WIP Week - Ap 27th - May 2nd

darski

some pics of the projects I was working on

The scrapghan

[ATTACH]714[/ATTACH]

and the socks

[ATTACH]712[/ATTACH] the finished socks will be posted on the sponsored cal gallery.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
some pics of the projects I was working on

The scrapghan

[ATTACH]714[/ATTACH]

and the socks

[ATTACH]712[/ATTACH] the finished socks will be posted on the sponsored cal gallery.

Love that Scrapghan! Is that a box stitch? It's lovely:c9

My goal for this week:

Finish bookmarks by Tuesday night (we are handing them out on Thursday)

Finish another Mystery CAL bag I started by Wednesday night

Finish my cut-away cardi by Saturday night.

And to get camera batteries so I can post some pics this week

I finally got around to using the camera. Here is what I have completed so far this past week.

The first is a round ripple I made for my Step-Daughters room to match the sheet and comfortor set she got for Christmas.

The second is a kitchen set for a good friend's mom for her birthday.

I am currently working on coasters for a co-worker for Mother's Day plus beaded bookmarks for her to give to the ladies at her church for Mother's day. Also working on coasters for KISS swap and a blanket for VJGC.

post-23834-135897401631_thumb.jpg

post-23834-135897401636_thumb.jpg

I ended up using some time Thursday to sew in ends on 12 squares, then slip stitched them together to make a row of squares. That row got attached to two other rows and I added those three to the other three that were already done. So my granny square is now officially 2/3rds done, plus a border. :)

If I did not have to work on cakes/cupcakes this weekend I would have probably been able to finish the Diamond Trellis Afghan. I'm going to turn my focus to it this week to get it finished up!

Love that Scrapghan! Is that a box stitch? It's lovely:c9

Thank you.

It was on another thread in the ville awhile ago. From Annie's Attic Scrap Club. I hunted high and low for it, and found the pattern for sale on ebay and bought it. It is a box stitch worked in rounds instead of rows. A very attractive one when finished. It takes awhile though, because I have to keep putting it aside until I have enough worsted yarn scraps to work on it.

I love that scrapghan HappyOldCro. It is going to be beautiful!

Thank you, I fell in love with the pattern the first time I saw it.

:cheer:clap:yayNice ghans Jennifer and HappyoldCro!!!! I haven't got much accomplished in the last couple of days :(. I was on such a roll too :lol. I have spent most of the weekend working on a paper for school which is finished:clap:c9 and studying for my final exams this coming week. Thank goodness they will be over on Wednesday:yay. Means more time for me to :crocheting. I will be joining those who are still here next week, as I still have a lot of stuff I need to get finished.

:cheer:cheer:cheer Keep up the great work and progress!!!!!

All of these projects are wonderful! :clap I love the scrapghan and the round ripple.

Since some of you are still going for this week I will join in too. My list is:

1) buy red yarn and finish dh's afghan

2) finish (and felt) Mystery CAL bag

3) finish Cutaway Cardi (I might need to buy more yarn for this as well)

Boy there is some amazing stuff getting finished in here. Way to Go All!!!

These ghans that y'all are working on are giving me the 'wants' for another ghan to make. :think

...oh no... I'll be good. No, really :rofl

My poor list just keeps getting longer. :eek:faint Fortunately I have completed a few since I have had to add a few. I will work on these throughout the week and post an update over the weekend.

1. Finish round ripple (2 rows left) - Complete

2. Coaster set for coworker - Complete

3. Kitchen set for friend's mom's b-day. - Complete

4. Frogging of (known) UFOs. - Complete My step-daughter volunteered and became my frogger and yarn ball winder.

5. Complete 1 UFO - approx 20 stripes at 3 rows each that would be good to send for VJGC - Completed 5 stripes

6. 2 Waves ghans (each approx 1/4 complete) - both on hold

7. KISS Coaster swap.

8. Finish Mystery CAL project - 1/3 done

9. Finish 2nd set of coasters for coworker - 1 of 4 Complete

10. Finish 15 beaded bookmarks for coworker for Mother's Day - 5 Complete

11. Finish 2 baby blankets - each 1/2 done

12. Finish 2 purses - each about 1/4 done

I love seeing all the pictures. Everyone is doing such wonderful work. Keep it up ladies. :cheer:yay:clap

I have 7 rows left on my Diamond afghan. I stayed up late last night working on it. I was so tempted to stay up and finish it, but I knew it would take me a several more hours and I decided sleep was more important. Maybe I can finish it tonight after class.

:cheer:clap:yay Glad to know that some of you haven't finished all your WIPs and will be here this week. From the looks of things my list keeps growing too Jennifer :lol. So I may be here another week. I am sure when I get to digging in the yarn closet I will find more stuff. I am working on some squares and getting them joined right now, so when I get the ghans done I will post more pics.

Have a good evening all, I am off to study and maybe :crocheting a square or two!!!! :hug:hug

TY TY astitchintime!!!!:hug

My original total on WIP's last week was 67, I ended up finding more new total that I had for WIP's is now at 72. Please note that due to this CAL I now have 48 FO :yay:yay:jumpyay:woo:yay:yay

And to you Darski :hug:fame:ty:fame:hug thank you for doing this. I have wanted to start many new projects.........:blush but I have been good and controlled the urge. I hope it continues this week as I dig down deeper into the list of WIP's and hopefully get them all done :hook

Charging the camera so pictures will be coming soon

My original total on WIP's last week was 67, I ended up finding more new total that I had for WIP's is now at 72. Please note that due to this CAL I now have 48 FO

That is GREAT.

:yay:yay:jumpyay:woo:yay:yay

I finished a few WIPs and organized my yarn thanks to Darski. This was a great CAL for me.

alrighty I finished the last row of blocks on the lacy afghan. It calls for 12 rows but I am cutting it off at 10 since it is plenty big. Now it's just two rows of border that will take awhile since it is so darn big. I will start that tomorrow, maybe. LOL

Current WIP List:

Lacy block afghan

Round Ripple for charity

MAM panel afghan for my Elder (2 of 10 done)

not so bad

My original total on WIP's last week was 67, I ended up finding more new total that I had for WIP's is now at 72. Please note that due to this CAL I now have 48 FO :yay

This nearly brings tears of joy to my eyes. I am so proud of you for putting in all that effort. :ghug

:2hug

My original total on WIP's last week was 67, I ended up finding more new total that I had for WIP's is now at 72. Please note that due to this CAL I now have 48 FO :yay:yay:jumpyay:woo:yay:yay

Congratulations Kelly! What an accomplishment :cheer- wow!!!! I'm looking forward to the pictures!

Wow! KellyA!

You are a true inspiration :hug... I came here all bummed out :blink about being stuck on non-cooperative bookmarks :angry(couldn't even get 1 finished today:sigh), but seeing what you've accomplished, I am taking a new outlook, and feel better already. :cheerThank you! :cheer

And I can't wait to see all those pictures! :yes

Hey, Darski-

Do you happen to have the dates for this month's Charity Square along? I want to make sure I plan for it this time around. I thought there had been dates thrown out last month, but I can't seem to find them :blink :thinkdarn Menopause :rofl

Hey, Darski-

Do you happen to have the dates for this month's Charity Square along? I want to make sure I plan for it this time around. I thought there had been dates thrown out last month, but I can't seem to find them :blink :thinkdarn Menopause :rofl

I was thinking that I would offer to host it from the 21st to the 25th. I haven't heard anyone saying they would take it.

I think I will post an announcement and see if anyone stands up and salutes. ( I think I just mangled a famed American maxim :wlol )

In this instance, your menopause is not to blame... I don't think it was announced.

Archived