Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Hi all, raining here, and chilly, nice day to stay in and play with hooks and yarns!! I want to thank Hershey038 for the beautiful squares she sent me, and the nicest card too, enclosed is a pic. With all she has had on her plate lately,im surprised she had time to hook, but here they are in all their glory! Thanks so much Michele!!!! I love them!!

post-40621-135897697697_thumb.jpg

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to thank Michelle, also, for my 2 beautiful squares and note. They are gorgeous and will most certainly work! I hadn't received any in quite a while so this was a wonderful surprise. Thank you so much. :hug

post-44513-135897697806_thumb.jpg

Nice squares everyone! I have a few packaged up and waiting until Thursday to go out. May get a few more done before then. Trying hard to finish up a few WIPs that are just laying around. :P

Welcome Steph! Sue when you get a chance could I get a new list? I think you have my email. If not I'll message you.

Have a good day all!

Good morning ladies! I did two more squares last nite while watching the Emmy's! So four in all done! I have to pour over my list to see who gets these first four! But they will go out in a day or two!

Thanks again for letting me join up ladies!

kuddles

I can't seem to concentrate on anything lately. So, I have decided if anyone wants simple ole traditional grannies, let me know and I'll send those. I'm just not where I can sit and concentrate on new patterns. :( Sorry bout that. Lots of stress lately. Funny I swore off regular grannies when I started crocheting again and lately that is all I want or can seem to make. I know you are all making gorgeous squares and fancy patterns so if you don't want them, I so understand. :hug

:hug Sorry you're feeling so stressed lately!! Don't let life get you down!!! Praying for you my friend!! As for "plain, old simple grannies"-- who doesn't love the original granny square?!! That's what got me started crocheting anyway!! :lol

I would love to join in, if I may! I have 6" squares for a Friendship-ghan on my wishlist. My favorite colors are purple & red, but I'd love any colors. To me, the different designs & colors express each friend's personality! I'm going to take some time in the next day or so & see who I could bless with a square for the friendship-ghan!

:welcomeaboard, Steph!! You will find this is a wonderful site with the most Fabulous people!!!

Hi all, raining here, and chilly, nice day to stay in and play with hooks and yarns!! I want to thank Hershey038 for the beautiful squares she sent me, and the nicest card too, enclosed is a pic. With all she has had on her plate lately,im surprised she had time to hook, but here they are in all their glory! Thanks so much Michele!!!! I love them!!

[ATTACH]45454[/ATTACH]

You are sooo welcome, sweet little friend!!!

I want to thank Michelle, also, for my 2 beautiful squares and note. They are gorgeous and will most certainly work! I hadn't received any in quite a while so this was a wonderful surprise. Thank you so much. :hug

And you are sooo welcome, too!! So glad you enjoyed getting them!!:hug

Hope everyone else is doing good. Some I am missing because I havent' been able to check in as often lately, but I hope all is well.

Got so much to do today. My house is a wreck since I'm still not able to pick up or pull yet, but I have got to straighten up some, and my youngest DS and DIL are coming for supper tonight. Haven't gotten to spend time with them in awhile, so I'm looking forward to it. Still working on Arthur's comfortghan, and as soon as I can get that done, I want to get back on squares. And Christmas stuff!!!! I am looking forward to Christmas even though my DD will not get to be with me (this is her father's year) and my DH's work may keep him gone for Christmas, I AM going to enjoy Christmas!!! I'm thinking old-fashioned Christmas, just not sure what to make and how to go about it ( so any input IS welcome!!;)). I also want to do some Christmas gifts, just not sure what to do?!

Anyway, hoping all has a wonderful :crocheting day!!

The more the merrier, welcome Steph! :hook

Everyone's squares are so great! I got back yesterday from a weekend trip to the beach. Haven't been on vaca since my honeymoon in 2007 and wouldn't you know it, I catch a cold my first day there. Can you believe it?! lol What a rip off! :yes Feeling better today, ready to get rid of this thing!

I hope everyone is having a great day!

Well, I got one 12 incher done to send out. I want to make a couple more before I head to the post office. Taking my dd to the orthodontist today. She is not going to be a happy camper after we hear the final verdict. Dentist tomorrow for my youngest 2 ds, then my dd has to go to they eye dr thursday to get glasses. :juggle

Good thing I have plenty of bags to carry yarn in for all the waiting rooms! :crocheting

Hi Michelle! Totes totes and more totes for gifts is what I'll be doing!

Maggi, that is just SO wrong! Hope you feel better quickly!

Abby, that is what I use my totes for! The ones I don't give away that is.....I always make sure I have a project bag with me cause you always wait for an appt!

kuddles

New rules!! I will no longer except people who are new villagers because there are too many that don't stay and it just causes more work for me. Sorry.

I just updated the list (with sahm2g1b added). PM me for it WITH your e-mail included unless you are 100% sure I already have your e-mail. I will ignore PM's with no e-mail.

