Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Hi all, dr thinks i may have kidney stones, so i have to go to have a ct scan tomorrow. they also gave me a 14 day antibiotic to take. this just keeps getting better and better (note the extreme sarcasm) :worried:ohdear:thair

Hope you get better soon! :hug

Woo Hoo................. :yay

My Navy Son is coming home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He may be here tomorrow or Friday! OMGosh.............I cant wait to squeeze the pieces out of him!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug

Love you guys

:heart

:mug

Yay! My AF sis just got to spend some time with her family.

Still not feeling great today. A little better. I've barely been able to crochet! *gasp* so no squares done this week yet. :(

I hope everyone has a great day!

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone, thank you all for the thoughts and the get betters :hug

Mom w/a Motif, THANK YOU for the lovely square ! I love it :D

I have almost enough, just a few more (6) 12" squares or (24) 6" squares, or a combo of the two sizes. Ill post a pic of the ones I have here in just a minute :) I love them ALL :manyheart

Hi everyone. Congrats on your son coming home, Tam. I am only seeing hit and miss posts for some reason, so I'm missing some I'm sure. Hope all that is feeling sick/down/ or otherwise feels better soon. I have a couple more squares ready to go out and about to work on a few more.

If I can get motivated (been cleaning all day), I'm going to try and get my squares all together for a picture. NOW I know why you girls ask for 12" instead of 6". :lol Still trying to decide how I want to join them and if I want to do it as I get them or wait until I get them all so I can decide what layout to use. Hmmmm... Like I said, if I can get motivated. :P

Hi everyone. Congrats on your son coming home, Tam. I am only seeing hit and miss posts for some reason, so I'm missing some I'm sure. Hope all that is feeling sick/down/ or otherwise feels better soon. I have a couple more squares ready to go out and about to work on a few more.

If I can get motivated (been cleaning all day), I'm going to try and get my squares all together for a picture. NOW I know why you girls ask for 12" instead of 6". :lol Still trying to decide how I want to join them and if I want to do it as I get them or wait until I get them all so I can decide what layout to use. Hmmmm... Like I said, if I can get motivated. :P

I've been wondering if Ecru is close to white? And what is a good pattern for cotton. The only cotton squares I've made are granny. Can't wait to see what you have Sopo!

okay, laid out in no particular order but trying to remember who sent what so could go back in respective envelopes for now :P (remind me to get some of those little tiny tags to put on each one but I do have pics of each one with names so I can figure it out :D ), here are my squares so far. Thank you much for each and every one as I love them all. :U

I did not think this through well, just loved the idea of giving squares and receiving them from friends wasn't too bad either. :lol I have no idea how many squares would be needed using 6" squares ... have no idea how big it should be... have no idea how to join it... well, you get the picture. :blush So, any ideas you gals have, lay 'em on me. :yes

All I know that is every time I get a puffy in the mail, it lights up my entire day! :D So thank you all once again. :hug

And Nira, ecru is fine and a regular granny is fine. That's what I've been doing a lot of lately. I'm in that simple granny groove. :hook

post-44513-135897701831_thumb.jpg

OHH how pretty! I see mine! You have the fun part ahead of you, many options to put it together too, I see this as maybe being a flat braid (google it for tutorial) in grey or maroon (burgandy, wine, etc )how pretty! good luck! Size depends on what size YOU want it to be, can be any size you like , just more or less sqaures is all, lol

Hi everyone i really love this group, to everyone who is not feeling well you are in my prayers and I am thinking of you. A lil birdie told me i have some puffy coming soon..SOOOO excited! BIG THANKU ! Today I will be working on some squares when i get home here are the colors ( hmmm)

(2) Black,hot pink and white 6nches

(1) Purple Heart (shaded Purple) 12 inches

(1) Thread Angel (Done)(1) Purple 8inches

(1) Camo 12"

(1) White and Red 12"

(1) 12" Purple & yellow

(2)8" Lime &Hot Pink

(2) Purple & Orange 8"

I will post pics Monday and mailout the first few November 1st yay!

okay as soon as everythin is finished i wlll be getting some mailers and the postage to mail these out:):crocheting

Oh can anyone share their fav (free) crochet pattern heart links with me Iam looking for a heart pattern other than the one i already have:) :D

Hugs to all. *Singing* What the world needs now is Puffies ,sweet puffies , its the only thing that there's just to little of* Okay okay Iam a cheesball but that is why you love me:D

Oh no. I hope they pass/go away, soon. :hug I'm glad you like the square, all your squares look great.

