December 2008 Table

Tampa Doll

Finally finished decorating the inside of the house, it is usually the last part done. It has been so cold here, that we did the inside first.

I was a little worried with my new tree, as it is about 2 ft shorter, than I use to have. We use to have a 9” tree and the new on is 7 or 7.5 feet. We are getting to old to climb a ladder to decorate.

Anyway, I can’t do the table, till the tree is done. It went together beautifully this year.

As you can see, it is a combo of Crochet, Cross stitch and Knitted. Most of my angels and such are crochet. The table cover is cross stitched (took me 2 years all those darn French knots). The nativity set is knitted. There are 3 doilies made for me by Catheryn.

In the back you will see a ceramic tree. I was able to get this fixed and lit this year. My Mom made it for me when I first got married 37 years ago.

I have decided not only to show my table, but to show the whole room. Under my tree is the tree skirt I made. Most of the ornaments I made or they were sent to me. One is an angel from Hallmark called Violet (DH’s Mother), there is a heart made from my Mom’s favorite dress.

This is, as DH calls it our Girly Christmas. We use to have Hess trucks and forts made out of Lincoln Logs.

Enjoy the table and may it bring a smile to your face.

4808x360frontTable2008.gif

th_8x6sdTable2008.gif(clickable)th_8x6smTable2008.gif

th_8x6zmTree2008.gif(clickable)th_8x6zmTreeSkirt2008.gif

Oh its just beautiful. I have not really felt a lot in the christmas mood the past few days but after seeing this I am now getting into the spirit again. I keep clicking on the pic s over and over to see if I can catch something I havent before. Mary Jo every table brings such a smile to my face. Thanks for sharing a bit of your magic with us.

Mary Jo, I am so in awe of all your work!! The tree skirt you made looks so beautiful as do all the angels. I am so envious of your room! If these pictures don't put everyone in the Holiday Spirit, there is just no hope for them!!!

Merry Christmas!!!

Very pretty. Did you make the trees hanging in the window? There pretty also. I always look forward to see what you have done.

The 2 trees hanging in the windows were bought in Cancun Mexico, when we went there for a vacation. When we went away, I always tried to get something from there for Christmas.

Thank you everyone, I really enjoy decorating for Christmas.

Oh if you look between the 2 girls on the floor, you will see grumpy. He is making sure eveyone behaves themselves.

Glad I could put you in the spirit. This is my favorite holiday.

Well Mary Jo you put me in the Christmas spirit. I love the whole display. The angels are my favorite. I haven't been feeling in the Christmas spirit this year, but looking at you table has done me good. I appreciate the time you take to show your beautiful work of art every month.

Archived