WIP Week - Ap 27th - May 2nd

darski

I will be at the HAL/CAL if one appears. (LeaAnn hint, hint LOL) I got 10 rows done on my afghan. The pattern calls for it to be 12 blocks long but I may stop it at 10 cause it is plenty long right now. Doesnt hurt that I am on block 10 and really not loving it at this point! 3 rows of border is really going to stink with it being as big as it is.

Did you ever do something that is very pretty but you just want to be done already? That's where I now stand. :)

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well so far I have done 2 of the 4 repeated sections I have left on my Diamond Trellis. So now I'm down to 18 rows. 16 rows in the two repeated sections and a sc row along the top and bottom.

After tonight I am going to have to set all crocheting aside to work on a cake I am doing this weekend. I probably won't be able to pick up my hook again until Saturday evening, though I have a feeling I'm gonna be totally worn out then. :think

Oh and I could total use a HAL! The only thing is if it is a HAL/CAL I will end up not wanting to put down the yarn and hook to get back up and clean. I'm really bad about saying, "I'll do just one more row," over and over and over. :blush

I would be in for something like that. You're right- part B always does get lost in the equation. :think But it would be nice to see pics of what everyone has accomplished, as a motivator. :D

I just remembered that I have the Cut-away Cardi to finish, also. :blush I am only about 10 rows in, since I frogged it to do a one-piece body. I definitely don't know if I can finish that in the rest of the week. We shall see.

This CAL has been my motivator this week for sure! ...and the best part is a bunch of new friends :ghug

I have the cardi, too... but it is looking like it will be next week for sure...(btw, I :frog'd mine to do as a 1 piece, too!)

I was joking, but an HAL/CAL may not be a bad idea:think. It would be nice to have somewhere to brag about my housekeeping accomplishments (cough, sputter, cough). Goodness knows, if I get a word in edgewise in this house at all, no one gets excited if I tell them I cleaned the bathroom or did the dishes (and yes, it has been "one of those days" for me). A reward system usually works for kids, why not for crocheters?

boy, can I relate to that! spend hours, and in 10 minutes of 4 kids, dog and DH cyclone, :spin :spin... i end up :think I think we deserve a reward system! :cheer

Count me in for a HAL/CAL. When it comes to housekeeping, I always say that I'm a really good cook.

I finished my second hat and started working on more squares for my Irish Chain afghan. I'm very happy with my progress. I can say honestly that I wouldn't have gotten as much done today without this CAL.

at least you give an alternative! I usually have no excuse :rofl

I will be at the HAL/CAL if one appears. (LeaAnn hint, hint LOL)

Did you ever do something that is very pretty but you just want to be done already? That's where I now stand. :)

hint taken :wink

and yes, those pretty projects happen to me all the time!

Oh and I could total use a HAL! The only thing is if it is a HAL/CAL I will end up not wanting to put down the yarn and hook to get back up and clean. I'm really bad about saying, "I'll do just one more row," over and over and over. :blush

...and there's a problem with that because...?! :rofl

Wow, looks like we all have the spring cleaning bug!!!

Last night and today I changed all the curtains, pulled off the winter quilts, did linen wash, went through all my stash and took pics of everything, including wips and old stuff I never got to take pics of. 40 pictures!!! I just felt so much more energized and alive since the heat wave is gone. Now I have to load the pics up to PC. Some are blurry, but you can still tell what they are. There was no way I was gonna retake them.

Kitschy Toilet set [ATTACH]418[/ATTACH],

[ATTACH]419[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]420[/ATTACH]

Poor DH had to settle for some quick fried shrimp and broccolli with cheese sauce for dinner, too tired to make anything big.

10:30 and my first time on PC, my first real break.

Working WIPS

[ATTACH]423[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]424[/ATTACH]

No crocheting though.

Wow, looks like we all have the spring cleaning bug!!!

Last night and today I changed all the curtains, pulled off the winter quilts, did linen wash, went through all my stash and took pics of everything, including wips and old stuff I never got to take pics of. 40 pictures!!! I just felt so much more energized and alive since the heat wave is gone. Now I have to load the pics up to PC. Some are blurry, but you can still tell what they are. There was no way I was gonna retake them. Poor DH had to settle for some quick fried shrimp and broccolli with cheese sauce for dinner, too tired to make anything big.

10:30 and my first time on PC, my first real break.

No crocheting though.

WOW you sure got alot done! I wish the spring cleaning bug would bite me but its just crawling around being annoying but I am doing a darn good job of ignoring it! :blush Cant wait to see your pics.

Wrong season for 'spring clean' for me, more like gardening and nice long walks season. I do wish that cleaning bug would come visit me - would definately be in on a HAL, with some CALs rewards!

Hmmmmm it seems with Bub just over 5 months now it's hard to find huge blocks of time to do anything in (she's only sleeping for 1 1/2 hours during the day), but I can get a lot done 15 mins if i put my mind to it, then while she's sleeping I can have 'me' time.....

I did it! I did it! I finished my small, ugly scrap squares afghan. This has been a thorn in my side and I did it! It is ugly, because I'm not very good at joining squares, but here it is.

th_IM001002.jpg

So my progress to date:

- finish an ugly small, scrap squares afghan - DONE :cheer

- finish a little pink sweater that just needs a sleeve and some embellishments and then make a little hat to match.

- find out if I have any navy yarn left to finish a BICO - frogged it

- wash the three blankets I've just (or just about finished) - two washed and, once dry, ready to deliver to project linus :cheer

And now I am done with WIPs for today. I have 2 rows left on my mystery CAL item and then I'm off to work. After work I am joining some friends for the first meeting of a new scrabble club (really an excuse for a girl's night out!).

