WIP Week - Ap 27th - May 2nd

darski

Just finished the 2nd sock, so that is done. Also started the purse I have been planning, I know this CAL is about finishing things, but to do the purse I had to finish other stuff, so thanks for this. Scrapghan continues to grow, and baby clothes still on hold. And that takes care of all my WIPS, NOW if you want to talk WIMs, :lol....

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just finished the 2nd sock, so that is done. Also started the purse I have been planning, I know this CAL is about finishing things, but to do the purse I had to finish other stuff, so thanks for this. Scrapghan continues to grow, and baby clothes still on hold. And that takes care of all my WIPS, NOW if you want to talk WIMs, :lol....

It was my opinion that some WIPs were un-begun before we started. I had to make the scarves for May - they were a requirement and on the list for me.

A couple of other things came up in much the same way for me. I am starting to think I am hopeless at following any rules... even my own! :rofl

I was thinking that I would offer to host it from the 21st to the 25th. I haven't heard anyone saying they would take it.

I think I will post an announcement and see if anyone stands up and salutes. ( I think I just mangled a famed American maxim :wlol )

In this instance, your menopause is not to blame... I don't think it was announced.

That sounds great. It's a long weekend here in the States. I will watch for the post then!

I, too, have had to focus more on deadline crochet that actual WIPs. So, to be truthful, I still don't fully know how bad my "start-itis" is :lol

I really hope I get to find out soon, though:blush

Have a great day, all... I probably won't be around.

I don't know how long the school decorating project is going to take.

I finished my 2nd set of coasters. Will post the pictures this evening. I have 1 more set of coasters for the KISS swap and some beaded bookmarks that have to be done by Friday. Have been crocheting like mad to get all this done by Mother's Day. Then I can slow down some. I have been wanting to work on some charity stuff and have found a UFO to complete for VJGC.

Congrats, Jennifer, on another finished WIP:cheer:clap

Today was long and busy, but fulfilling and enjoyable.

I didn't get to :crocheting at all, but that will be tomorrow's only gig:jumpyay

I'll stop by then, once I have my :mug & :hook

Hope everyone's well...:hug

As promised here are the FO (finished objects)

In order of appearance: Slippers, mittens and socks...Washclothes....Baby things....Circle in square afghan.. balance of afghans are for Babies. The last picture are three afghans made with squares from a co-worker (I have two additional ones in my WIP pile)

Thanks for looking :hook

post-3868-135897402231_thumb.jpg

post-3868-135897402235_thumb.jpg

post-3868-135897402237_thumb.jpg

post-3868-13589740224_thumb.jpg

post-3868-135897402242_thumb.jpg

post-3868-135897402245_thumb.jpg

post-3868-135897402249_thumb.jpg

post-3868-135897402252_thumb.jpg

post-3868-135897402256_thumb.jpg

I finished my Diamond Trellis Afghan and it only took me 6 months. :yay:clap:yay

I think we need to set aside the last week of every month for finishing up projects. It may help encourage us to finish up more things, or at least get us to tuck in those ends faster. :devil

Wow Kelly, you are making the rest of us look bad. Way to go with the WIPs.

Also, way to go Texas Sugar on the Diamond Trellis.

I would definitely be interested in participating one week a month on WIPs. However, my personal goal is to stick with this thread until my WIPs are complete (not likely) or the thread just dies out. This thread has been very motivational for me. Thanks again Darski for getting us started.

By the way, I finished my 15 beaded bookmarks that are due by Friday. Not a crochet item but definitely something that needed to be done. Now I can check it off my list and move on to the next item. I am planning on taking pictures tomorrow and will post soon after.

I finished my Diamond Trellis Afghan and it only took me 6 months. :yay:clap:yay

I think we need to set aside the last week of every month for finishing up projects. It may help encourage us to finish up more things, or at least get us to tuck in those ends faster. :devil

Congratulations of getting the trellis done. That one is a challenge to complete (in my estimation) :cheer:clap:cheer

I agree about using the last week as a finishing time. Let's see how it goes. With the summer coming up, it may be harder to keep that focus when the sun is shining and calling your name :wlol

It was my opinion that some WIPs were un-begun before we started. I had to make the scarves for May - they were a requirement and on the list for me.

A couple of other things came up in much the same way for me. I am starting to think I am hopeless at following any rules... even my own! :rofl

If that is the case I have 17 things on my list that haven't even been started in addition to the three on hold and the purse I just started.

