WIP Week - Ap 27th - May 2nd

darski

LOL, I jump started, too. I wove in the ends to the little blanket I had. Now it's done, and looks nice and I have incentive to do more to get the projects out from under foot (almost literally!).

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I got all of my household chores done this morning so that this afternoon can be dedicated to whipping my WiPs :hook I'm making a charity square followed by a square for myself to get cracking on those two blankets :crocheting and I'm making sure to weave in the ends as I finish them ;)

WOW!!! look at you all GO!!! :cheer:cheer

I am back from my VERY fun day at the ballfields a little sunburned, but so thankful we had a glorious day! It was a lot of fun... I will share pics a little later on.

So... IT'S ON! for me :applause:cheer

My first order of completion is those bookmarks that need to be made by next week. Oh, AND I just HAD to join that Mystery CAL :devil (toldja I wuz a CAL addict! :heehee)

It sounds like many of us want this CAL to keep going beyond a week... pretty please :?:? :dreaming:wink

I am off to throw in another :wash, and get stitchin!

(...shhh that's the M/O: "but, Honey, I was doing laundry!" :rofl) ...feel free to use THAT line!!! :rofl:lol

I have about 23 wips.:blush About 4 are afghans and they won't get done this week. I finished something Saturday and purposely weaved in the ends before even thinking of starting another project and didn't even start that one (socks) because I have so many WIPs. I did frog a few things this weekend and that was fine. I used some of that frogged yarn on my scrap yarn afghan. Most of my WIPs are ends that need weaving in. I have 4 premie hats that have 2 ends each, no time to do, but haven't done them... a scarf with maybe 2 ends... Yea I'm pretty bad at that. So that's this weeks work.

Debbi

I got started a little early as well. Here is my new list.

1. Finish round ripple (2 rows left) - Complete

2. Coaster set for coworker - have to weave ends

3. Kitchen set for friend's mom's b-day. - about 1/2 done

4. Frogging of (known) UFOs. - done! My step-daughter volunteered and became my frogger and yarn ball winder.

5. Complete 1 UFO (approx 15-20 rows) that would be good to send for VJGC.

6. 2 Waves ghans (each approx 1/4 complete)

7. KISS Coaster swap (Partners assigned later this week)

For me, that's not bad for a weekend.

I have a couple of boxes left to go through. I may discover some additional UFOs or WIPs that need to be added.

I just remembered a shawl I never finished :blush so if I get the things done that are already on my list I'll move on to that :) I also have some knitting to frog 2/3rds of a sweater that won't fit anyone any more, so that'll be ball winding to add to my list too.

Whew!!! Nice to know I am not the only one who started early. Here is my updated list, as I did find some more things:(.

Finish son's v-stitch ghan (about 70% done)

Finish scrap granny square ghan

Finish black camo round ripple

Finish scrap round ripple- Completed :clap

Finish hexagon baby ghan

Weave in ends on a ton of bookmarkers

Weave in ends on a lap ghan

Weave in end on wash rags

Finish a shawl

Finish a bracelet bag

Start joining squares for another scrap ghan

Finish another scrap ghan

Finish March and April Scarves for the 12 scarves CAL

Wind some yarn and finish using up all these little scrap balls of yarn- Used up 3 balls

Finish and Weave in ends on 2 hats

Finish another bag found in closet

:yuck:yuck:yuck Here is the link to my ugly scrap RR that I finished.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=99172

Ok completed some of the things on the list today now on to more of my list I know I will have the poncho completed tonight since I have my skein gang at Joann's

1. weave in ends to a hat
  2. weave in ends to some dishcloths I've madeApril 27th
  3. I need to complete my cardigan
  4. I need to complete my daughter's poncho before her birthday in 2 weeks from tomorrow
  5. I need to organize my stash betterApril 27th
  6. I need to work on my wrap

WOW!!! look at you all GO!!! :cheer:cheer

I am back from my VERY fun day at the ballfields a little sunburned, but so thankful we had a glorious day! It was a lot of fun... I will share pics a little later on.

So... IT'S ON! for me :applause:cheer

My first order of completion is those bookmarks that need to be made by next week. Oh, AND I just HAD to join that Mystery CAL :devil (toldja I wuz a CAL addict! :heehee)

It sounds like many of us want this CAL to keep going beyond a week... pretty please :?:? :dreaming:wink

(...shhh that's the M/O: "but, Honey, I was doing laundry!" :rofl) ...feel free to use THAT line!!! :rofl:lol

I agree we need to keep this Cal going beyond a week because the way I'm going I'm getting more projects that I will need to work on

Looks like everyone is whipping along!