That is very pretty. I wouldn't call that a scrap ghan but we each view the world in different ways. I just like it a lot! :manyheart

Thanks Darski! I call it a scrapghan because it is all leftover yarn. I didn't buy any yarn for the project and I made it to use up scraps. There are even different types of cream yarn in there, some of which came from my mom's scraps.

Well I think someone needs to come over here and kick my butt, I've done less crochet this week than I normally would when I'm supposed to be doing more!

but I will put my hands up to three new projects, I was introduced to the joy of thread and I've completed two doilies & started a third....I know it's not the news I'm supposed to be sharing here but hey I can't help myself.

WOW you sure got alot done! I wish the spring cleaning bug would bite me but its just crawling around being annoying but I am doing a darn good job of ignoring it! :blush Cant wait to see your pics.

Me, too!! :lol Last week, I cleaned out the drawers in my kitchen. That has to count for something. :D I guess the spring cleaning bug hasn't made its way out to CA just yet.

Me, too!! :lol Last week, I cleaned out the drawers in my kitchen. That has to count for something. :D I guess the spring cleaning bug hasn't made its way out to CA just yet.

Yuck, cleaning out kitchen drawers is not fun. At least in my house, there are the catch all for everything. I think you better rest now Stacy and treat yourself to some crochet time. :yes

Mine are definitely a catch-all. My dh gets frustrated every time he has to look for something in one of them. :blush I know where everything is...I call it organized clutter. :hook

Colleen- your afghan is so pretty!

Well I think someone needs to come over here and kick my butt, I've done less crochet this week than I normally would when I'm supposed to be doing more!

but I will put my hands up to three new projects, I was introduced to the joy of thread and I've completed two doilies & started a third....I know it's not the news I'm supposed to be sharing here but hey I can't help myself.

wow! 2+ doilys in a week?! :nworthy

:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer good for you! that is AWESOME!

can you share pics?

Yuck, cleaning out kitchen drawers is not fun. At least in my house, there are the catch all for everything. I think you better rest now Stacy and treat yourself to some crochet time. :yes

Hey! I have those kind of drawers in my kitchen too...but I know exactly what's in them:blush:eek

Stacy, I agree that you earned some good :crocheting time for that project!

I did it! I did it! I finished my small, ugly scrap squares afghan. This has been a thorn in my side and I did it! It is ugly, because I'm not very good at joining squares, but here it is.

th_IM001002.jpg

So my progress to date:

- finish an ugly small, scrap squares afghan - DONE :cheer

- finish a little pink sweater that just needs a sleeve and some embellishments and then make a little hat to match.

- find out if I have any navy yarn left to finish a BICO - frogged it

- wash the three blankets I've just (or just about finished) - two washed and, once dry, ready to deliver to project linus :cheer

And now I am done with WIPs for today. I have 2 rows left on my mystery CAL item and then I'm off to work. After work I am joining some friends for the first meeting of a new scrabble club (really an excuse for a girl's night out!).

I love that 'ghan! I agree with Darski.... definitely NOT Scrappy! it's really lovely.

Enjoy Girl's Night... Oh. *ahem* I mean Scrabble Club:devil

I finished bookmark # 2, and started # 3.

I just finished catching up on the Mystery CAL.

then I did some PTO stuff... that's getting busy again with spring.

I didn't do much of anything else... I am a little tired today... going to call it an early night and hit it tomorrow.

have a great night, ladies! see you tomorrow :yawn

Enjoy your "Scrabble club!" :clap

I haven't been able to work on anything all day. I am hoping to finish my FBB after the girls are in bed. I decided against lining it, since I didn't want to go out to find a lining, then wait for the glue to dry, etc...before finishing it. (I cannot sew very well so I use Liquid Stitch for my linings. :blush)

At this point, my Primary WIPs had to be my May scarves (I just about wrote April scarves... I am trying so hard to eliminate May from the calendar this year :sigh )

I have just put the last blossom on my 2nd scarf and the first one has dried and is fairly well set to go.

OK... now I can get back to putting rows on pet snugglies. :whew

I was really concerned that I would miss a deadline for the scarves CAL. :( But they are done and ready for photos tomorrow. I'll be using the new upload system.

YAY - I managed to finish one of the round ripples and added two rows to the 2nd, only 2 to go!!!! :cheer

Didn't do any other crocheting though - but off topic I played my 2nd soccer match since having my baby (we lost :( ) and I'm injury free (touch wood :))

I was without my computer for 24 hours so I made it through some of my WIPS: finished off the H-D hat, finished 3 days worth of the Mystery CAL, finished my plarn doormat, and sewed the sides together for the Garden tote that will become my tool bag.

Why is it that I seem to have done none of the WIPs that I originally said I would? But I've definitely gotten things done and cleaned up my pile.

Kookaloo_starr- that is beautiful! Great job. :clap

Darski- can't wait to see those scarves!

I finished the FBB last night. Michael's has fake flowers for $1 so I'm going over there after I drop dd at school to see if they have one to match my bag. Then I will post a pic.

Today I need to work on dh's afghan. It is a checkerboard pattern based on the flannelghan pattern. He wants me to add red to the top and bottom edges so he can tell the top from the side. :think

:faint:drool Awesome job, Kookaloo! I really love it!

good for you, Mum2lara on your soccer match! :cheer:cheer:cheer

:blushI must confess that I truly envy anyone with athletic ability...

good morning, everyone :ghug

I just finished all my morning 'gotta do's... so I am off to try to make a serious dent in this bookmark project. If i get to buy batteries for the camera, I will post pics when they are done... so far, I am pleased with them.

See you all in a bit!:manyheart

Archived