Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful squares everyone is getting! I really like the one you got, kuddlekubs. I got five more squares done. I don't know how many I have done now but they're piling up. I need to mail them out! :blush I did try to get puffy envelopes but there wasn't any. So I will have to look at different stores. If RL would stop keeping me so busy lately... :sigh I have a birthday to get together for our 8 year old for next week. :D Trying to find Spongebob candy thingies to put on cupcakes... :think I might have to go with something else.

Thank you Sue for all you do here. :hug

Woot! Just got this awesome square from deanna today! Love the colors and it is soft too! Thank you so much!:c9

I got my last batch of puffy envelopes at Dollar Tree. 6 in a package for well.. a $1 :lol The are almost the same quality that I got at Walmart for $4 and there were only 5 in a package. You also might be able to get Spongebob candy things at Michaels. I think I've seen them there before. Have a great night everyone!

post-48941-135897698492_thumb.jpg

Morning all! Great squares again!!!

I have now 8 squares sitting there yelling to be sent out! I have to find a time to get them to the post office! I have a ton of puffies.....bought a box of 144 when I was selling on etsy and still have a bunch.....so I'll get these bad boys out this week, I promise!

Have a good day all!

kuddles

Woot! Just got this awesome square from deanna today! Love the colors and it is soft too! Thank you so much!:c9

I got my last batch of puffy envelopes at Dollar Tree. 6 in a package for well.. a $1 :lol The are almost the same quality that I got at Walmart for $4 and there were only 5 in a package. You also might be able to get Spongebob candy things at Michaels. I think I've seen them there before. Have a great night everyone!

Love that square!!! Thanks for the heads up on puffies! I haven't been to a Dollar store in ages. Will have to talk DH into bringing me! :D

Morning all! Great squares again!!!

I have now 8 squares sitting there yelling to be sent out! I have to find a time to get them to the post office! I have a ton of puffies.....bought a box of 144 when I was selling on etsy and still have a bunch.....so I'll get these bad boys out this week, I promise!

Have a good day all!

kuddles

Morning Mama K! That's a lot of puffies! :lol I have a lot of manilla envelopes that I bought at Staples. Don't think I'll run out of them for a while! :blush

I got another square made last night, so 2 squares will be winging there way to new homes later today. Hopefully I'll start feeling better and my hook will pick up again. It has too, I've got too much to do! :hook Have a great day everyone! :hug

I like that square. Yeah, that's where I always look first for puffies. They didn't have any in the size I need. Michaels (and JoAnns) is over an hour away.. :( I might be able to get out there this weekend, though. Thanks! :)

grannyannie, I hope you start feeling better soon. :hug I have a sick child home AGAIN this week. He was just sick last week (w/ throwing up & the other end). Yesterday the school called me and he had a fever of 101. This morning he has a sore throat. :( Poor kid. I give him vitamins, have lots of fruits/vegs, he washes his hands a lot, I change their toothbrushes, they each have their own tube of toothpaste (so they won't share germs)... Sheesh... :blush I know they don't drink enough water. But... :sigh

¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸ GOOD MORNING FRIENDS¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸

how is everyone doing?

I have been so busy getting ready for the craft fair this weekend! I'm super excited about it! All the items that was sent that didnt go in the Fundraiser will go on my craft table in hopes to sell and bring in more $$$ for hubby!!! I'm working on my pricing sheet today!

I have to be honest... I have not been good at all at keeping up with whats going on with you all! I am so sorry!

Its a beautiful Fall day here today... sun is shinning... there is a cool crispness in the air.... birds are peeping... deer and other animals are rustling in the woods ........ Today is a good day for soup! Just might have to make a pot of homemade soup this afternoon! hmmm... yeah.... that sounds like a good idea! Poor Patrick is getting wisdom teeth in ... so a nice soft dinner would be nice for him! :)

It was Homecoming this last weekend........ Patrick looked fantastic in his tux once again this year!

post-18634-135897698534_thumb.jpg

He had so much fun at the dance!

In November my sweet Michael gets to have his first school dance! :D

7th & 8th grade Winter Dance.... LOL... He is gonna be so cute!

Now my little David has been busy crafting and creating! I helped him work on a Science project where he had to create a 'cell' hehehehee... we made his from a pizza... so when he was done giving his demonstration.. the class got to eat it!

He has two pet praying mantis now! OMy!