2 more pairs of socks

Another purse

Kitty Kat afghan

Baby Hooded Poncho

Carousel with horses

4 Christmas Creches

2 Kitchen Towel sets

A bathroom set (someone requested after seeing mine)

A stuffed Kitty

3 hat & scarf sets

Don't think a week would have done it, especially since I may start them and then decide to change it.

I'm retired, senior moments rule me, I don't set rules :lol...

All are requests, charity and upcoming birthdays/anniversaries.

newest FO....my DD will be jumping for Joy :yay she states that I never finish anything for her.....

On to the next one on the list....another RR to finish

post-3868-135897402443_thumb.jpg

Here are the 2 coaster sets I completed for a coworker. The black and white set is for her bedroom which she has decorated in a zebra stripe theme. The purple set is for her mother's breakfast nook with a grape theme. Thanks for looking.

I finished my bookmarks and took pictures this evening. Will try posting those tomorrow.

Note: The coasters are actually the same size. The angle of the photo makes them look different sizes. I took the pics on my desk at work before giving them away.

post-23834-135897402496_thumb.jpg

post-23834-135897402499_thumb.jpg

post-23834-135897402501_thumb.jpg

post-23834-135897402504_thumb.jpg

Here are the 2 coaster sets I completed for a coworker. The black and white set is for her bedroom which she has decorated in a zebra stripe theme. The purple set is for her mother's breakfast nook with a grape theme. Thanks for looking.

I finished my bookmarks and took pictures this evening. Will try posting those tomorrow.

Note: The coasters are actually the same size. The angle of the photo makes them look different sizes. I took the pics on my desk at work before giving them away.

those are so cute I love that purple set of coasters purple is my oldest daughter's favorite color

:cheer:clap Nice work all!!!!!! I get to start :crocheting again. I am done with my exams :woo:jumpyay:woo so now I will be back to the list and try to finish what is on there. And probably find some more stuff to add :lol:lol. Will check back in tomorrow!!!

1st purse almost done, have to make lining and hot glue a couple of shells in place, (real sea shells). I'm calling it "Island Dreams", cause it reminds me of my home.

I Crocheted it all in Paton's Grace.

1. Finish round ripple (2 rows left) - Complete

2. Coaster set for coworker - Complete

3. Kitchen set for friend's mom's b-day. - Complete

4. Frogging of (known) UFOs. - Complete

5. Complete 1 UFO - approx 20 stripes at 3 rows each that would be good to send for VJGC - Completed 5 stripes

6. 2 Waves ghans (each approx 1/4 complete) - both on hold

7. KISS Coaster swap.

8. Finish Mystery CAL project - 1/3 done

9. Finish 2nd set of coasters for coworker - 1 of 4 Complete

10. Finish 15 beaded bookmarks for coworker for Mother's Day - Complete

11. Finish 2 baby blankets - each 1/2 done

12. Finish 2 purses - each about 1/4 done

13. Baby blanket - for niece or nephew

Today I updated my list. I finished all coasters and beaded bookmarks that were due by Mother's day. I also added 13 to my list due to finding out my BIL's wife is expecting. I have made blankets for my two nieces. Now to search patterns for the perfect bably blanket. I'm open for suggestions if anyone is willing to share a link to their favorite free baby blanket pattern.

Have a great weekend everyone. Happy Mother's Day!

Almost forgot to mention that I ordered my Edgery Doo yesterday. Looking forward to stalking the postman. They sent me an email saying it would ship on Monday and they included all sorts of tips. Does anyone else have one of these?

Great work, ladies!! You all are really coming along on your WIP's.

I, on the other hand, haven't worked on a thing all week. :( Last night I even started a new project for my scrappy swap partner and that has to be finished and felted by Monday. :blush

Yabba Dabba DOOOO!

Happy Friday!

:jumpyay...:yay

I finished and gave the bookmarks, with 15 minutes to spare.... I am so happy to be done with them :whew

The teachers loved them:manyheart

I fibbed about the pics... ran out of time. But this is what I ended up with: I used the basic MileAMinute pattern, started with light pink, went around with cream, and finished with light sage green. Everyone got the same one.

So tonight, I am going back to working on something for me:yay

I also added 13 to my list due to finding out my BIL's wife is expecting. I have made blankets for my two nieces. Now to search patterns for the perfect bably blanket. I'm open for suggestions if anyone is willing to share a link to their favorite free baby blanket pattern.

?

This wasn't written as a blankie but I would love to see it done for a baby. and then I wouldn't have to do it myself :rofl

Seriously, if you want classic and beautiful, you can't beat the Tiramisu

Warning - that link leads to a PDF if your computer is challenged by same.

Archived