WIP Week - Ap 27th - May 2nd

darski

So.... :? :? who's gonna stick around next week besides me? :clap

I have more to do still, and things just keep taking me longer than they used to. :blush Everytime I estimate how long, I keep thinking that I was at my old speed... now everything takes twice as long :sigh

Oh, well, at least it's fun:devil and still rewarding:manyheart

I guess it's gonna take a while to retrain my hands to autopilot like I had before kids, right?:think:think

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have more to do still....

I too have more on my WIP list (23 items) have barely been started and I don't want to frog them :frog so I will be here again next week....I just wish I could get through the skeins of yarn to help with the Bustin the Stash CAL :hook

Well it looks like I be working on these in a :snail or :turtle pace

:lol

I finished 2 afghans and delivered them last week.... this weekend I need to finish up a pillow and a se tof dishcloths for a wedding present...and I have a 12 inch square to do for a swap.... a baby ripple ....probably enough to tied me over for a couple days LOL

I too have more on my WIP list (23 items) have barely been started and I don't want to frog them :frog so I will be here again next week....I just wish I could get through the skeins of yarn to help with the Bustin the Stash CAL :hook

Well it looks like I be working on these in a :snail or :turtle pace

:lol

I finished 2 afghans and delivered them last week.... this weekend I need to finish up a pillow and a se tof dishcloths for a wedding present...and I have a 12 inch square to do for a swap.... a baby ripple ....probably enough to tied me over for a couple days LOL

Cool! :yay

This wasn't written as a blankie but I would love to see it done for a baby. and then I wouldn't have to do it myself :rofl

Seriously, if you want classic and beautiful, you can't beat the Tiramisu

Warning - that link leads to a PDF if your computer is challenged by same.

Thanks Darski for sharing the links. I really like the way the Tiramisu looks. I am going to have to add that one to my to do list, not that I need any more on there :lol:lol.

I have more to do still, and things just keep taking me longer than they used to. :blush Everytime I estimate how long, I keep thinking that I was at my old speed... now everything takes twice as long :sigh

Oh, well, at least it's fun:devil and still rewarding:manyheart

I guess it's gonna take a while to retrain my hands to autopilot like I had before kids, right?:think:think

I will be here this coming week also, as I still have a lot on my list to do. Finishing up school interfered with my progress:lol, but I am more than ready to start back :crocheting. I did work on some squares for a charity blanket last night that is on my list but won't scratch it off till it is completely finished. So, I will be joining you!!!!!! I will probably be here the week after that too, seems as if my list is growing longer instead of shorter. I need to quit digging in the yarn closet and yarn totes, cuz every time I do, I find more and more. I found a christmas tree, snowman and a bunch of little bunnies (lapel pins/magnets) just a few days ago :(, that I started last year/beginning of this year :lol. Guess I will have to add those to my list too.

Have a great weekend all!!!!! Will be stopping by late tomorrow evening to check in :hug:hug

Good morning! :coffee

I am glad to see that a few of us still plan to hang around for another week...:manyheartthis is a really fun CAL!:hook:yes

I need to figure out what I want to work on, including making a list of my WIPs:lol

Happy Mother's Day weekend!!!:yay

yeah I'm here,too working on a wrap for my friend's mom for Mother's Day almost done have about 2 inches to go on it and it will be all done and ready to give her so that will be one wip down and I have to work on piecing my daughter's poncho on her birthday in the skein gang at Joann's

I officially completed my list for this CAL today by taking two of the blankets I finished to the Project Linus drop off box near my mom's house :cheer. Feels good to get them done and hopefully off to someone who needs them!

Continued good luck with your WIPs everyone!

Shells all finished, just lining left, and got to make a hat last night too (turned off pc waiting for storm that never got here). I'm here as long as it gets some of my WIP/WIM stuff done!!! Nothing special planned til this stuff is done. Taking a rest from classes/swaps for awhile.

I have 17 things on my list that haven't even been started in addition to the three on hold and the purse I just started.- done, needs lining

2 more pairs of socks

Another purse

Kitty Kat afghan

Baby Hooded Poncho

Carousel with horses

4 Christmas Creches

2 Kitchen Towel sets-started

A bathroom set (someone requested after seeing mine)

A stuffed Kitty

3 hat & scarf sets-One hat done

This wasn't written as a blankie but I would love to see it done for a baby. and then I wouldn't have to do it myself :rofl

darski - We must have been on the same mental plane on Friday. I had come across the Tiramisu pattern by accident (was looking at the pattern a day calendar and it was a freebie there) before leaving work. We got off early and I knew I would have close to an hour waiting for my step-daughter's school bus. I printed the pattern, made a quick trip through Wally World and got started while waiting.

I checked the link for the spiral dishcloth and might try that as a secondary project. In wishful thinking, I started the Tiramisu in blue. I have plenty of other baby weight yarn and might start the spiral as just-in-case.

Will post pics of both as the come along.

I will definitely be here next week. This week I finished my coasters for coaster swap (just have to take care of the ends) and did a bunch of beaded bookmarks (charity). I only got a little done on a few other projects but plan on spending more time on them today.

