2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

This is my totals for the week........ not sure if i will get to post on Saturday ..... kids are all coming home for weekend.

I understand now the difference in a skein and a ball.

Went shopping today and came home with a skein of yarn. Oh well i tried not to but i see how the yarn just jumps in the cart......... lol

WTD +18 / YTD +18

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok posting my score for the week now since I won't get much done for the week better luck next week for me :lol:rofl

WTD-4 YTD-54

WTD-4 YTD-54

I'm going to research my math theory about going far enough into the negative that it turns positive and see how it applies to my yarn buying. We should all really look into this. We could give stashbusting and math a whole new perspective. :rofl

I'm going to research my math theory about going far enough into the negative that it turns positive and see how it applies to my yarn buying. We should all really look into this. We could give stashbusting and math a whole new perspective. :rofl

Ugh, I stink at math.

My mom's order for me came today, three skeins of Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool. We got it for three dollars less a skein than AC Moore sold it for. I like this wool, and I'm not a big wool person. I may buy more but -6 for me right now. Luckily the pattern I'm using calls for it to be doubled up so I should be through a skein by the time I actually go to bed.

Got mail today... hubby told me to order crochet books that I wanted for my upcoming birthday for an early birthday present. So I did. He is still giving me something for my birthday, but since this is the 40th, he wanted me to have something that I really wanted. So my order came today and I now have... drumroll please... crochet books... :bounce:jumpyay:woo Special Techniques and stitches in Crochet, The Complete Book of Crochet Border Designs, 300 Classic Blocks for Crochet Projects, and my absolute FAV that I have so been looking forward to getting... The Complete Book of Crochet Stitch Designs (500 classic and original patterns) :clap I am SOOOO excited. Now I have lots of designs to choose from to do whatever I need to do. :cheer And of course hubby is gonna profit from being smart enough to let me help choose my bday gift. ;):embar Hopefully this will help me with my stashbusting. Of course to make my score go up I will actually have to crochet something and that means I won't have time to look at my new books :sigh Okay.. crochet for 30 minutes, look at new books for 30 minutes.. that's doable, then I can get new ideas for new projects and use up my yarn and then go buy new yarn to replace used yarn.... really need to develop that yarn math theory more :rofl

Got mail today... hubby told me to order crochet books that I wanted for my upcoming birthday for an early birthday present. So I did. He is still giving me something for my birthday, but since this is the 40th, he wanted me to have something that I really wanted. So my order came today and I now have... drumroll please... crochet books... :bounce:jumpyay:woo Special Techniques and stitches in Crochet, The Complete Book of Crochet Border Designs, 300 Classic Blocks for Crochet Projects, and my absolute FAV that I have so been looking forward to getting... The Complete Book of Crochet Stitch Designs (500 classic and original patterns) :clap I am SOOOO excited. Now I have lots of designs to choose from to do whatever I need to do. :cheer And of course hubby is gonna profit from being smart enough to let me help choose my bday gift. ;):embar Hopefully this will help me with my stashbusting. Of course to make my score go up I will actually have to crochet something and that means I won't have time to look at my new books :sigh Okay.. crochet for 30 minutes, look at new books for 30 minutes.. that's doable, then I can get new ideas for new projects and use up my yarn and then go buy new yarn to replace used yarn.... really need to develop that yarn math theory more :rofl

Wish my family was smart enough to do that for me. My birthday is in two weeks and no one asks what I'd like anymore. They just assume everything. I think I'm gonna hang out here on my birthday. There's always something to make me smile.

I busted through a skein of RHSS last night working on a very pretty afghan. It's going really fast now.

WTD=+12 WTD=-46

It was a good week.

:manyheart

I'm posting early too, the skein I working with is a big one and I am not likely to get through it with Single Crochet. Have a great day everyone! :hug

wtd +4 ytd +4

In my research so far I've discovered that no matter how far in the hole you get, the score will still be negative. Now of course, the world is round and if you dig deep enough, long enough you might just come out on the other side so I guess that could apply to buying yarn also right? Ok, maybe not but a girl can wish right!!

Wish my family was smart enough to do that for me. My birthday is in two weeks and no one asks what I'd like anymore. They just assume everything. I think I'm gonna hang out here on my birthday. There's always something to make me smile.

My family is the same way. I've told them so many times to "please stop buying me clothes for my birthday" and time after time what do they buy CLOTHES. Now don't get me wrong. I'm thankful but still. I've dropped so many subtle hints you'd think that they'd actually get me at least 1 skein of yarn for my birthday but no, just clothes. Oy, Anyways, someday they will realize that even though I have quite a bit of yarn one more skein does not hurt.

Julee

My family is the same way. I've told them so many times to "please stop buying me clothes for my birthday" and time after time what do they buy CLOTHES. Now don't get me wrong. I'm thankful but still. I've dropped so many subtle hints you'd think that they'd actually get me at least 1 skein of yarn for my birthday but no, just clothes. Oy, Anyways, someday they will realize that even though I have quite a bit of yarn one more skein does not hurt.

Julee

There's no such thing as too much yarn. They all have a purpose and a project to go into, even if we haven't gotten around to it or discovered that project yet :rofl

I finished a 3rd bunny and 1/2 way into the 4th. I don't know if they'll be enough for a 5th though. I gave my neighbor a skein and 2 balls :yay (+4). She said she would give me some when she gets more. I keep telling her she doesn't have to, but she always does, and it's always more than she takes :sigh. Maybe it'll be next week before I get it.

WTD: + 6 YTD: + 44

Ellie 13

WTD: -6 YTD: -393

I really haven't crocheted much at all this week. Went back to work on Wednesday and now I'm really sore and I'm afraid that if I crochet to much the muscles in wrist/arm will hurt even worse. Next week should be better though. I'll be back in the groove of things.

Julee

I may still get 1 or 2 more points yet tonight but I'm going to go ahead and put in my score so I don't forget it this week. :D

WTD +5 YTD -7

I'm almost back to 0 YTD :yay I can't believe how good I'm being this year so far. (knock on wood)

its been a good week, finished one and a hjalf shawls and two baby blankets

and sent off 7 seven skeins with them and gave away another for a

+28wtd :clap:clap:clap:clap

i will need it as i expect to be gifted some skeins next week for my charity work!

Archived