2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

(re:basjordan) You have done such an excellent job keeping us all on track. I appreciate your hard work. You rock! :2rock

Ditto that!

I finished another scarf last night, so that's two skeins I've busted this week (one was late Sunday night).

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My score is going to be horrible this week. I bought some yarn at Wal-mart on Sunday and today I went to Crafts 2000. They had the huge 10 oz. skeins of holiday sparkle type acrylic on clearance for $2 ea. I held myself back and only bought two. Then I spotted the cotton mill ends. A pound for $6.47 and a $1 off coupon, making them $5.47. Well that adds up to quite a few skeins. Then they had some reg. sugar n cream on clearance. And needless to say, I think my stashbusting score is going to be a huge negative this week. Even though I really did try to resist as much as possible. LOL

Last Sat. I went to Micheals in Boston. I got 4 skeins Sugar and Cream cotton :yarn (-8) :(. I didn't get to post because the library closes at 5 PM and it was 4:50PM (+/-) when I got back. They open at 2PM on Sun, too late again. A pot holder takes almost a whole skein so I made 3 potholders and 1 dish scrubby with the leftovers (+6) :cheer. I'm 1/2 way into my 4th pot holder, so I'll finish the last skein soon. Maybe I'll break even this week :lol.

WTD: - 2 YTD: + 16

Ellie 13

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +2 / YTD: +5

Well, last weekend I headed off to JoAnn determined to use the 50% off coupon and the gift card burning a hole in my pocket. To my utter dismay all the things I wanted (Caron Black Pound, Sugar 'n' Cream white, RHSS Artist Print) were on sale (the 50% was only for regular priced items) AND for less than 40% off! Dejected :(, I left empty handed. I'll have to wait until those things go back on regular prices so I can use the standard 40% coupon.

But, Hey! It means I will maintain my plus stash scores!:yes

I busted two small (well...tiny) balls (RH light seafoam & no name burgundy) on yo yo's for the January charity blast. So, +2.

-Marzee

2010 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +2/YTD: +5

Yo Yo’s for Charity

I finished the 4th pot holder :cheer and another skein (+2). Not enough scraps to make another scrubby though. A guy at work says to make one with a marijuana (sp?) leaf design on it. I don't know if he's kidding or not. If he brings me a pic, maybe I can make it like a graph-ghan (as long as he doesn't bring me a real leaf :lol). I got pics of my afghan for the Vanna's Choice Contest. I'm going to e-mail them this time. Wish me luck!

WTD: 0 YTD: +18

Ellie 13

I missed getting back to change my score last week for the skein I bought Saturday, so I'll add it in this week. I am currently sitting at -2 for th week, but I can pull out of this mess, I can I can I can...

I will end this year in the positives, I will I will I will....even if I have to make a ton of scrapghans....

I finally finished up a skein of yarn this week. so I am up 2 points. And I have stayed away from all the yarn sales. My willpower is strong!

:manyheart

I finished up a ball of yarn knitting a baby hat last night. So my scores will be as follows.

WTD=+3 YTD=+3

Now if I can just stay away from all the yarn sales, I will be fine. It helps not having much money.

:manyheart

:eek Cant believe it's already Saturday and I haven't had a chance to pick up my hook all WEEK!! :no:no It's an ugly rainy day here today, so hopefully I'll get some work done on my afghan. At least I haven't had time to buy any yarn either :lol

It's just starting to :flake here, 1-3" of accumulation expected, not too bad.

I've been working hard all week, but the thing is, I've been :froging just as much as I've been working. :irk

So far zero for the week. :blink But it COULD change, right? right?

Archived