Hi all, dr thinks i may have kidney stones, so i have to go to have a ct scan tomorrow. they also gave me a 14 day antibiotic to take. this just keeps getting better and better (note the extreme sarcasm) :worried:ohdear:thair

Congratulations, Tam. Have a WONDERFUL visit!! :clap:manyheart

Woo Hoo................. :yay

My Navy Son is coming home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He may be here tomorrow or Friday! OMGosh.............I cant wait to squeeze the pieces out of him!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug

Love you guys

:heart

:mug

sopo, your squares look great!

CrochetBoosh, you are very welcome. <3

Nira, I hope you feel better soon. I made Pickled Eggs today. I've been craving them lately for some reason. My Grandma used to make them for the Holidays. I was going to use her recipe, but it takes three dozen eggs. There's no way we would eat all those. So I used a recipe with only six eggs. Course, that probably won't be enough... But. I need more eggs.

post-20-1358977019_thumb.jpg

I received a square in the mail today from Mom w/a motif :) thank you to much for the beautiful square!!! My bf picked it up and said wow I like!

Oh no. I hope they pass/go away, soon. :hug I'm glad you like the square, all your squares look great.

Congratulations, Tam. Have a WONDERFUL visit!! :clap:manyheart

sopo, your squares look great!

CrochetBoosh, you are very welcome. <3

Nira, I hope you feel better soon. I made Pickled Eggs today. I've been craving them lately for some reason. My Grandma used to make them for the Holidays. I was going to use her recipe, but it takes three dozen eggs. There's no way we would eat all those. So I used a recipe with only six eggs. Course, that probably won't be enough... But. I need more eggs.

Tina!!! WoooHooo!! :cheer Your squares came today. Thank you so much!!! And you're right! :heehee I DO only have 4 more to make! Will take a pic and show finished afghan to all as soon as I'm through!

Now .... pickled eggs....ummmmm....what's those stringy looking red things floating around? Can you tell I don't like pickled eggs? :yuck Lol!

But seriously, :ty:day:hug:hug

@immafreek--kidney stones..whew!! hope you are feeling MUCH better! :hug and your squares are looking great!

@ sopo---Your squares are awesome too!

me for some reason have been collection all size squares as well as Kalie. So I'm taking the 6" and 12" and putting together till I get enough to make ghans and then waiting on all the 8" ones as well.

And ....

@ Katyallen---when I finally start to put all mine together, I'm going to post a pic of them laid out in floor and you work your magic!! :) you will be my official square put-togetherer consultant!! :lol you seem to have such a great gift for it! :)

hope everyone has a great weekend and also @ TAm ---so glad your son came home!!!! :hug

Hey, everyone! Had a fun day today shopping with my kiddos. I'm working on another afghan (a test pattern for someone) but I plan to take some time this weekend to get some squares out! Am really looking forward to sending some out!

:hugs to all of you who are not feeling well. I pray that you feel better soon! :hugs

:clap Yay!! They made it, right on time. I hope that helped you out. Four squares is a lot less intimidating than 12, eh? :hook I know, Pickled Eggs aren't for everyone. :P But they make my husband happy. Oh, the long stringy things are onions. :P The beet juice turns everything red.

I'm glad you like the square, too; AshyN. :)

@ Katyallen---when I finally start to put all mine together, I'm going to post a pic of them laid out in floor and you work your magic!! you will be my official square put-togetherer consultant!! you seem to have such a great gift for it!

ha ha, thanks Hershey!! glad to help!

Hello Ladies!

