WIP Week - Ap 27th - May 2nd

darski

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Baby Ripple Blanket (finished)

2) Sort out stash (complete -took a few hours, but at least I know what I've got now)

3) Frog open work throw I started about 5 years ago - then later start on Mum and Dad's flannelghan (change of plan - gonna add throw to WIPs list - if I can work out the pattern, coz I found other yarn to do the flannelghan with)

4) If yarn arrives finish 2 round ripple blankets (yarn arrived this afternoon, finshed 1 row on rainbow one now only have 1 row to go on this one, and 4 to go on the blue/yellow one)

5) Work on square baby blanket (I'm only about half way into this, but I'm really enjoying this one so I'll leave it til last as an incentive ;) )

6) Work on open work throw

7) Start black beaded shawl for me (I found some beautiful yarn and silver beads complete with pattern ready to go, but I'm gonna be good and finish what I've already started first!!!)

Well, off to coach junior soccer, then training myself, so wont get much more done today...... Good luck and see everyone tomorrow.....

I have a day at the mall (bringing my computer to the Apple store for some work and need to stay for it), so I'm going to bring a couple of my small projects and take up residence in one of the comfortable spots while I wait for the repairs.

This is such a supportive, motivating group. I'm enjoying these posts so much.

I fnished crocheting a hat yesterday, and worked in the ends today. I am working on the second hat now. I hope to finish it AND make progress on my other projects today.

I'm getting bits and pieces done so it is working but not much to look at. :sigh

Well not all of us. Last night I didn't feel like working on my scarf. I didn't work on crochet at all, just was a couch potato... eating sweets instead of potatoes:lol.

I didn't get any crochet done yesterday. I went home after work and got some much needed rest. But I feel tons better today and will continue with my list today after work. Work has been totally chaotic because we have a Quality Audit next week. I will definitely be looking for some crochet time in the evenings.

Great work everyone. I love seeing all the pics and will try to post some myself tonight or tomorrow.

mornin', all!

I, too, haven't accomplished as much :crocheting as I would have liked, but I am not discouraged.... in fact, today I am excited as all get out...

this morning I dropped my darlins' at school, came back, put the iPod up full blast, and TOTALLY cleaned 3 rooms (including closets, windows, and curtains!)

:woo:jumpyay:dance:yay

i can't tell you the last time I did THAT... and I won't tell how PAST DUE I was:blush

Now the rest of the day is mine, so I am off to :crocheting on my deck in my favorite chair!

hmmm:scrachin I wonder if I should add all of these finished WIPs to my list?! :lol

hmmm:scrachin I wonder if I should add all of these finished WIPs to my list?! :lol

I say go for it!!!

I am a big fan of adding "done" things to my "To do" list :rofl

this morning I dropped my darlins' at school, came back, put the iPod up full blast, and TOTALLY cleaned 3 rooms (including closets, windows, and curtains!)

:woo:jumpyay:dance:yay

i can't tell you the last time I did THAT... and I won't tell how PAST DUE I was:blush

Now the rest of the day is mine, so I am off to :crocheting on my deck in my favorite chair!

Wow! You deserve some good crochet time! If you want to feel more of a sense of accomplishment, you can come clean my house, too!!!:lol

Wow! You deserve some good crochet time! If you want to feel more of a sense of accomplishment, you can come clean my house, too!!!:lol

Too funny, I was thinking of asking her the same thing!

ummmm :blush no thanks?

:rofl

Making 1 DH faint:faint was really enough :rofl

You are so so funny! But seriously, you should be very proud. 3 rooms is an amazing accomplishment. Some days I'm lucky if I get 3 things done period. :sigh I'm afraid today might be one of those days at the rate I'm going! :blush

Colleenka, that's how my day has been today. The only thing I managed to do was wash the dishes!

Looks like there are at least 2 of us who could use a HAL - Housekeeping Along. :lol

Looks like there are at least 2 of us who could use a HAL - Housekeeping Along. :lol

Add one more to the list:blush I'm hoping I have enough laundry to last the week until Saturday when I go to the launry mat... don't really want to go before... Even though I usually sit there and crochet while waiting, can't do much else, so it's a good excuse... but...

Debbi

I would join in the housekeeping along as well. I cleared off my dining room table today. I need to get it in gear, my sons prom is next week but the kids dont take pics at the house anymore, they all meet somewhere "fancy" and take them. Mine were on my parents front porch but my son wants no part of that! Go figure.

