Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Hope everyone is having a great day. It is only in the 50's here, so it is a nice fall day.

I am on the way to the post office with a bunch of outgoing squares.

Can someone please tell me what colors are considered earthtones,

and jeweltones. :think Pleaseeeee!!! I need to finishe my list:lol

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you, Michelle, for these lovely squares! It is always so nice to get a puffy in the mail when life is so crazy that I feel like tearing my hair out. The squares helped me take a deep breath and refocus.

P.S. Please pray for my family to stay healthy. My mother and I are really sick and I don't want my husband or my daughters (3.5 and 9 mos) to get sick too.

post-48303-135897699094_thumb.jpg

Penny, hope you get to feeling better!

To all, I have 8 squares made so hope to get those ALL in the mail on Saturday! I hope you like them!

I stopped on squares and am working on.....wait for it...another small tote! Big surprise!

Have a good nite all!

kuddles

Thanks Kuddles & everyone else that wishes me well. I am feeling much better. I have gotten 10 squares made! YAHOOO!!! So I am waiting for addy's and then they will get sent this saterday! Hope you all LOVE them!

Penny:hug

well, I just came from Post Office, where I mailed 7 squares, so be on the

lookout.

I also received one from kimgoodie, it is very pretty, and will fit in nicely with my other 14, Thank you so much, it always gives me a thrill :c9 when I get a package. Look!!!

[ATTACH]

[/ATTACH]

post-25772-135897699115_thumb.jpg

Beautiful squares, everyone! Karishema I love your green and off white square from KimGoodie!! I mailed out two today. And I have more ready to go, and more being made... :hook

Soooo sorry to hear about your Kidney Stones. My husband has had those. He came home from work early one day; and just laid (more like fell) on the ground. I took him to the ER and that's what it was... :( I was really worried. (He's a 6 foot 200 lb, broke his thumb and ducktaped it and went back to work kind of carpenter. So when he did that, I was worried!...) I hope yours pass soon. :hug

Cindy, I hope your babies (or your husband) don't get sick! :( (Is it the flu?) :hug :hug

I am sorry I have been very sick with Kidney Stones and have not been on to post photos or thank Sue for her beautiful squares she sent to me. I got the prettiest mint green and a gorgeous yellow square from Sue Smith. Thank you from the bottom of my heart it really made my week. Now, I have crocheted a bunch of 8' squares for my girls..... I will be emailing 4 of you individually for addresses....since I have misplaced my addys, lol. 4 packages hopefully going out tomorrow! Thank God! I feel like I have accomplished something & that I am contributing at least a little bit.

Your very welcomed. I want Arthur to stay warm

Kimgoodie

Hello everybody!! Sure are lots of pretty squares!!

Got an awesome one today for Arthur's comfortghan! Don't remember seeing this name on my list and since she didn't put a 'ville username--:think

But thank you to Kimberly from Cleveland!!! It is BEAUTIFUL and the pic does it no justice! Working hard to get enough squares to put this together So thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! :hug

:oopsI'm SOO ditso sometimes!! :blush Just found her on the list....THANK YOU KIMGOODIE!!!!! :hug

You are very welcome

lookout.

I also received one from kimgoodie, it is very pretty, and will fit in nicely with my other 14, Thank you so much, it always gives me a thrill :c9 when I get a package. Look!!!

[ATTACH]

[/ATTACH]

Welcome Tawnya! I'll get you added to the list this evening. It's too early for me to think straight right now. :lol

If you are wanting to send out squares too I'll need your e-mail address. :)

:turtle:vheart

Thank you Just PM you!:):crocheting

Our library has a crochet section now, after the remodeling!! I have a book that I'm going to get some patterns out of & will be making more squares!! Now that hubby has a job & I'm selling things I crochet, it will be easier to mail things!!

Afternoon all! Taking this weekend off from making squares. The 5 I just sent out should be arriving by Mon or Tues. I'm finally making Carlinda's Granny Ripple Mommy and Me set! :crocheting And then I have some small goody bags for a bonus surprise to make for a friends jewelry business in exchange for some Halloween jewelry she is making me :)

I hope you get better really soon Cindy!

