WIP Week - Ap 27th - May 2nd

darski

Starting next Monday, April 27th I plan to put in a big push to get some WIPs completed and out of my order of operations. I don't care if I don't finish more than one even; I just want to get something done.

Personally, I am planning to use the Dave Ramsey approach. I am going to find the WIP that will be done with the least effort and then move on the next least and so on and so on.

That might be typing up some patterns or maybe finishing that dumb scarf that I have really grown to dislike.

You can use any order that suits you... maybe you will take out the oldest first,,, maybe you will just select your frog ponders and run them back into balls. do whatever works for you to get something cleared away

This week is going to be all about Will Power. It doesn't matter if you hate the WIP... it is all about clearing some decks no matter the cost. :rofl

I am going to spend the time until Monday to get all my WIPs located and give them a priority for completion.

If any of you know Flylady, you know she says you can do anything if you only have to do it for 15 minutes a day. I am looking at this WIP week as the same thing. it's only a week and that is not much from a crochet lifetime.

Any takers ?

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll do it - I've got quite a few WIPs lying around and the deadlines for a couple of them are drawing ever closer....... I'll gather over the next day or two and throw together a list. This mght just be the kick in the bum I need!

I would like to try, now that I have mailed out my charity stuff.

1-take pic of my kitschy toilet paper cover and seat

2-pack and mail my Hubby swap package and another charity package

3-finish planning out my own kitschy pattern (hard to decide how to make surf look more realistic)

4-complete one FULL set of socks

5-Wind some odds and ends of yarn, and do some more rows on my scrap ghan

6-Start a purse

That should be good for at least a week. Just have to stop looking at the charity section.

Also have those two baby sets to finish, waiting for docs to tell parents what the gender is. But new baby great grand not due until late Oct.

Hang on, do you mean a week or a month - coz the title says WIP Week - Ap 27 to Ju 2 - where did May go??

Hopefully gone for awhile, don't like celebrating my BD, :lol.

Hopefully gone for awhile, don't like celebrating my BD, :lol.

boy I am so with you on that one. should have thought of that a month ago :wlol

However it was awfully nice of so many here to wish me well on Sunday :ghug

OMG!!! :eek:eek:eek a WIP blitz?!

YEAH, BABY!!!!:clap

I just got home to my computer, and found your CAL :cheer:cheer

I am soooo in on this! :devil

I need to work my list of targets:think, and will post them shortly:yes... I like your plan of attack, Darski! (and who couldn't use a little :kick?!)

what a wonderful idea! :hug I can't wait to see what we all can do when we "get together"!:c9:ghug

now... off to make that list :tryme:devil

Glad you can join us LeaAnne.

I do think the pattern typing should be my first priority but that bias knit scarf is mocking me even as I type this. hmmn :think

Thanks, Darski! I so enjoy all of my C'Ville friends:manyheart, and any chance to tell the DH and kids that I have a CAL that I HAVE to do... so... :devil:rofl

yeah... that mocking will make you :loco, won't it?! :rofl Maybe you could crack off that "nagger" before we start? I think I am going to try to get one or two out of the way, too :wink

This means I'm going to have organize my crochet stuff:blush.

So I guess I'm joining.

I do have some things that I would like to finish.

A purse that's just about done (sew together, sew lining). My current purse really needs washing and won't get done unless I have another purse (I do have a small one I could use instead and I have used at the laundry mat, but for some reason my crochet one didn't get in the laundry.

A tote bag. I found one I started a long time ago and love the pattern. Again, sewing and sewing lining to finish. [Obviously sewing isn't my thing:lol]. I ended up buying a dollar store bag since this WIP sat there forever and carrying plastic bags wasn't cutting it...

I think I have other things, and need to organize them... might just be afghans but maybe working on those (oh yea, that large rectangle granny that got lost... and that sampler square afghan I've been working on that I'm not anymore...)

Debbi

I'm in! I actually only have two WIPs at this point! WOW, is that a miracle for me or what? BUT, the one afghan that is a 'quickie' has been laid aside for at least a month or more now so I will focus on that one. Not sure if a week will be enough but at least I will make headway!

Thanks darski for another great CAL!

Well I'm in I need to get some wips done

I need to complete my cardigan

I need to complete my daughter's poncho

I need to organize my stash better

I need to work on my wrap

so far that is all I can think of but I'm sure I'll have more

Oh Darski :scrachinI am soooo in with you on this......however I think I might need that original end target date :lol

I will spend tomorrow gathering those pesky WIP's, write them down then priorize them, then start working!!!!:dreaming

I love the Dave Ramsey approach on debt (using it in my life to get bills in order) but never thought to use it in other areas of my life :idea

Thank you for the boot in the fanny!! :kick:lol:sofunny:applause

Oh and if I could request no one post any interesting patterns, ideas or anything else that would peak my interest :sofunny

Hi everyone! I would love to join this CAL. I've been forcing myself to work on WIPs only for a couple weeks and it is a lonely project. I have done a few CALs in the past and find them great motivators--oh boy what I can achieve in a CAL :yay. And I loved what LeaAnne said about telling the DH and the kid that I have to work on my CAL :lol.

So, here's my goal:

- Sew in ends of a baby blanket (I'm already working on this one)

- Complete a round ripple

That is probably a realistic goal for one week and I can't really think about more than one or two things at a time or I get sidetracked :blush.