:turtle:vheart

That sucks about your cold Maggi. Everytime I move I end up with a cold. I guess it's the stress!

Totally understand the new rules! I can only imagine the workload in managing this CAL! Sent a PM for a new list. I am working on my second square for today. Hopefully will send out at least 4 or 5 on Thursday! I hope everyone has a great day! I'm getting all antsy for fall and want to put up my Halloween decorations already! :jack:ghost:skeleton

Hope everyone else is doing good. Some I am missing because I havent' been able to check in as often lately, but I hope all is well.

Got so much to do today. My house is a wreck since I'm still not able to pick up or pull yet, but I have got to straighten up some, and my youngest DS and DIL are coming for supper tonight. Haven't gotten to spend time with them in awhile, so I'm looking forward to it. Still working on Arthur's comfortghan, and as soon as I can get that done, I want to get back on squares. And Christmas stuff!!!! I am looking forward to Christmas even though my DD will not get to be with me (this is her father's year) and my DH's work may keep him gone for Christmas, I AM going to enjoy Christmas!!! I'm thinking old-fashioned Christmas, just not sure what to make and how to go about it ( so any input IS welcome!!;)). I also want to do some Christmas gifts, just not sure what to do?!

Anyway, hoping all has a wonderful :crocheting day!!

Do you still need squares for Arthur's ghan? I can make a couple more if you do. Just remind me of the colors again. My mind isn't what if used to be! :lol

Everyone's squares are so great! I got back yesterday from a weekend trip to the beach. Haven't been on vaca since my honeymoon in 2007 and wouldn't you know it, I catch a cold my first day there. Can you believe it?! lol What a rip off! :yes Feeling better today, ready to get rid of this thing!

I hope everyone is having a great day!

Hope that nasty cold goes away soon! :hug

Well, I got one 12 incher done to send out. I want to make a couple more before I head to the post office. Taking my dd to the orthodontist today. She is not going to be a happy camper after we hear the final verdict. Dentist tomorrow for my youngest 2 ds, then my dd has to go to they eye dr thursday to get glasses. :juggle

Good thing I have plenty of bags to carry yarn in for all the waiting rooms! :crocheting

I have a tote ready to go at all times! Took one with me to the hospital today and got half a scarf done while I was waiting to have my procedure done! :lol

New rules!! I will no longer except people who are new villagers because there are too many that don't stay and it just causes more work for me. Sorry.

I just updated the list (with sahm2g1b added). PM me for it WITH your e-mail included unless you are 100% sure I already have your e-mail. I will ignore PM's with no e-mail.

:turtle:vheart

Definitely understand the new rules. It's got to be hard keeping this CAL straight. :hug

That sucks about your cold Maggi. Everytime I move I end up with a cold. I guess it's the stress!

Totally understand the new rules! I can only imagine the workload in managing this CAL! Sent a PM for a new list. I am working on my second square for today. Hopefully will send out at least 4 or 5 on Thursday! I hope everyone has a great day! I'm getting all antsy for fall and want to put up my Halloween decorations already! :jack:ghost:skeleton

I've had my pumpkin fridgie up for a week now. That's all I've got made! :lol I really want to get out some decorations though! My hooks are aching to make something too. I just need to stop having other projects get in the way! :eek

New rules!! I will no longer except people who are new villagers because there are too many that don't stay and it just causes more work for me. Sorry.:turtle:vheart

I can totally understand the new rules! Thanks for keeping us all organized! :hug

And thanks for all the well wishes, am already feeling a little better! :manyheart

Okay, now I'm DEFINITELY feeling better! Look what I got today from deanna6812!

Thank you so much Deanna! This square really brighten up my day!!!

Yay! That actually arrived pretty quickly, considering it's international and involved customs! Glad it arrived safely and it's my pleasure! That one was a fun one to make!

Wow! deanna6812 was sure busy! I also received a square today and am THRILLED!!! Girl, I love it! So bright, just what I wanted! Thanks so much!

kuddles

Glad that one got there too! I needed to wear sunglasses making that one. ;) The centre square got a bit askew (still not sure how), but I kind of thought it added personality to it! Glad you like it, and glad it arrived safely, too!

Glad that one got there too! I needed to wear sunglasses making that one. ;) The centre square got a bit askew (still not sure how), but I kind of thought it added personality to it! Glad you like it, and glad it arrived safely, too!

LOL My DD was like, wow! She loves it! Had to get it away from her! And I completely agree, I love how the center looks!

kuddles

Okay, now I'm DEFINITELY feeling better! Look what I got today from deanna6812!

Thank you so much Deanna! This square really brighten up my day!!!

Pretty!

Wow! deanna6812 was sure busy! I also received a square today and am THRILLED!!! Girl, I love it! So bright, just what I wanted! Thanks so much!

kuddles

Wow, nice square!

Morning ladies! Well another square has been made! However I've sent none out! So I have 6 squares sitting here screaming "who ya gonna send me to??" Guess I better give them an answer today!

Have a good day all!

kuddles

Archived