:yuck:yuck:yuck Here is the link to my ugly scrap RR that I finished.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=99172

That isn't an ugly RR, I think it is quite nice! And like you said, it will keep someone warm. I'm doing this CAL to get some WIPs done so that I can start doing a scrap-ghan or two, so I like to see what others are doing with their scraps.

Thanks for the laugh.:lol I might just use that one when I'm sitting on a lawn chair in the back yard while the laundry dries on the clothesline...technically doing laundry, right?:D

Well, I've had a busy day of laundry, errands, weeding the backyard, etc., etc.. I did manage to fit in 10 mins of crochet time while lunch was in the oven and might get a few more minutes in before I leave for work shortly. I am just itching to get these things done. Then I'm going to tackle those scraps! So, at this rate I might be up for an extended time period as well!

I'm just about to start my 4th square of the day :cheer Hoping that tomorrow afternoon I will be assembling my blanket :)

ScoobyDoo0811 - I LIKE your RR! You wait until you see my scrap blankets then you'll know ugly *lol*

I agree we need to keep this Cal going beyond a week because the way I'm going I'm getting more projects that I will need to work on

I agree!!! I am still finding stuff :( that I had completely forgot about. This is excellent motivation for me :yay:cheer:clap. :yes:yes Keep up the good work and will be back to see how much each of you get accomplished, as well as post what I have gotten done :yes:yes.

Happy :crocheting!!!!!! :hug:manyheart

Looks like everyone is whipping along!

That isn't an ugly RR, I think it is quite nice! And like you said, it will keep someone warm. I'm doing this CAL to get some WIPs done so that I can start doing a scrap-ghan or two, so I like to see what others are doing with their scraps.

TY TY!!!! I think I am just used to matching/coordinating my colors a little better when making something. But for this one, I was just grabbing those little balls of scraps not caring what color, but just if they were big enough to make a round or two :lol. I think the main part that I don't like is the dark green and the rust right in the middle. I have a couple more scrap ghans going and when I get them done I will post them too so that you can see :D. One of them I just love and tempted to keep for myself, as I usually donate them or give them to friends.

I'm just about to start my 4th square of the day :cheer Hoping that tomorrow afternoon I will be assembling my blanket :)

ScoobyDoo0811 - I LIKE your RR! You wait until you see my scrap blankets then you'll know ugly *lol*

TY TY!!! :lol:lol I will be anxiously awaiting to see your scrap ghans :yes:yes!!! I bet they won't be as bad as mine, but as it has been said numerous times, we are always the most critical of our own work, :lol:lol.

I am still finding stuff :( that I had completely forgot about.

:laughrollme too.

At work today I found a scarf and found 2 old dishclothes. The scarf needed finishing and I started it about 2 months ago, THAT I remembered. The 2 dischlothes only needed ends weaved in. The dischloths I completely forgot about:blush. I couldn't even identify the pattern... Then I had to frog one that I have no idea what hook size or pattern I was using. I aparently cut it from the cone of yarn for some odd reason... oh well. I have a ball of yarn from that to use for another dishcloth later, a center of one at least, it wasn't very big.

I finished those and have posted them on my blog.

Debbi

PS: maybe we could do this WIP Week the last week of the month. Starting on Monday and finishing on Saturday (this gives us the weekend before to organize our WIPs). Or maybe the last 7 days fo the month. This way we can work on new projects or even ones that are long (like afghans) through out the month and then the last week of the month go through our WIPs and track them and give each other motivation.

1-take pic of my kitschy toilet paper cover and seat :P

2-pack and mail my Hubby swap package and another charity package done

3-finish planning out my own kitschy pattern (hard to decide how to make surf look more realistic) sketch is done

4-complete one FULL set of socks (one almost complete)

5-Wind some odds and ends of yarn, and do some more rows on my scrap ghan done until I have more scraps to wind

6-Start a purse (got yarn ready)

7-Make cover for seat belt. (belt on new van scratches my neck)

Also have those two baby sets to finish, waiting for docs to tell parents what the gender is. But new baby great grand not due until late Oct.