That is probably a realistic goal for one week and I can't really think about more than one or two things at a time or I get sidetracked :blush.

:rofl ... I have the same problem... I sometimes think I have some kind of ADD, or maybe it's menopause... I keep making lists so I don't forget :remember what I'm supposed to be doing, but then, that darn list goes:mdust, and I am back at square 1 :blush

I am really trying to get my big chores done this week :sweat:whew so I have lots of extra time to play next week :devil I can't wait to :crocheting with you guys... this will be great!

I am thinking that my WIP focus will be on Mother's Day (great timing, right?)

I could: finish my mom's poncho, my MIL's afghan, and some quick gifts for teacher appreciation week at school :scrachin...but I also need to swatch a couple of patterns, and finish writing a couple of other patterns...

:shrug:think...I guess I am not quite ready to commit to a list just yet... :D

I am in on this. I have a round ripple that I started just after Christmas for my step-daughter. There are only 2 rows left. :ohdear I have got to get that done first. Next will be to go frogging. I have so many projects that I started on a whim and will never complete them. :shrug I will have to do some brainstorming for what to do next. I have a pair of wave afghans that have been on hold for a while and 2 purses that I started more recently.

Lots of decisions to be made.

Good luck all:cheer

I have so many WIPs its not even funny. and this happens to run over my vacation so i'll be able to get alot done (or at least i should :blush).

I need to...

-finish my afgan for my grandpa

-finishmy diamond trelis afgan tat I started this last December (only half done)

-finish and write up the pattern to my remote boat

-finish the teedy bear for my Grandma

-finish the baby afgan for a baby shower coming up

-start and finish a baby afgan coming up a month after the first one

So wish me luck that i'll get it all done. :ohdear

boy I am so impressed at those of you who have a list together already. I am still debating.

Is typing harder than knitting that bias scarf?

Do I need to finish a shawl or 2 (or 5) that I have going?

what about all those squares that need a couple of rows to become a snuggle for our humane society?

Ok... time to really :think and make a decision

:sigh having a hard time with my list...

so this is how I am leaning:

I plan to break my list into 2 parts, and play for 2 weeks... this will be the start of something good:yes

my only definite so far for next week will be bookmarks for teacher appreciation week. We have 16 on-site teachers + 3 staff members + 3 specials for a total of 22. Our school tries to do something nice each day for that week, so these will be one day at no cost to the PTO :yay.... nice AND budget friendly... perfect for the times we are in! (and I already have the material in my stash!)

see you all tomorrow :ghug

Well Ms. Darski you are one heck of a motivator!!! :D

I dug through totes and bags and hauled out all of my WIP's and started a list. Because I am one who enjoys working on excel :compute I listed all of the WIP's along with a point system as to the status of each one :crocheting(started, 1/2 way, 3/4, finished, assemble, border, weave in ends) then sorted them by the total points...:ccompute.....I have noticed my biggest issue is that I have a lot of weaving/tucking in of the ends. :blush

I found out that I have 67 :eek:scared:eek:scared:eek:scared WIP's to work on....I guess I have my work cut out for me :sigh So with that said I will start by weaving in some ends then go to (that will take care of 28 of them....see I told you that I have have a weaving of ends in issue)

I guess I needed this intervention :hug:applause

Oh I forgot one more wips I needed to weave the ends in of a hat I made in the winter must get it done before a whole year goes by and it's not done

Well Ms. Darski you are one heck of a motivator!!! :D

I dug through totes and bags and hauled out all of my WIP's and started a list. Because I am one who enjoys working on excel :compute I listed all of the WIP's along with a point system as to the status of each one :crocheting(started, 1/2 way, 3/4, finished, assemble, border, weave in ends) then sorted them by the total points...:ccompute.....I have noticed my biggest issue is that I have a lot of weaving/tucking in of the ends. :blush

I found out that I have 67 :eek:scared:eek:scared:eek:scared WIP's to work on....I guess I have my work cut out for me :sigh So with that said I will start by weaving in some ends then go to (that will take care of 28 of them....see I told you that I have have a weaving of ends in issue)

I guess I needed this intervention :hug:applause

I have to say... youse is scaring me.:scared

I am now afraid to collect all of my wIPs I wish I could be as organized as you are.

:rofl

I can't wait. I have been debating whether to get a rush on and type those patterns on Saturday. Might be a good idea.

:ghug

Wow, ok so I don't feel so bad coz I only have 6 wips on the go at the moment, plus a couple of related chores..... :lol

Here's my list, I've sorted them in order of easiest to finish (taking into account my enjoyment as well as how far through the project I am).

1) Baby Ripple Blanket (about 65% through and working up really quickly, shouldn't take long to do)

2) Sort out stash (I've got 3 large plastic tubs full, plus various baskets/bags around the house and it's taking over :eek:eek)

3) Frog open work throw I started about 5 years ago - then later start on Mum and Dad's flannelghan (ready for when the house is built)

4) If yarn arrives finish 2 round ripple blankets (1 has 2 rows to go, and the other 4)

5) Work on square baby blanket (I'm only about half way into this, but I'm really enjoying this one so I'll leave it til last as an incentive ;) )

Archived