WIP Week - Ap 27th - May 2nd

darski

I'm plugging along on one project, like a good girl, but it is taking a while. I'm done working for the week, which is a shame. I have more undisturbed crochet time at work.

I LOVE that poncho. The model is just exquisite, too. The sheep is cute.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:sigh... I haven't picked up my :hook yet this week:(

I keep hearing it call to me <hellooooo, I am over HERE!>, but life is yelling louder:eek.

I have been staring at my mom's "coming home" poncho, and I just don't like it... today, I am going to :frog it... it's been hanging around for too long, and I don't even think she'll wear it if I finish it :no

I think she could use a 'ghan much more, so I need to see if all of that Homespun (not my favorite yarn) will match to make her a nice big 'ghan for her bed :scrachin That would get of a WIP AND cure this itchy start-itis:lol

or maybe I will work on that dishtowel with FosterMom:devil

Sorry if I am sounding cranky...I think I am having :crocheting withdrawals :heehee ....I think I am just going to say "to heck" with it, and have myself some :crocheting:crocheting time...:yes:devil Yeah, that's the ticket!:devil:yes

You all made me :) today, when I popped in and saw what you've all been up to:manyheart... AWESOME work:clap

ttys-

:hug

I was with you darski on this thread but did not post for fear I wouldn't accomplish all I put in front of me but here goes!

I finished THREE Coming Home Ponchos - Leanne! Keep plugging!!!! I had to change the neck on a couple because dd complained of the "itchies" but the first bulky one I kept with the neck for warmth!

and my first Fat Bottom Bag - as well as a shawl for myself and a couple dishcloths!

I am hoping to get the shawls and the FBB on camera for pics to share soon!

:cheer:clap:cheer

Thank you, Mary, for the words of encouragement:hug

Ok... I'll give it till the end of the week :tryme and if it still won't cooperate... it's off to the :frog:frog pond!

and GOOD FOR YOU!!! for finishing all those WIPs!!!:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer That's so awesome! I agree w/ Darski... we need pics!

:ty again... :day

:cheerWTG fcc on the poncho and that little sheep is too adorable!!!!!

:clapGood job getting the kitchen set done Happy Old Cro!!! At least you started two more projects to keep you busy :lol.

Basjordan- You sound like me :lol. I am still plugging along on the same ole things. I keep telling myself, no new projects till the old ones are done. :yay You will be so happy when it is finished. Keep up the great work!!!

I am going to try to finish up at least one of these ghans today so I can :photo so you all can see. Keeping :xfin crossed as I would like to get at least one done and out of the way.

Happy :crocheting all and hope you have a great day!!!!

I will definately post pics I just have to get hubby to take some and then I can have him upload 'em - maybe in the next couple days...

~Mary

:waving

Mary, I am taking your advice, and am puttin:snail:snail along on the poncho... 1st side done almost to edging :whew

Thanks again for the :kick:hug

My mom is going to :faintwhen she sees it:clap:clap

I sat down with this wip, and "had a little chat" :tryme

:rofl

This time, I promise to not quit :grump ;)

...oh, and I am making this http://www.crochetnmore.com/looptoloopdishtowel.htm

when I need to step away for a few (which cured my "startitis" for the moment:lol)

LeaAnne, I love that dishtowel. I might try one of those for my kitchen. I am on a major buzz to get my house emptied of 'stuff' but I also want to add in stuff that is "more efficient' in the long run.

...oooh, you will like it, I think:yes

and it's a nice relaxing pattern. Great ending for a good "decluttering" day... pretty, and practical! My favorite kind of treat! btw, you should check out the pic of the one Colleen made over in the "good clean fun CAL"... it's a really sunny yellow :rainbow:c9

ok, break's over, time to get back to that poncho...:blush

I'm still working on my daughter's sweater, but I am progressing nicely, I think. I am almost done with the body of it. I hope to finish that part tonight.

Edit: I didn't get it done, but it's close! I should be able to knock it out in no time this morning.

2nd purse almost finished, just handles, flap and lining left. This one went so fast I am thinking of doing a 3rd one, then I will do all 3 linings at once (hate pulling out the sewing table for just one :lol).

Well, I've pretty much finished all of my original WIPs except 1 (but I've got until August to finish it so I'm pretty happy), thanks guys! :cheer

And...... I even found time to design a new ear flap hat for my daughter and my new nephew (born 4 days ago) :cheer.

Sooooo, my new list looks like this:

1) Finish square baby blanket (border and weaving in to go)

2) Work on black beaded shawl for me

3) Write up pattern for ear flap hat (it'll be the first time I've written a pattern, usually I just 'wing' it and hope it works!)

4) Start on a flannelghan for my parents (a housewarming present for when the new place is built - we're still waiting on council approval so probably not until mid next year)

Well, I'll be back over the next day or so to post some pictures, have a great weekend :)

I was such a good girl, concentrating on the sweater I'm making, but I had to alter the pattern for my long, lean daughter, and the sleeves have me a bit scared, so I've put it aside, and started working on another WIP, which is very boring, so I put it aside, and started a new project. :sigh So now my WIP list is...

