WIP Week - Ap 27th - May 2nd

darski

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End weaving has to be the worst part of crocheting! YUCK. Ive been trying to weave as I go and I honestly stay away from things with lots of ends. Guess I am lazy! LOL

I really hope I can make some nice head-way on the the lacy blocks afghan that has been staring at me with that "finish me please" look for so long! I am so close yet so far LOL so you guys need to give me a swift kick next week please!

...I have noticed my biggest issue is that I have a lot of weaving/tucking in of the ends. :blush...

Maybe there needs to be a weekend challenge to see how many people can weave in how many ends. :hook

I'm working on a granny square now. The squares have 3 different colors, so that is 6 ends on each square, then all those that happen when you start sewing them together. I think it takes doing one to really realize the annoyance to ends.

I keep thinking about this one. I don't have many WIPs, though after reading everyone else, I realize I'm normal for moving on to other projects before I finish something. I have 4 afghans in progress (plus a scraf) at the moment and a hundred WIMs. HeHe. I think instead of trying to get a bunch done I will focus on one afghan and work to get it done.

Now which do I pick?

The granny square that is almost 2/3rd done plus a border, but that I now need go out and buy 3 more skeins of aran yarn to finish?

The diamond one that I have done 10 repeated sections out of 14.

Or the round ripple that has three colors of six completed.

Hmmm.....:think

I say go for the diamond than I wont feel so alone! LOL. My lacy blocks has 12 pattern repeats and Ive done 7. Thats where I will concentrate. I think.

My yarn will be coming next week for the sweetheart ripple and I have promised myself I will not start it until I finish the lacy blocks. HA HA HA, myself is used to my broken promised when it comes to starting new projects! Geesh am I a mess or what????

You mean not weaving in ends count as a wip :lol:blush. I have a babette afghan that has tons of ends to weave in.. ugh. Most of it's done but not a lot of ends and 2 more boarders. (The Babette is an afghan with multi color rounds on various size sqaures).

Of course I have to clean a little Saturday and organize what I have (which will be great to do ) and see what I have. So Monday I'll post a list (depends how big it is) or a count.

Debbi

I would like to try, now that I have mailed out my charity stuff.

1-take pic of my kitschy toilet paper cover and seat

2-pack and mail my Hubby swap package and another charity package

3-finish planning out my own kitschy pattern (hard to decide how to make surf look more realistic)

4-complete one FULL set of socks

5-Wind some odds and ends of yarn, and do some more rows on my scrap ghan

6-Start a purse

That should be good for at least a week. Just have to stop looking at the charity section.

Also have those two baby sets to finish, waiting for docs to tell parents what the gender is. But new baby great grand not due until late Oct.

Well so much for prioritizing. Camera needs a charge, so I worked on packing up Hubby swap and charity, then did some work on sox while mechanic put new brakes on car, going to leave here, check out etsy and hopefully wind up the odds and ends.

I say go for the diamond than I wont feel so alone! LOL. My lacy blocks has 12 pattern repeats and Ive done 7. Thats where I will concentrate. I think.

Alrighty, I can do that. :) This is the diamond one I am doing. http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/AfghansThrows/SB300-003+Diamond+Trellis.htm

If I cracked down I probably could have it finished next week. :yes

Ok, I am in! I only have 4 things that come to mind, but I'm sure I will find more once I look.

1) finish pineapple fan shawl. I only have the edging and ends to do but for some reason the finishing is the worst part for me.

2) put together my scrap swap package. I have all of the balls wound, now to get them all in the same package.

3) my house-elf ami. The head is finished but nothing else. I need to go to Jo-ann's to pick up some safety eyes. This one may be the hardest because I'm not going by a pattern.

4) work on scrap snowflake afghan. I'd like to have half of it finished before the scrap swap CAL starts. I have about 10 more snowflakes that need edging, to reach that.

woo hoo!

looks like we have a fun group to "hang out" with next week! I am very excited!

Will be spending tomorrow at the ballpark. It's opening day for little league here, so it will be lots of fun! All 3 of my girls play softball (2 different teams), so after the parade, we have a "double header"... and the weather looks perfect :sun

I will check in tomorrow night... see you all then! :ghug

woo hoo!

looks like we have a fun group to "hang out" with next week! I am very excited!

Will be spending tomorrow at the ballpark. It's opening day for little league here, so it will be lots of fun! All 3 of my girls play softball (2 different teams), so after the parade, we have a "double header"... and the weather looks perfect :sun

I will check in tomorrow night... see you all then! :ghug

have fun tomorrow with your kids game and let us know how it went and maybe show us some pictures and we'll hear from you tomorrow night

I'm in. I am driving myself a little crazy with all the WIPs I currently have. I'll have to think about priority but the ones that come to mind first are:

A small granny square blanket for a lap throw that needs it's ends woven in.

Finish the last three strips to a MAM I started last year, weave ends and sew strips together,

Finish assembly on the Kitty dolls for my friends and mail out,

Finish hat for the hubby swap and mail box out,

Sew panels for Garden tote (to be used as tool box),

Finish the hairpin lace scarf for sister,

pick pattern for use with new sock yarn I almost literaly drooled on in the store,

and reorganize my petting zoo (I put my stash on some of my bookshelves, in no particular order... now it needs order.)

I will probably make finishing the MAM a priority since it's my oldest WIP, and alternate that with projects that can be quickly done. I find success breeds success for myself, so doing the easy stuff first means the more likely I'll continue.

Welcome Jenny, looks like you have your path cleared to start. I am almost afraid to find all mine.

