Hook organizer

I am so sick of spending money on those dang hook holders put out by Boye. They NEVER last. I have been through 3 now. Last week one of the hook holders broke and I've only had this case for a little over 8 months. It's ridiculous. And not only that it is never big enough to hold all I need it to hold. So I went looking on Esty for a case. There are some really beautiful ones but still didn't have exactly what I wanted.

So with my husbands help I sat down and made my own pattern and made my own hook case. It has everything I need and I absolutly love it! On the fron it has a pocket for a pen and pad of paper. On the inside it's got room for all of my steel and aluminum hooks with each hook having it's own little pocket. It has a piece of felt for my needles, it has a pocket to hold my scissors and tape measure and has a strap to hold my little plastic ring stitch markers. It folds up and closes with a magnetic catch. It's by no means perfect as far as my sewing goes, but it's functional. :lol

(clickable)

ho1t.jpg

ho2t.jpg

ho5t.jpg

ho4t.jpg

ho3t.jpg

That is really nice. You did a great job and by designing it yourself, you have exactly what you need.

I crocheted a hook holder years ago that I love but now I use the SB Bamboo handled hooks exclusively, and they will not fit, so need to make a new one. Yours definitely inspires me. :hook

Wow, that's great! It would take me weeks to sew something like that. I love the teeny skinny pockets for the steel hooks, and all the specialized holders :hook

Making those things were a pain in the tush. LOL I thought I would never get them done. To make them I took the first hook and put it where I wanted it then used a yellow quilters pencil and drew a line tight beside the hook. Then I would sew on the line and repeat for each hook.

Open it measures about 15 inches wide and 7 1/2 inches high and closed is about 5 inches wide

There are a few things that looking back I probably would have done differently, but over all it's not too bad.

I just wanted to say again THANK YOU for all the compliments!

It's really lovely, and it's always nice to use personalised things!

I need to make something too. I use the Crochet Lite hooks because the handle is easier for me to hold, but they don't fit into any of my conventional hook holders.

That's wonderful!

I've toyed with the idea of designing myself a hook case, as I have so many now. :lol It's completely out of control...

I'd probably make one with wider slots as most of my hooks either have foam covers or are those Susan Bates bamboo-handled hooks.

OH I love it! I have the same complaints about my hook holders, maybe I need to get out my sewing machine! You have inspired me!

Congratulations on such a great job! :applause Last year I just crocheted myself a roll-up case which I loved a lot until my steel hooks started poking out, but even though I have a sewing machine I'm not ready to fiddle with making those tiny pockets, so kudos to you!

That looks great! You did an excellent job on it. I love the extra places to put things you use. I am a "pocket lover"! To me they're like drawers. Everything has it's own place & you know where to find it. ;)

Archived