Well.... back to work here. I need to keep getting this ready for the Fair! You all have a Wonderful Wednesday!

love you guys

:heart

:mug

post-18634-135897698529_thumb.jpg

¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸ GOOD MORNING FRIENDS¸¸.•*"Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ"*•.¸¸

how is everyone doing?

I have been so busy getting ready for the craft fair this weekend! I'm super excited about it! All the items that was sent that didnt go in the Fundraiser will go on my craft table in hopes to sell and bring in more $$$ for hubby!!! I'm working on my pricing sheet today!

I have to be honest... I have not been good at all at keeping up with whats going on with you all! I am so sorry!

Its a beautiful Fall day here today... sun is shinning... there is a cool crispness in the air.... birds are peeping... deer and other animals are rustling in the woods ........ Today is a good day for soup! Just might have to make a pot of homemade soup this afternoon! hmmm... yeah.... that sounds like a good idea! Poor Patrick is getting wisdom teeth in ... so a nice soft dinner would be nice for him! :)

It was Homecoming this last weekend........ Patrick looked fantastic in his tux once again this year!

[ATTACH]45605[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]45606[/ATTACH]

He had so much fun at the dance!

In November my sweet Michael gets to have his first school dance! :D

7th & 8th grade Winter Dance.... LOL... He is gonna be so cute!

Now my little David has been busy crafting and creating! I helped him work on a Science project where he had to create a 'cell' hehehehee... we made his from a pizza... so when he was done giving his demonstration.. the class got to eat it!

He has two pet praying mantis now! OMy!

Well.... back to work here. I need to keep getting this ready for the Fair! You all have a Wonderful Wednesday!

love you guys

Nice pics! The boys are growing up! Great idea to use the pizza! I'll be thinking of you this weekend. Good luck! :hug

I like that square. Yeah, that's where I always look first for puffies. They didn't have any in the size I need. Michaels (and JoAnns) is over an hour away.. :( I might be able to get out there this weekend, though. Thanks! :)

grannyannie, I hope you start feeling better soon. :hug I have a sick child home AGAIN this week. He was just sick last week (w/ throwing up & the other end). Yesterday the school called me and he had a fever of 101. This morning he has a sore throat. :( Poor kid. I give him vitamins, have lots of fruits/vegs, he washes his hands a lot, I change their toothbrushes, they each have their own tube of toothpaste (so they won't share germs)... Sheesh... :blush I know they don't drink enough water. But... :sigh

Oh, the poor sweetie! Kids just seem to be getting sick a lot lately. Two of my granddaughters are sick with strep again. The youngest of the two just got off her meds 10 days before coming down with it again. She's only 2 and her sister is the one that just had her 5th birthday. She ended up sick on her actual birthday, Monday. :(

Oh geez! I just took of a picture of all of my squares so far and realized that I've got 13 squares but only have 11 individual pics which means I must have forgotten to thank someone for two squares! I am mortified! :blush

I try so hard to make sure to thank everyone that is thoughtful enough to make a square for me so if you sent me a square in this picture and have not heard from me, please let me know! I'd hate to think that someone hasn't gotten a thank you from me!!!!!!! I'm usually so careful to contact people right away! I blame my husband. I'm not sure why but let's blame him anyway. :P

post-50331-135897698576_thumb.jpg

I got puffy envelopes today!! I went to the Dollar Tree (I was just there yesterday, and they didn't have any. But I figured what the heck I'll look anyway..) I stocked up this time. I left one package for someone else, though. I was nice. :devil

Your squares are looking great, Maggi!

Glad you got the square, and I'm thrilled you like the colour combination!

Forgive my ignorance, but what are 'puffy envelopes'? Haha...I've seen so many posts about them! What makes them so special!?

Great squares everyone. Maggi, those are beautiful together.

Hope everyone that isn't feeling well gets better, including kiddos.

Ann, hope you are getting enough rest so you are back 100% soon.

Tam, great looking boy!

Deanna, puffies are what they are calling the envelopes they mail squares in. Some use regular envelopes. Some use manila envelopes and some use the padded ones but they are all called puffies. Don't worry, they had me stumped too when I joined. lol :lol

I have a few to go out but have to get my invoices in. Hopefully by the end of the week.