@LeaAnne... have a great day tomorrow. Sounds like one of those days that will just fill your happiness meter for a while and the memory keeps it filling up over time. :dreaming

Well, it looks like I'll be spending part of tomorrow going through my WIPs to make a new list for this CAL. I finished both of the projects on my list today :clap. Am I in trouble for starting early?:eek It was a very nice, warm day here today. After spending the morning outside I found my favourite spot on the couch with a beautiful breeze coming in the window and just got to work.:crocheting

I posted pics here if you are interested in seeing my blankets: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=99114.

It feels so great knowing I got two WIPs done. Not only did I free up some space in my little over-flowing crochet corner, I can reclaim the two tote bags that these projects were living in for the past many months. :lol

So, I'll post a new list in the next couple days and might even get through more WIPs this week!

Oh, I'm in!

I'm going to keep my goal list small though:

1. Finish my 'brain-dead' afghan

2. Try to finish my mum's mother's day pressie (I'm always late with that) a pink afghan for her guest bedroom.

:crocheting

count me in! I have THREE squares to make and assemble for my very own blanket and have only had these three squares to finish for months and months, other peoples things get priority usually but this should make me finish it :D

1. My blanket

2.Broomstick lace scarf

3. Charity blanket

4. an almost completed shawl

5. Frog sweater & ball yarn

I also have blanket for my parents & husband in progress but have no chance of getting either of those completed in a week. I have 15 more skeins of yarn for the parent blanket and about 70 squares to do for the husband blanket!! he's greedy he wanted 80 squares

Welcome aboard all. It's nice to see all this commitment.

I am a bit annoyed with myself. I cannot find the notes for one of my doll patterns and I have already sent the original away so I can't even work it out from that. :sigh

I guess I will move on to another pattern and maybe recreate that other one another week.

My bed is covered with my current WIPs - well the bed is covered but not all the WIPs are there. I think of them as being "representative. :rofl

well whatever... We start tomorrow officially.. Oh and don't be surprised if you find me starting a Mystery Cal when I am supposed to be clearing away. But it's hosted by :heart so I have to do it :wlol

Well darski you got my attention with the Mystery CAL and I just joined in that too! Thanks I guess! LOL.

I managed to start two new WIP's this weekend. I have a def problem with self control as you can see but I WILL focus on the lacy blocks this week. YES I will.

Well, I just knocked out one of my "projects": I frogged my snowflake afghan and am using the colors to make the drum afghan. So I only have 3 to work on this week. I think I will be able to finish all of them! :clap

Ok here's my updated list for this week at least

1. weave in ends to a hat
  2. weave in ends to some dishcloths I've made
  3. I need to complete my cardigan
  4. I need to complete my daughter's poncho before her birthday in 2 weeks from tomorrow
  5. I need to organize my stash better
  6. I need to work on my wrap

I guess I have sort of started early. I came across a couple of things that just needed one more round to be a pet snugglie so I did those. A few things were barely started and needed to be frogged and the yarn wound so I did that.

I think that I will focus on the snugglies first this week because they can go any time and I have had them on the go for ages.

I have gone through all kinds of stuff and found all kinds of stuff but at least I am at a starting point to work on WIPs. Wish I had a clearer idea of what I want to have done by Sunday night. I might extend my WIP week for a bit just to tidy away some easy stuff.

I've been starting on it too. Did some more on my Sox, and only have a little more to do on ball winding. Made some more rows on Scrap Ghan (from cakes I have been winding).

My biggest challenge will be taking the pics, since I just hate taking pics, I only got this digital camera for the ville, but not happy doing it, :lol. It frustrates me because the camera doesn't cooperate with me, and the pics never look like I want them to.

I too need to jump in on this CAL. I have soooooooo many things that I need to get done. I will probably have to extend the date a little just to get everything done :lol.

Here's my list:

Finish son's v-stitch ghan (about 70% done)

Finish scrap granny square ghan

Finish black camo round ripple

Finish scrap round ripple

Finish hexagon baby ghan

Weave in ends on a ton of bookmarkers

Weave in ends on a lap ghan

Weave in end on wash rags

Finish a shawl

Finish a bracelet bag

Start joining squares for another scrap ghan

Finish another scrap ghan

Finish March and April Scarves for the 12 scarves CAL

Wind some yarn and finish using up all these little scrap balls of yarn

And I am sure when I start digging I will be adding to this list :lol. Most of these projects if I would just get started on them again it wouldn't take me long to finish, but instead I find a new pattern, get excited about it and start it when other things need to be finished first.

Thanks Darski for starting this. It will be a great incentive for me to complete all these projects looming over my head :).

I'm glad to hear others started early! Once you get thinking about something, it's hard not to just get at it. Here is my new list:

- finish an ugly (IMO), small, scrap squares afghan - just need to do two more rounds of edging. I haven't quite gotten the hang of joining squares nicely :(.

- finish a little pink sweater that just needs a sleeve and some embellishments and then make a little hat to match.

- find out if I have any navy yarn left to finish a BICO I made the body of many moons ago, edge it and add a button or two - if I don't have the yarn to finish it (the risk of WIPs), I'll frog it.

- wash the three blankets I've just (or just about finished) - two of them are going to a nearby Project Linus drop off box--perhaps I'll put a trip over there on my 'to do' list as well.

So, that is my goal for the week. I hate to admit it, but I'm feeling a little under the weather today, so hopefully I'll be raring to go tomorrow.

Happy crocheting everyone!

Most of these projects if I would just get started on them again it wouldn't take me long to finish, but instead I find a new pattern, get excited about it and start it when other things need to be finished first.

I have sooooo many projects like this! I always find new projects when I only have ends to weave or something on an old one, and the old one gets put in the back of the closet. :lol

Archived