Ok, weather is cooler so I will make progress on the afghan tonight. I dont see it being done before this CAL is over though. We need an ongoing WIP CAL for me. LOL

I would join right in with the House-keeping Along! We could clean for 15 minutes, then crochet for 15 minutes as a reward, then check in here for 15 minutes to update...er, well...that might not work out so well after all! LoL

I haven't accomplished anything crochet today...I did buy more yarn to finish my FBB and tonight hopefully I will have a chance to at least finish the body.

Tomorrow we have Mommy and Me for the whole morning and of course the afternoon is shot with homework, dinner, etc. In the evening I plan to work on adding more rows to dh's afghan. He wants me to add some red at the ends so he can tell if he's using it the wrong way. :think

Fly lady is great if you actually do more than read her emails! LOL. I just want a clean start so if anyone wants to come over and clean or send me a cleaning service I wont stop you!

I've been trying to declutter too. That's why I'm doing WIPs and then lining up to make scrap projects. Trying really hard not to buy yarn. It feels so good to get rid of stuff. SO GOOD! ....with that said, I haven't done any WIPs today...got caught up in that Mystery CAL. :eek However, I am very proud of what I've already accomplished this week and already consider it a success! Don't worry, I'm not done yet, but I'm pleased.

I checked out flylady once and she looks fun, but I'm a really literal person and she said to "shine my sink"...I have 3 sinks, so I got all confused :lol.

:rofl :rofl

well, well, well.... look what I started! You all are awesome! I haven't laughed this hard in a while...

Oh, And please, don't be fooled... I probably won't have another day like this for at least 6 months:blush! I just got tired of waiting for that housecleaning fairy to come and :2magic:mdust it clean, and have finally come the sad conclusion that I will NEVER be Tabitha on "Bewitched" :rofl

seriously, though, should we do a HAL/CAL? It's not a bad idea, especially since there are so many of us who could benefit. And I agree, for every X amount of time spent cleaning, we earn the same amount of time to :crocheting. It always seems to me that part B of this equation tends to get lost, right? And the "winners" each week would be all of us...being able to :drool over all the pics of AWESOME finshed projects!:yay Such a Deal!!!:devil

:scrachin I am going to give this some thought while I work on my bookmarks tonight... I am a little behind on them now :sigh.

Oh - I think I need this too. I sat here thinking I was pretty caught up on WIP's really, until I did some thinking about what's stashed aside "till I have more time". I realized most of them are for me. Figures, right... So, I need to work on MY things.

1. MY cardigan that I started so I could wear it for a party (come & gone) (haven't touched it yet)

2. MY shrug that I put aside last summer (added 8 rows. Maybe another 4 & I can add the edging)

3. MY blue shawl that I couldn't wait to wear because I love the color (Added 9 more rows. about 3/4 done)

4. MAYBE, the shawl I started using Berocco Gem. I started it but I'm not sure about it. I may just frog it. (still not sure about it. Pretty, but will I use it...)

Plus, I need to keep up with the 10 squares a week for the bedspread for my DS & DIL anniversary. If I fall behind, it'll just be another WIP. lol (made 5 squares)

May all of us be fleet of finger & our yarn not tangle. :lol

I would be in for something like that. You're right- part B always does get lost in the equation. :think But it would be nice to see pics of what everyone has accomplished, as a motivator. :D

I just remembered that I have the Cut-away Cardi to finish, also. :blush I am only about 10 rows in, since I frogged it to do a one-piece body. I definitely don't know if I can finish that in the rest of the week. We shall see.

1) pineapple shawl- finished.

2) box up scraps for Scrappy Swap.

3) house-elf ami- frogged, not enough yarn

4) finish FBB.- bought yarn to finish, hopefully tonight.

5) add rows to dh afghan.

6) cut-away cardi- 10 rows in

I was joking, but an HAL/CAL may not be a bad idea:think. It would be nice to have somewhere to brag about my housekeeping accomplishments (cough, sputter, cough). Goodness knows, if I get a word in edgewise in this house at all, no one gets excited if I tell them I cleaned the bathroom or did the dishes (and yes, it has been "one of those days" for me). A reward system usually works for kids, why not for crocheters?

Count me in for a HAL/CAL. When it comes to housekeeping, I always say that I'm a really good cook.

I finished my second hat and started working on more squares for my Irish Chain afghan. I'm very happy with my progress. I can say honestly that I wouldn't have gotten as much done today without this CAL.

Archived