Hi all, another beautiful day here in Omaha! Hope you all are having a great day today and find the time to hook a bit, as tht after all, makes it a great day! Im off for a bit to Home Depot, but hope to hook when I return a while! Gotta check my mail, as I forgot yesterday, ad it would be so sad, if a puffy was waiting all night, alone, in the dark, in that mail box for me to find it....waaaaah,:worried:scared:sun:mailbox I will check that first! take care!

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Highty Ho Friends¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

just wanted to pop in and say :hi

I'm super busy today getting stuff ready for the Craft Fair on Saturday. :eek Omy.... I'm nervous!

I'm nervous about the prices... I'm nervous about stuff selling... I'm nervous that I'm nervous... LOL

Since my mom is coming and going to sell her sewn totes.... I made up a sign for the table... T&K Crafts :D I'm printing business cards now!

Thanks for all the compliments about Patrick! He gets to dress up this weekend for work. There is a wedding going on and he is to park cars and later tend to tables. So he gets to put on his black & whites.... slacks... shirt and tie! He loves dressing up!

Thank you for all the well wishes for the Fair! :hug

Okay... back to work!

love you guys!

catch up later

man I need more coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Glad you got the square, and I'm thrilled you like the colour combination!

Forgive my ignorance, but what are 'puffy envelopes'? Haha...I've seen so many posts about them! What makes them so special!?

'puffy envelopes' are just manilla like envelopes. What you used to send your square to me in is basically what we are talking about.

Looking good so far Maggie! :D You did thank me so no worries there! ;)

Just got back from the PO. 5 more sent out! :clap Also went to HL and found some Sugar N' Creme on sale for 96 cents. Only was able to find 2 though :( Selection was rather poor at my nearest HL.

Have a great day everyone!

I am sorry I have been very sick with Kidney Stones and have not been on to post photos or thank Sue for her beautiful squares she sent to me. I got the prettiest mint green and a gorgeous yellow square from Sue Smith. Thank you from the bottom of my heart it really made my week. Now, I have crocheted a bunch of 8' squares for my girls..... I will be emailing 4 of you individually for addresses....since I have misplaced my addys, lol. 4 packages hopefully going out tomorrow! Thank God! I feel like I have accomplished something & that I am contributing at least a little bit.

Penny:hug

Penny, hope you get to feeling better!

To all, I have 8 squares made so hope to get those ALL in the mail on Saturday! I hope you like them!

I stopped on squares and am working on.....wait for it...another small tote! Big surprise!

Have a good nite all!

kuddles

Hello everybody!! Sure are lots of pretty squares!!

Got an awesome one today for Arthur's comfortghan! Don't remember seeing this name on my list and since she didn't put a 'ville username--:think

But thank you to Kimberly from Cleveland!!! It is BEAUTIFUL and the pic does it no justice! Working hard to get enough squares to put this together So thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! :hug

:oopsI'm SOO ditso sometimes!! :blush Just found her on the list....THANK YOU KIMGOODIE!!!!! :hug

post-26273-135897699004_thumb.jpg

I thought this was really a cool idea to have a blanket that was worked on by all my crochet family here. My wedding is July 28, 2012 and I would love 7" squares in these color Cherry Red, Lavender. Lavender and Cherry red are our wedding colors and this ghan will be on display at the reception for guests to admire and later for us to lay across our full size bed so I need a lot of Squares. I love this idea! and i will always remember this special gift because it was made by all of you. I will be adding squares as well as i get some in. I am so excited.. This is making my wedding even more special:):manyheart

I need a total 28 Squares Red and Lavender. For a total of 56 squares. I sew these together and then I will add a lacy border around the squarrs.

I thought this was really a cool idea to have a blanket that was worked on by all my crochet family here. My wedding is July 28, 2012 and I would love 7" squares in these color Cherry Red, Lavender. Lavender and Cherry red are our wedding colors and this ghan will be on display at the reception for guests to admire and later for us to lay across our full size bed so I need a lot of Squares. I love this idea! and i will always remember this special gift because it was made by all of you. I will be adding squares as well as i get some in. I am so excited.. This is making my wedding even more special:):manyheart

I need a total 28 Squares Red and Lavender. For a total of 56 squares. I sew these together and then I will add a lacy border around the squarrs.

Welcome Tawnya! I'll get you added to the list this evening. It's too early for me to think straight right now. :lol

If you are wanting to send out squares too I'll need your e-mail address. :)

:turtle:vheart

Archived