1. granny squares "Irish Chain"

2. daughter's sweater

3. spiral afghan

4. sleeved afghan/wrap

5. the unending knitted scarf that will take me forever.

I am getting more and more seen to and out of the way. This weekend is given over to the charity event but next week I am going to give more serious effort to my Coronet doilyghan. I did some stash diving today to find colours for this weekend and I swear that doilyghan whimpers a little bit every time I pick it up but put it back down.

:whewI finally got some things done this week and last week. I can't believe it :lol.

Finish son's v-stitch ghan (about 70% done)

Finish scrap granny square ghan-Done

Finish black camo round ripple-Done

Finish scrap round ripple- Completed :clap

Finish hexagon baby ghan

Weave in ends on a ton of bookmarkers-completed

Weave in ends on a lap ghan-completed

Weave in end on wash rags-done

Finish a shawl

Finish a bracelet bag

Start joining squares for another scrap ghan-started

Finish another scrap ghan-Done

Finish March and April Scarves for the 12 scarves CAL

Wind some yarn and finish using up all these little scrap balls of yarn- Used up 30 balls. Wound 17 with more to go

Finish and Weave in ends on 2 hats-done

Finish another bag found in closet

And now the photos: The story behind the last lapghan (purple and white) can be found here

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=96902&highlight=child+lapghan

The black camo RR can be seen here

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1743855#post1743855

post-18481-135897408994_thumb.jpg

post-18481-135897409009_thumb.jpg

post-18481-13589740904_thumb.jpg

I've got a list of WIP's too! Currently I'm doing a rotation of the starred items.

Assemble and add border to two granny square lapghans for charity.

* Complete side two and put together the Shawler

* Worsted weight Vintage Vertical Stripe (VVS) afghan

* Complete big hook- double strand VVS

Finish off thread make up bag

That's just the crochet. I also have 4 cross stitch projects to finish and there's always scrapbooking.

I am unemployed right now (disability) and plan to use this time to finish off some of these projects! I have some repair work to do on a couple of afghans also.

:whewI finally got some things done this week and last week. I can't believe it :lol.

And now the photos: The story behind the last lapghan (purple and white) can be found here

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=96902&highlight=child+lapghan

The black camo RR can be seen here

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1743855#post1743855

Those are just lovely. i really like the pattern for your shelled stripes ghan. very nice. They are all pretty but a new stitch pattern catches my eye.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys - I finally have a couple pix of my wips!

I finished them back when I posted here but no pix till the dh could help me get them loaded onto Photobucket from the card...

So here's 2 out of the 3 Coming Home Ponchos DONE!!!:clap:cheer The third is dd's and is in her car so couldn't get that one but it is purple and white boucle...

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u117/shuttlebuggy/CIMG3923.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u117/shuttlebuggy/CIMG3925.jpg

This is my first FBB - I can't wait to make another - it was easy and really fun! I just want it BIGGER~ I am a big purse person:yes But I will be putting the button and loop closure on the next one as well for security and so my stuff doesn't dump out!:(

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u117/shuttlebuggy/CIMG3911.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Hey guys - I finally have a couple pix of my wips!

I finished them back when I posted here but no pix till the dh could help me get them loaded onto Photobucket from the card...

So here's 2 out of the 3 Coming Home Ponchos DONE!!!:clap:cheer The third is dd's and is in her car so couldn't get that one but it is purple and white boucle...

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u117/shuttlebuggy/CIMG3923.jpg

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u117/shuttlebuggy/CIMG3925.jpg

This is my first FBB - I can't wait to make another - it was easy and really fun! I just want it BIGGER~ I am a big purse person:yes But I will be putting the button and loop closure on the next one as well for security and so my stuff doesn't dump out!:(

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u117/shuttlebuggy/CIMG3911.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Very nice, and the bag looks scrumptious, :D

Very nice Mary. i really love that first pic with the yellow and purple one. Very very nice indeed/

Good work.

I have a couple more things done as well. I almost called for a June WIP week :rofl

I know what you mean!!!!

I forgot to show the inside of the fbb - it is lined with a very pale blue and pinkish rose fabric.

Now I am getting my stand mixer cover done (knitted) and also a tote.

Really trying to have just a "travel" project and home project going when I start up - otherwise it gets really crazy!

Oh I also did 2 towel toppers for part of a bridal shower gift. Forgot to get pics of those - but they were an herbal pattern design on the towels and I used RH Fiesta yarn that picked up the neutral and green tones, I then chose cute little dragon fly buttons to put on each - the bride-to-be loved 'em! She remember's all the ones I have done as gifts for her mom on the holidays - now she has her own for her knew place :)

~Mary

Archived