Ladies, my heart is full today to see how all of you are doing this with such happiness. Thank you. It does bring up your happiness quotient when you can get something done and over with and they are usually pretties as well. :manyheart.

My own day has been productive overall.

I turned a failed bedspread into a really, really warm scarf The waffle stitch project was just that far along that I could finish the row and declare it to be a scarf. I will now need to make a hat but that should not be too hard. As a bedspread it was not going to work out so it was stalled for over a year.

I got several rows knit while riding the bus to collect my MM order. (That is so going to hurt my stashbusting. :rofl )

I put two small squares together with my newly acquired ability to do continuous join. I put another row of light blue around the squares but I think I will do a lavender for two more rows to be sure the snuggle is big enough to be useful.

I frogged decorative stocking which supplied the lavender yarn for above.

I think I am going to make up a bunch of yo-yo bits for that scrappy ghan I like so much. it gives me something to do with all those little balls that keep me from my 2 points in Stashbusting. (I only count finished skeins :wlol

Well I am getting something done which is better than getting nothing done.

WOW, you guys are making me feel bad now! I got 10 rows done on lacy and of course its almost 90 degrees here today. Nothing like a BIG HEAVY afghan on your lap in this weather. Hope to get a few more rows done tonight and melt off some pounds! HA HA

Ok...I haven't posted cause this is sort of embarrassing... I have a WIP from..... 1974... yep... its an embroidery piece..~sigh.... but I think I will work on that tomorrow... for 15minutes... I'm just not in the same mind frame as I was in 1974... the album cover to Teaser and the Firecat was so much more appealing then LOL...

I got my Mum's RR, that she wants for Mother's Day, from two rows to twenty-some. Ah, if only it all went this quickly :dreaming

Oh - I think I need this too. I sat here thinking I was pretty caught up on WIP's really, until I did some thinking about what's stashed aside "till I have more time". I realized most of them are for me. Figures, right... So, I need to work on MY things.

1. MY cardigan that I started so I could wear it for a party (come & gone)

2. MY shrug that I put aside last summer

3. MY blue shawl that I couldn't wait to wear because I love the color

4. MAYBE, the shawl I started using Berocco Gem. I started it but I'm not sure about it. I may just frog it.

Plus, I need to keep up with the 10 squares a week for the bedspread for my DS & DIL anniversary. If I fall behind, it'll just be another WIP. lol

May all of us be fleet of finger & our yarn not tangle. :lol

Oh! May I join late? I actually have been trying hard not to start new projects without trimming out one or two old ones first, so it's not as bad as it used to be... (WIM's are another story!)

I'd like to...

1. finish the pet bed,

2. finish two hats

3. make squares for my Irish chain afghan. (I doubt I can finish that in one week.)

4. work on my knitted scarf -- my first knitted project which is PAINFULLY slow for me.

I love this idea, darski! Thanks for sharing it with everyone!!!

Ok...I haven't posted cause this is sort of embarrassing... I have a WIP from..... 1974... yep... its an embroidery piece..~sigh.... but I think I will work on that tomorrow... for 15minutes... I'm just not in the same mind frame as I was in 1974... the album cover to Teaser and the Firecat was so much more appealing then LOL...

:whew... I thought I was the only one with 20 - 30 year old WIP's :rofl

Thanks, Lea! I feel so much better that I am not alone:lol:D

:hi, all!

today was spent knocking off a lot of WIP's (good news)

the bad news is that they were all Housework :yuck related... I don't know what happened to me :spin:spin some kind of weird Twilight Zone thing... I actually ENJOYED it!

I got almost 1/2 of bookmark #1 finished, though, and know what I will be doing for the rest (I think I will be making them all the same)

The best news is that I am ahead of the game for tomorrow, and will get a few solid hours to :crocheting guilt free!:yay

it is so cool to see everyone's progress :cheer

Thanks, Darski! You have motivated me into getting rid of WiP's in all areas of my life :hug:nworthy

See you all tomorrow, after I check in over at the Mystery CAL, of course! :devil

Welcome all. The only reason that I don't have 30 yr old WIPs is because I have moved so often they got lost. Believe me I would have them otherwise :rofl

I got a good bit done today all things considered. The pet snugglies were driving me crazy and getting in the way of my getting other stuff done.

I can't wait to start the Mystery CAL tomorrow and I have to admit that a couple of Dora outfits 'need' to be made. no really :wlol

A good beginning indeed

Archived