WIP Week - Ap 27th - May 2nd

darski

I finished weaving in the ends of a lot of things. 4 premie hats. and 4 snowflakes. I made them a long time ago but never finished weaving in the ends.

I have other WIPs but have some new items I need to do, so the WIPs may have to wait. As usual... I think this CAL may help me not have WIPs, at least with ends to weave in, as I ilke to do new projects and having a bunch of left over projects isn't fun at all...

Debbi

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Way to go getting all those WIPs done Debbi-A1! Setting a few days aside to focus on those WIPs (even if it just weaving in ends) is a great idea. I have one item left on my list for tonight/tomorrow after which I am allowed to start a new project. I must say, I'm just itching to start a new project :D.

:cheer:clap:yay Great job ladies!!!! Lots of pretty pics and I see a lot of progress being made. I haven't posted in a couple of days as night before last I went to bed at 6 pm :eek. Haven't felt good the last couple of days but have got quite a bit done. I am :kick my own self, as I got in my yarn closet and found a bunch of scrap yarn and some more WIPs. Two of them were large grannies and I turned them into baby blankets. Here is my updated list and some pics, some of which were on my list and others weren't :lol. I think all this is going to take more than a week to complete, so I hope all of you will still be here to give me encouragement to finish and pleasure me with what you have accomplished.

Finish son's v-stitch ghan (about 70% done)

Finish scrap granny square ghan

Finish black camo round ripple

Finish scrap round ripple- Completed :clap

Finish hexagon baby ghan

Weave in ends on a ton of bookmarkers-completed

Weave in ends on a lap ghan-completed

Weave in end on wash rags-done

Finish a shawl

Finish a bracelet bag

Start joining squares for another scrap ghan

Finish another scrap ghan

Finish March and April Scarves for the 12 scarves CAL

Wind some yarn and finish using up all these little scrap balls of yarn- Used up 22 balls. Wound 17 with more to go

Finish and Weave in ends on 2 hats-done

Finish another bag found in closet

post-18481-135897400658_thumb.jpg

post-18481-135897400663_thumb.jpg

post-18481-135897400666_thumb.jpg

post-18481-13589740067_thumb.jpg

post-18481-135897400673_thumb.jpg

post-18481-135897400677_thumb.jpg

Oh Wow scooby... I love those large granny ghans/ Well I like them all but the grannies are just special. Good idea to bring them down to size too. :hug

Wow, you have accomplished a lot!! I love the bookmarks- is it a free pattern?

TY TY ladies :hug:hug!!! I am really trying hard to get some of this stuff completed and out of the way. I still have a lot more to go but at least I can see where progress is being made. Good thing is I am not starting anything new until all this other stuff is DONE!!!!!!!! I will post some photos maybe later tonight of the yarn that I have wound, boy is there lots of it. :( Just means that I have more scraps to use :lol as I am tired of seeing all these little balls laying around. My stepmother sent me a bunch of scraps, partial skeins, and some full skeins.

Yes Stacy those were made from a free pattern provided to us by a fellow viller, Teakaycee. Some of them I took her basic pattern, like the circle and square, and then I just added a shell border to them. I have also used her pattern and made the curly q and thong part and then made flowers, rabbits and other things. Lots you can do with her pattern. I like the curly q better than the fringe :lol.

Here is the link: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=82489&highlight=bookthongs&page=3

Have fun making them.

Well I made good progress on my afghan but not finished. I am just not enjoying it and avoiding it when I really just need to crack down and get it done once and for all. Instead I start new projects! HA HA I am a lost cause.

Great job scooby everything looks great and you got a ton done.

1-take pic of my kitschy toilet paper cover and seat

2-pack and mail my Hubby swap package and another charity package DONE

3-finish planning out my own kitschy pattern (hard to decide how to make surf look more realistic) SCRATCHED

4-complete one FULL set of socks 1 1/2 SOCKS DONE

5-Wind some odds and ends of yarn, and do some more rows on my scrap ghanDONE

6-Start a purse

:nworthy

Awesome job, you gals!

I will not be near my goal for the week, so I am already spilling into next week :sigh:blush...