Sounds like you've been really busy kuddlekubs!

Welcome Tawnya!

I hope everyone has a great Fall weekend. I'm thinking of decorating today too! :jack

I thought this was really a cool idea to have a blanket that was worked on by all my crochet family here. My wedding is July 28, 2012 and I would love 7" squares in these color Cherry Red, Lavender. Lavender and Cherry red are our wedding colors and this ghan will be on display at the reception for guests to admire and later for us to lay across our full size bed so I need a lot of Squares. I love this idea! and i will always remember this special gift because it was made by all of you. I will be adding squares as well as i get some in. I am so excited.. This is making my wedding even more special:):manyheart

I need a total 28 Squares Red and Lavender. For a total of 56 squares. I sew these together and then I will add a lacy border around the squarrs.

Yay, i have cherry red, and maybe some lavendar, just gotta ask for a new listypoo, and will pm sue in a second!

Hello everybody!! Sure are lots of pretty squares!!

Got an awesome one today for Arthur's comfortghan! Don't remember seeing this name on my list and since she didn't put a 'ville username--:think

But thank you to Kimberly from Cleveland!!! It is BEAUTIFUL and the pic does it no justice! Working hard to get enough squares to put this together So thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! :hug

:oopsI'm SOO ditso sometimes!! :blush Just found her on the list....THANK YOU KIMGOODIE!!!!! :hug

Everyone is doing such PRETTY squares, aren't they just lovely, nice eye candy everyone, great job too!

Hope everyone is having a great day. It is only in the 50's here, so it is a nice fall day.

I am on the way to the post office with a bunch of outgoing squares.

Can someone please tell me what colors are considered earthtones,

and jeweltones. :think Pleaseeeee!!! I need to finishe my list:lol

I would think earth tones are greens, tans, oranges, rusts, browns, blues even as water is blue, and jewel tones are more along the lines of emerald greens, or ruby reds, or saphire blues, dark purples, or

even white or a bright citron yellow, you know, something dark but bright, I dunno, Im sure they will appreciate any ones they get!

Thanks Kuddles & everyone else that wishes me well. I am feeling much better. I have gotten 10 squares made! YAHOOO!!! So I am waiting for addy's and then they will get sent this saterday! Hope you all LOVE them!

y0u know we will!!

Thank you Just PM you!:):crocheting

Our library has a crochet section now, after the remodeling!! I have a book that I'm going to get some patterns out of & will be making more squares!! Now that hubby has a job & I'm selling things I crochet, it will be easier to mail things!!

wow, Im going to the library tomorrow, Ill have to check that section!

TO all those feeling sickly, FEEL BETTER SOON!! :hug

Hey all! My mother in law is currently in the hospital after suffering from 3 majorly bad heart attacks over 3 days. Could I ask for some 12" squares for a blanket for her? She likes pinks, blues, greens & silver/grey. But really any color will work! I'd like to do a 6 long 5 wide blanket for her (so a total of 30 squares.) If you can, I'd appreciate it! I'll be contributing some squares as well, once I figure out 12" ones.

If you need my address & don't have it, just PM me! Thanks!!

I would love to contribute! As soon as I get some yarn in the colors you want, I will definitely get some made & sent!!!

I thought this was really a cool idea to have a blanket that was worked on by all my crochet family here. My wedding is July 28, 2012 and I would love 7" squares in these color Cherry Red, Lavender. Lavender and Cherry red are our wedding colors and this ghan will be on display at the reception for guests to admire and later for us to lay across our full size bed so I need a lot of Squares. I love this idea! and i will always remember this special gift because it was made by all of you. I will be adding squares as well as i get some in. I am so excited.. This is making my wedding even more special:):manyheart

I need a total 28 Squares Red and Lavender. For a total of 56 squares. I sew these together and then I will add a lacy border around the squarrs.

