. I'm not really into that kind of thing any more besides it being our friends that I've seen several times already. I told her I would go if I could crochet. hee hee :lol So, I got the light up hook to make some squares. But geeze is that thing BRIGHT!!! It lit up my entire cabin last night. :lol So, I will have to find a way to 'tame' it down a little or they will think the spotlight is coming from my seat. :P

Have some squares ready to go out Monday and hope to have some more by then. Happy hooking this weekend. :hook

Wow Stephanie! That sure sounds bright! I own most of those hooks but I don't use the light, I use the thickness of the handles! Only way I can use those smaller hooks!

And I DID go by the post office and all 7 are on their way to some of you! I'll be making more too!

kuddles

Thank you, Michelle, for these lovely squares! It is always so nice to get a puffy in the mail when life is so crazy that I feel like tearing my hair out. The squares helped me take a deep breath and refocus.

P.S. Please pray for my family to stay healthy. My mother and I are really sick and I don't want my husband or my daughters (3.5 and 9 mos) to get sick too.

:hugYou are very welcome!! Glad you liked them and that they arrived at just the right time. Praying for you and your family! :hug

I thought this was really a cool idea to have a blanket that was worked on by all my crochet family here. My wedding is July 28, 2012 and I would love 7" squares in these color Cherry Red, Lavender. Lavender and Cherry red are our wedding colors and this ghan will be on display at the reception for guests to admire and later for us to lay across our full size bed so I need a lot of Squares. I love this idea! and i will always remember this special gift because it was made by all of you. I will be adding squares as well as i get some in. I am so excited.. This is making my wedding even more special:):manyheart

I need a total 28 Squares Red and Lavender. For a total of 56 squares. I sew these together and then I will add a lacy border around the squarrs.

Will try to get you out at least 1 in the next few days!! what a wonderful idea!!:yes

Your very welcomed. I want Arthur to stay warm

Kimgoodie

;) There ought to be "Like" button!!!

Hey all! My mother in law is currently in the hospital after suffering from 3 majorly bad heart attacks over 3 days. Could I ask for some 12" squares for a blanket for her? She likes pinks, blues, greens & silver/grey. But really any color will work! I'd like to do a 6 long 5 wide blanket for her (so a total of 30 squares.) If you can, I'd appreciate it! I'll be contributing some squares as well, once I figure out 12" ones.

If you need my address & don't have it, just PM me! Thanks!!

Will try to get you at least one out also!! Will be praying for your mom and you!!:hug

Hi everyone, I went to HL yesterday to buy a light up hook. My DD has been wanting me to go to one of the Branson music shows with her. I'm not really into that kind of thing any more besides it being our friends that I've seen several times already. I told her I would go if I could crochet. hee hee :lol So, I got the light up hook to make some squares. But geeze is that thing BRIGHT!!! It lit up my entire cabin last night. :lol So, I will have to find a way to 'tame' it down a little or they will think the spotlight is coming from my seat. :P

Have some squares ready to go out Monday and hope to have some more by then. Happy hooking this weekend. :hook

:lol:lolSo funny! I could just picture this!!:hook

Hope everyone is doing well!! i'm planning me a slow :crocheting day myself!! don't get many so i,m enjoying it! :hug and :manyheart to all!!

I would love to contribute! As soon as I get some yarn in the colors you want, I will definitely get some made & sent!!!

Thankyou ! EVeryone! I am so excited. I am working on squares to send out I think i will send them out the first week in October. I can't wait. :)

To all those who are sick or have loved ones who are sick... My prayers are with you and i will try to get you some squares made up. I love you all so much and it is so nice to have extended family:) :clap:rose

So.. yesterday I had like.. a major mental breakdown.. >.< Im back at home now.. and I feel a million times better.. Gram's house was just getting to me I guess.. Idk if I can go back any time soon. But Gram is getting about and able to do almost everything herself. She said she would be alright..though im sure shes upset about having to be there herself.She wants to move but at the same time doesnt.. oh well.. My brain had its fit.. so mum n dad thought it best if i come home.. oh yeah.. I got a nice square from nira post-48737-135897699221_thumb.jpg Thankies!

So.. yesterday I had like.. a major mental breakdown.. >.< Im back at home now.. and I feel a million times better.. Gram's house was just getting to me I guess.. Idk if I can go back any time soon. But Gram is getting about and able to do almost everything herself. She said she would be alright..though im sure shes upset about having to be there herself.She wants to move but at the same time doesnt.. oh well.. My brain had its fit.. so mum n dad thought it best if i come home.. oh yeah.. I got a nice square from nira [ATTACH]45743[/ATTACH] Thankies!

Don't fret Mary, it all will even out given time. take care of you!

I've heard if you put some nail polish (colored, not clear :lol ) on the tip it will tone the light down. Just a dab.

:turtle:vheart

Lots of beautiful squares being shown today!!! Love them!!!

Stephanie, I was wondering how bright those hooks were. Guess I should plan on sunglasses if I buy some! :lol

Mary, hope things settle down for you now that you're back home. :hug

Ok, I finally got the pics up on Facebook of the coasters. They aren't finished off yet, but I'm getting there. :) I'll try posting the link soon, as I'm currently using my phone and it doesn't like me today. :( I hope everyone us well! :hugs for all!!!

I got another beautiful square today. Thank you sooo much to grannyannie I absolutely love it :hug. I really can't wait until I can start giving back again since it has been so long :\. My hubby's Army sign up is taking alot longer than I ever thought it would lol. Thank you all to have sent me squares it really brings a big smile to my face to get something in the mail.

I have the lighted hooks, and I don't think they are that bad, I did use them once on the runway, to bring in a jet once, but other than that........kidding! I really don't think they are that bright, lol but then, i haven't used the light much, or crochet in the dark much either, good luck, i would think nail polish would take the glide from the hook as well as maybe the brightness, and make the hook snag. Anyone wanna take a chance and try that, and lemme know, lol REally, they don't bother me, like i said, I use them, but seldom the light on them..... just my two cents on hooks worth of opinion...

I have the lighted hooks, and I don't think they are that bad, I did use them once on the runway, to bring in a jet once, but other than that........kidding! I really don't think they are that bright, lol but then, i haven't used the light much, or crochet in the dark much either, good luck, i would think nail polish would take the glide from the hook as well as maybe the brightness, and make the hook snag. Anyone wanna take a chance and try that, and lemme know, lol REally, they don't bother me, like i said, I use them, but seldom the light on them..... just my two cents on hooks worth of opinion...

You don't cover the entire end in nail polish, just a dot on the tip.

:turtle:vheart

I got another beautiful square today. Thank you sooo much to grannyannie I absolutely love it :hug. I really can't wait until I can start giving back again since it has been so long :\. My hubby's Army sign up is taking alot longer than I ever thought it would lol. Thank you all to have sent me squares it really brings a big smile to my face to get something in the mail.

You're very welcome. Glad you like it! :hug

ok............WHY am I the last to know about these lighted hooks?

Man oh man that seems heaven sent!

I am going to have to wait until tax check time to get me one or 2 but I will put it in my little book of wishes so I won't forget.

Things are a bit crazy around here still which is why I haven't been around much. But I still have my hook close by at all times and think of you all often! HUGS all around and puffies coming soon!

Archived