The good news is that I will have a "wicked cool" present for me :c9 from the Mystery CAL (that will be bringing my ytd Stashbusting Score into the positives :jumpyay:woo), and is 1 thing that I wanted to do this quarter over at the "havin' fun and gettin' it done" CAL :yes

One of the patterns I am using for my bookmarks is the "Irish Lace Scarf CAL" pattern (modified a little) :rose

and I DID do that spring cleaning that will inspire the HAL/CAL :think

Wow!... am I a CAL addict :? !! :devil:rofl

Darski- This is the best CAL yet!

... just a heads up...

it's called "Some good clean fun?!"

oh, man....another CAL to join:lol

well, my DH is gonna LOVE this one! Maybe he will even become some kind of crochet enabler :rofl

ok.... back to business.... 1 more bookmark before bed.

See you all tomorrow! :ghug

:sleep:sleep I think I am about ready to call it a day/night. As promised, here are some pics of the yarn that I have been winding. Some of it took me forever and a day to wind as it was just a big pile of knots but I was determined to not throw it away and not cut it when I got to a big jumble of mess :lol. Some of the larger balls are from projects that I frogged.

The last picture is of the granny squares,saltines, and circles of hope that I have made using the scrap yarn. I have just been tossing them on the bottom of the coffee table :lol. And of course my favorite thing of all still has to be done, Weaving In the Ends :(.

post-18481-135897401025_thumb.jpg

post-18481-135897401028_thumb.jpg

post-18481-135897401031_thumb.jpg

post-18481-135897401034_thumb.jpg

post-18481-135897401037_thumb.jpg

post-18481-13589740104_thumb.jpg

I'm loving the pictures. It's great to see how much everyone accomplished in one short week! I got "hooked" into the mystery CAL by all the great press it got over here, and that side-tracked me, but I'm still pleased with the progress I made this week on WIPS.

Now to go join in with the good clean fun!!!

Wow! You got a lot done, ScoobyDoo. Way to go! Love the pics.

I'm hoping I can convince myself to work on that last item that I had on my list today, the little pink sweater. Feel free to give me a push, guys! I'm losing WIP steam :eek.

I'm hoping I can convince myself to work on that last item that I had on my list today, the little pink sweater. Feel free to give me a push, guys! I'm losing WIP steam :eek.

:kettle:kettle:kettle :cheer:cheer:cheer

here you go, Colleen... I am sending you some steam and some cheers. :yesYOU CAN DO IT!:yes

1 more thing off my list...

I posted my first pattern :clap

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=99412

I hope you get to enjoy it!

:cheer:clap:yay WTG!!!! Great Pattern!!! I will have to add that to my list, WHEN I finish all my WIPS. :xfin That I won't find anything else to add to my long list :lol:lol. TYFS :hug

TY TY Colleenka!!!! I will probably be posting some more pics later on today of things I have gotten done.:kick:kick:kick now go get that sweater done:rofl. Is that enuff push? You can do it :cheer:cheer:cheer. I have faith. :hug:hug:manyheart

Thank you for the :kettle,:cheer, :kickand pushes! I did it! I more or less completed my list:

- finish an ugly small, scrap squares afghan - DONE

- finish a little pink sweater that just needs a sleeve and some embellishments and then make a little hat to match. - Sweater is DONE - skipping the hat!:cheer

- find out if I have any navy yarn left to finish a BICO - frogged it

- wash the three blankets I've just (or just about finished) - two blankets washed.

Not bad for a week! What a great CAL to get things accomplished! Thanks Darski!

So, if any of you carry on, I'll be dropping in and cheering you on. I might join you again with WIPs in the future. But now I get to start some new projects for a change. :clap

Well I think I will spend the day finishing that bias knit scarf. it could be finished so quickly if I just did it.

I got several of the pet snugglies seen to so the week was well spent. And getting my May scarves done was major for me. It would be too awful if I didn't have a project ready for my own CAL :rofl

This has been great! I expect to put time into this stuff over next week as well.

...I am still in bookmark heaven...

:sigh I wrote out the list of teachers and staff that I need 1 for, and came up with 26 instead of 22:eek.

So with the 4 I have done, I am back where I started: 22 :sigh Bummer!

I don't think I will be able to do them all the same as I had wanted to (the Irish Lace pattern is just taking too long.) So I am going to mix it up... maybe if I do each one different I won't get bored and lose :kettle.

Off to :kick and :box:tryme:crocheting

I'll be here for this week, too, Darski...Be back a little later on.

Well the scarf is done and I made an earflap hat to go with. The good news is that I finished the scarf (and hat) and finished the skein so it adds to stashbusting :yay

Archived