Happy Mother's Day!

I was doing SO well, finishing projects before starting new ones, but then I saw the spiral, and wanted to try it in an afghan, too, and there was all this lovely, soft yarn at Michael's on clearance that came home with me, and .... My WIP list is growing again.

By the way, if anyone tries the spiral, I couldn't figure out where to start the second color, so I'm doing my own thing with it. If you can figure it out, please explain it to me!!!:think:scrachin:shrug:confused

By the way, if anyone tries the spiral, I couldn't figure out where to start the second color, so I'm doing my own thing with it. If you can figure it out, please explain it to me!!!:think:scrachin:shrug:confused

I posted some pics for the beginning of row 1 in the Help forum

I have started a couple of new things myself so I know how that goes.:blush

:rofl

I posted some pics for the beginning of row 1 in the Help forum

I have started a couple of new things myself so I know how that goes.:blush

:rofl

Thank you. :tyThe pictures are just what I needed! I think I'm going to continue the afghan I'm making in my own crazy pattern, but I am glad to have your tutorial for another time.

Don't you just LOVE that new project smell? I'm afraid I may be addicted to it!:laughroll

Amazing. I just updated my list after completing my coasters for the KISS swap and my completed list is actually as long as my to do list. :think Surely I have missed something.

To Do -

1. Complete 1 UFO - approx 20 stripes at 3 rows each that would be good to send for VJGC - Completed 5 stripes

2. Finish 2 baby blankets - each 1/2 done

3. Finish 2 purses - each about 1/4 done

4. Baby blanket - for niece or nephew

5. Finish Mystery CAL project - 1/3 done

6. 2 Waves ghans - each approx 1/4 complete

7. Hubby CAL - LSU ghan - will start after May charity (Memorial) weekend

Completed

1. Finish round ripple (2 rows left)

2. Coaster set for coworker

3. Kitchen set for friend's mom's b-day.

4. Frogging of (known) UFOs.

5. KISS Coaster swap.

6. Finish 2nd set of coasters for coworker

7. Finish 15 beaded bookmarks for coworker for Mother's Day

So you guys are still here huh? :clap Well I have an official list now:

Round Ripple for a graduation

Panel Afghan for my Elder

Shawl (started just because, not sure I like it but will finish for Pine Ridge)

Dishtowel for HAL/CAL (two rows done..wow!)

Heart Squares for Charity ghan. (2 done )

Flowerghan for my daughter (so close yet so far)

I will not start another project, I will not start another project, I will not start another project................:devil

Well I got two wips done I finished the poncho yesterday I have my daughter Margaret in it showing the front and the back and today I finished the lamb here are the pictures

post-23521-135897405308_thumb.jpg

post-23521-13589740531_thumb.jpg

post-23521-135897405313_thumb.jpg

Well I am still here just :crocheting along. I am still trying to use up all these little balls of scraps. Seems like the more I use, more just reappears :lol:lol.I don't think I will ever get this list completed. But at least I am trying. I did get some hats made today with some of those little balls of scraps and I have started joining all those squares.One good thing about this is, when I get bored with one thing, I have something else I can pick up and work on.

Finish son's v-stitch ghan (about 70% done)

Finish scrap granny square ghan

Finish black camo round ripple

Finish scrap round ripple- Completed :clap

Finish hexagon baby ghan

Weave in ends on a ton of bookmarkers-completed

Weave in ends on a lap ghan-completed

Weave in end on wash rags-done

Finish a shawl

Finish a bracelet bag

Start joining squares for another scrap ghan-started

Finish another scrap ghan-added about 30 rows

Finish March and April Scarves for the 12 scarves CAL

Wind some yarn and finish using up all these little scrap balls of yarn- Used up 30 balls. Wound 17 with more to go

Finish and Weave in ends on 2 hats-done

Finish another bag found in closet

Finished one kitchen set, started 2nd purse and baby poncho...

purse - done, needs lining

2 more pairs of socks

Another purse -started

Kitty Kat afghan

Baby Hooded Poncho-started

Carousel with horses

4 Christmas Creches

2 Kitchen Towel sets-1 finished

A bathroom set (someone requested after seeing mine)

A stuffed Kitty

3 hat & scarf sets-One hat done

Well I am still here just :crocheting along. I am still trying to use up all these little balls of scraps. Seems like the more I use, more just reappears :lol:lol.

:lol , I know how that feels, sometimes I think I can hear them giggling at me.

Well I got two wips done I finished the poncho yesterday I have my daughter Margaret in it showing the front and the back and today I finished the lamb here are the pictures

Very nice, cute lamb...

So you guys are still here huh? :clap Well I have an official list now:

Round Ripple for a graduation

Panel Afghan for my Elder

Shawl (started just because, not sure I like it but will finish for Pine Ridge)

Dishtowel for HAL/CAL (two rows done..wow!)

Heart Squares for Charity ghan. (2 done )

Flowerghan for my daughter (so close yet so far)

I will not start another project, I will not start another project, I will not start another project................:devil

Wow, you have the same record I have!!! :lol, didn't work for me...

Archived