Hey all! My mother in law is currently in the hospital after suffering from 3 majorly bad heart attacks over 3 days. Could I ask for some 12" squares for a blanket for her? She likes pinks, blues, greens & silver/grey. But really any color will work! I'd like to do a 6 long 5 wide blanket for her (so a total of 30 squares.) If you can, I'd appreciate it! I'll be contributing some squares as well, once I figure out 12" ones.

I am so sorry to hear your MIL is in the hospital! I'll try my best to get at least one out to you. Are you working on a specific time frame?

Oh! And any specific type of yarn you'd prefer?

Here's :hug going out to everyone not feeling well. I haven't exactly been keeping up lately and I apologize. I've been so busy with the wedding and now my mom had surgery yesterday so I just haven't had much time.

I just stop by to say thank you to Kimgoodie for the very pretty square I received the other day. I spent all of yesterday at the hospital so I didn't get a chance to say thank you. It's very pretty Kim and also thank you for the patterns you included.

I am so sorry to hear your MIL is in the hospital! I'll try my best to get at least one out to you. Are you working on a specific time frame?

Oh! And any specific type of yarn you'd prefer?

I'm not sure what all types of yarn there are to be honest. I have the big selection of walmart to buy yarn from & all my walmart carries is Caron, Red Heart & Peaches n Cream.

So I guess something that feels like Red heart?!

I'm not sure what all types of yarn there are to be honest. I have the big selection of walmart to buy yarn from & all my walmart carries is Caron, Red Heart & Peaches n Cream.

So I guess something that feels like Red heart?!

Acrylic it is! Thanks! :D

Hello ladies and hugs to all that need them, and prayers will be said for all that asked!

My 7 packages (one person got two squares) are all puffied and ready for the post office tomorrow morning! Woot!

But I received my own puffie today from the wonderful Brenda (bgs)! Two, count em, TWO lovely cotton squares that are just so yummie looking! LOVE them Brenda and thank you SO much!

Here's a pic!

kuddles

post-17419-135897699163_thumb.jpg

Welcome! I just saw some cherry red in my stash the other day! ;)

Thank you, Michelle, for these lovely squares! It is always so nice to get a puffy in the mail when life is so crazy that I feel like tearing my hair out. The squares helped me take a deep breath and refocus.

P.S. Please pray for my family to stay healthy. My mother and I are really sick and I don't want my husband or my daughters (3.5 and 9 mos) to get sick too.

Prayers going out! So much sickness going around already this season! :hug

So glad you are feeling better!

lookout.

[ATTACH]

[/ATTACH]

Very pretty!

Afternoon all! Taking this weekend off from making squares. The 5 I just sent out should be arriving by Mon or Tues. I'm finally making Carlinda's Granny Ripple Mommy and Me set! :crocheting And then I have some small goody bags for a bonus surprise to make for a friends jewelry business in exchange for some Halloween jewelry she is making me :)

I hope you get better really soon Cindy!

Sounds like you've been really busy kuddlekubs!

Welcome Tawnya!

I hope everyone has a great Fall weekend. I'm thinking of decorating today too! :jack

Have fun making Carlinda's set!!! And decorating too! I saw a few homes already decorated while I was out today.

If you need my address & don't have it, just PM me! Thanks!!

I'll do my best to get you one or two!

Here's :hug going out to everyone not feeling well. I haven't exactly been keeping up lately and I apologize. I've been so busy with the wedding and now my mom had surgery yesterday so I just haven't had much time.

I just stop by to say thank you to Kimgoodie for the very pretty square I received the other day. I spent all of yesterday at the hospital so I didn't get a chance to say thank you. It's very pretty Kim and also thank you for the patterns you included.

Hope your mom is doing well! :hug

Hello ladies and hugs to all that need them, and prayers will be said for all that asked!

My 7 packages (one person got two squares) are all puffied and ready for the post office tomorrow morning! Woot!

But I received my own puffie today from the wonderful Brenda (bgs)! Two, count em, TWO lovely cotton squares that are just so yummie looking! LOVE them Brenda and thank you SO much!

Here's a pic!

kuddles

Pretty!

Here's a pic!

kuddles

You are welcome!

Archived