Couldn't believe my eyes

On Friday DH and I went for lunch. While we were eating a girl parked her pram in a little alcove below where we were sitting. At one point DH said to me ' The blanket on that pram looks like the ones you make'. Well of course I had to look - and right enough it did. Eventually the girl and her little boy came over to the pram and when she was putting him inwe smiled at each other. So being brave I asked her if someone made the blanket for her and she said it had been a gift from a friend when her son was born and had been made by her friend's mother and it was her son's favourite thing and he took it everywhre with him. She then held it up to let me see it and it was one of MY blankets. I couldn't believe it! My son had got me to make it about a year and a half ago. This is the blanket

post-11507-135897407844_thumb.jpg

That is soo cool, so did you tell her that you were the friend's mother? Wow, to know that it is loved by the little boy and being used. It must make your heart swell with pride and joy. Congratulations

What a great story. I think that is one of the many benefits of this craft we all share. Knowing that something you made and has special meaning to you also means something to the person receiving is one more added benefit to this craft.:manyheart:manyheart Thanks for sharing

:ty for sharing your warm story. That is so great to learn something you made is so loved by someone. This should give you a warm and fuzzy feeling for a long time to come. Congratulations not only for a job well done but for a job that is well loved.

That is a great story to know that something you made is being used and loved by a little boy that is so very touching

That is so cool. Usually when we make a gift, we don't see it being used.

It is wonderful for you.

Awesome heartwarming story! When you give a crochet gift sometimes you never know what becomes of it. How sweet for you to get to see the love that you spread out in the world. :manyheart

Archived