Women's Wallet, my own pattern! :)

tiffer93

I'm not exactly a designer. This is only the 2nd pattern I have ever written. I'm just curious to see if I have the ability to actually design something that someone, somewhere might have an interest in. Here is the pattern to anyone and everyone interested:

Materials Needed:

2 skeins Peaches & Creme or worsted weight cotton yarn

Yarn needle for weaving in ends

Fabric of choice for bill/credit card pockets

Fastener of choice (button or snap)

G Hook

Ch 31

Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hk and in each ch across (30 sc)

Row 2: ch 1, turn, sc in each sc across (30 sc)

Row 3-37: Repeat Row 2

Row 38: ch 1, turn, sc2tog, sc in each sc across until last 2 sc, sc2tog

Row 39: ch 1, turn, sc in each sc across

Row 40-45: Repeat Rows 38 & 39

Mark last stitch of Row 45

Round 1: DO NOT TURN PIECE!! ch 1, sc in ch-1 sp three times and evenly down side, 3 sc in first ch of foundation ch, sc in each ch across, 3 sc in last ch of foundation ch, sc evenly down other side. 3 sc in last st of side, continue to sc across Row 45 joining with sl st in marked st. Fasten off. Weave in ends.

Piece should measure approximately 8 1/2" tall by 7" wide.

Cut pieces of fabric to serve as pockets for dollars and credit cards, making sure to leave a 1/4" seam allowance.

6 1/2" X 2 1/2" for the dollar bill pocket final measurement, after sewing seams.

3" X 2 1/2" for credit card pocket final measurement, after sewing seams.

With wrong side of crocheted piece facing up, lay the credit card pocket length wise along bottom of piece, as close to 3 rows in as possible from both sides. Sew pocket to crocheted piece with coordinating thread.

Fold your wallet so that the rows of sc line up to find placement for the bill pocket. Place pocket as close to the top of the fold as possible on the bottom and stitch along 3 sides so that a bill will fit in length wise with the opening at the top.

Attach closure of choice and enjoy!

If using a button, you should create a chain that is just wide enough for your button to slip through and attach it to the middle of the wallet closure, being sure to weave in your ends.

*Note* I haven't attached my button yet!! And my sewing skills are non-existent to say the least! LOL

post-18684-135897400356_thumb.jpg

post-18684-135897400366_thumb.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd54/jayden8202/Crochet%20Stuff/MiscJanuary2009-1033.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd54/jayden8202/Crochet%20Stuff/CopyofMiscJanuary2009-1034.jpg

Your wallet is very pretty and it is something I would definitely use, too. Thanks for sharing your pattern and I would definitely keep up the good work. BTW, I like what you have in your wallet, too. lol. :D

Thanks so much! I hope to see some pictures of some FO using this pattern! If you have questions, feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer them. Everyone here is so wonderful and gives this girl a great self-esteem boost. HUGS to you all for making my day! :hug

:hook

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

That's really cute! I wonder if I could make a similar one, but bigger for my elderly mother who doesn't like any of the new wallet options at the store so she's using her very old beat up one. Hmm. She wants an extra large change purse area in a wallet. You've made me think. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Peppermint,

sc means single crochet

tog means together

ch means chain

Some others are

dc means double crochet

tc means triple crochet

sk means skip

there are others but this should get you started. You can google crochet stitches and come up with lots you can use

Lynn

• 2 weeks later...

Archived