I'm just popping in for a quick hello. I'm so sad that I don't have the time to make squares for you all. I'm so busy that I'm going crazy. I'm taking 5 classes in school, our house is for sale (so I have to keep up after a husband and two little girls!), and the Perry the Platypus laptop sleeve I made for my dh is such a big hit that I have 4 orders in my "queue" (laptop sleeves in Hello Kitty, Spongebob, Kermit the Frog, and anything made with Betty Boop) that I need to complete. That isn't counting the orders I am getting on etsy! So, I'm thinking of you all and I will whip out some squares at the first chance I get (which will probably been in an insane asylum!)

Pardon me for yelling ladies but Iam so HAPPPPPY . I got my first Puffie yesterday and inside contained these three lovely and beautifully created Squares. THANK YOU BRENDA!!!!!!!!!! I ABSOLUTLEY ADORE ALL OF THEM!!!!!!! SO excited. I am just so happy:D

I got three lovely Lavender and Cherry Red Squares from Brenda (bgs) thank you so so much. They are so beautiful. Hubby to be like them too. Oh and i received a very beautiful card from her tooo. I am so happy:) :hug to Bgs(FGM) and :hug to everyone else too. Okay in the next post i will show you all the squares i got done yesterday. :clap:yay

post-10093-135897701941_thumb.jpg

post-10093-135897701945_thumb.jpg

post-10093-135897701948_thumb.jpg

post-10093-13589770195_thumb.jpg

Okay so I was looking through a whole lot of squares yesterday and finally settled on a few that i like that I want to send out. I completed two yesterday. Here they are but i am planning to do more so many lovelie puffies so little time. I am enjoying this immensely. :cheer

I still have to weave in the ends. will do that today:cheer:hook

post-10093-135897701953_thumb.jpg

post-10093-135897701955_thumb.jpg

post-10093-135897701958_thumb.jpg

Okay so I was looking through a whole lot of squares yesterday and finally settled on a few that i like that I want to send out. I completed two yesterday. Here they are but i am planning to do more so many lovelie puffies so little time. I am enjoying this immensely. :cheer

I still have to weave in the ends. will do that today:cheer:hook

I absolutley LOVE the rainbow yarn in your square ! could you pretty please tell me the name of it? Please Please Please ?????? :hook

What a great way to start my weekend!:mail Two puffies arrived today!

:manyheart 6 squares total! :yay The first two are from katyallen8090 and the other pic with 4 squares is from bgs!! Thank you so much, ladies, for the beautiful squares!!! :day

post-20325-13589770196_thumb.jpg

post-20325-135897701963_thumb.jpg

Still havent heard back about my test results, the lady at the hospital that did the scan said the dr should have them back that day ( thursday), and I called the dr friday and they still havent gotten them back yet, so that doesnt ease my worries any.... But, what else can I do? Thanks for all the :hug s and well wishes, I love you ladies, you are all the GREATEST :D

:manyheart 6 squares total! :yay The first two are from katyallen8090 and the other pic with 4 squares is from bgs!! Thank you so much, ladies, for the beautiful squares!!! :day

Absollutely lovely squares :)

Absollutely lovely squares :)

They are going to look beautiful in my ghan whenever I get enough squares to put it together! It's so hard to be patient sometimes! :lol

Pardon me for yelling ladies but Iam so HAPPPPPY . I got my first Puffie yesterday and inside contained these three lovely and beautifully created Squares. THANK YOU BRENDA!!!!!!!!!! I ABSOLUTLEY ADORE ALL OF THEM!!!!!!! SO excited. I am just so happy:D

I got three lovely Lavender and Cherry Red Squares from Brenda (bgs) thank you so so much. They are so beautiful. Hubby to be like them too. Oh and i received a very beautiful card from her tooo. I am so happy:) :hug to Bgs(FGM) and :hug to everyone else too. Okay in the next post i will show you all the squares i got done yesterday. :clap:yay

all so lovely!

very welcome!

They are going to look beautiful in my ghan whenever I get enough squares to put it together! It's so hard to be patient sometimes! :lol

I know it's hard, but well worth the wait! have a great day everyone!

Archived