Kids Blankets Needed for Victory Junction Gang Camp! WE DID IT AGAIN!! 108 BLANKETS DELIVERED TO THE VJGC! THANK YOU EVERYONE

sissie44

Hi Sissie - I finally got on-line and see you're requesting the pattern for the square I made that afghan out of. I really liked making this square. It was easy. Here's where you can find the pattern. Scroll down when you get to the site and look for the entry dated July 5, 2006. The square she shows is in hot pink and red. I also changed the way I started the square. I just chained 4, slip stitched together to form ring. I found that easier for me. Enjoy!!!!

http://normasneedleadventures.blogspot.com/

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sissie,

I am working on my afghans for the gang. I am a slow crocheter, and needed to finish some stuff I had promised before

Christmas. Hopefully will finish before next weekend.

Everyones look so pretty! Hope mine turn out half as nice. Good job everyone!

I am sure yous blankets will be very nice and just as good as everyone else is as it is made with love!:manyheart:hug

Hi Sissie - I finally got on-line and see you're requesting the pattern for the square I made that afghan out of. I really liked making this square. It was easy. Here's where you can find the pattern. Scroll down when you get to the site and look for the entry dated July 5, 2006. The square she shows is in hot pink and red. I also changed the way I started the square. I just chained 4, slip stitched together to form ring. I found that easier for me. Enjoy!!!!

http://normasneedleadventures.blogspot.com/

Thank you so much for sharing:hug

After the stuff with my son in Feb I promise to be more vigilant in getting squares & blankets done for this.

Hey babe, I know your hands are full and you will do all you can:hug:manyheart

Have add blanket #14 & #15 to my blog:cheer

I still have to add the three that i had here. but since I have to camera I have to get with sandy to take my pictures. will post as soon as i load them:)

:cheer I finished one of the VJGC afghans I'm making last night!!! :cheer Need to make trip to PO to get a pouch envelope for my grandson's paperwork and a box to put this in to get things mailed out! :clap

Just need to wash and dry and bag up the ghan. The second one will take me a while longer. Not sure what I was :think when I started this one in baby yarn and small needle :eek But, I will get it done and out, eventually, just not before the first deadline like I wanted to.:(

WTG!! :clap I also have a baby yarn one that needs attention but it takes so so long. My landlords wife was in the process of making it when she passed away. I promised him I would finish it and donate to VJGC. Well we'll both have em after the 1st deadline, that's A OK. PM me when you need an addy. Hugs....:hook

Carol

www.crochetnana.blogspot.com

:cheer I finished one of the VJGC afghans I'm making last night!!! :cheer Need to make trip to PO to get a pouch envelope for my grandson's paperwork and a box to put this in to get things mailed out! :clap

Just need to wash and dry and bag up the ghan. The second one will take me a while longer. Not sure what I was :think when I started this one in baby yarn and small needle :eek But, I will get it done and out, eventually, just not before the first deadline like I wanted to.:(

Sissie can I get your address? I have some simply soft bright blue left over from the Jet travolta square. I can make a square or two.

Just pmed you dear with my address. thanks so much for helping:hug

oh lord the dreaded small hook and baby yarn:eekhave fun:lol

I just finshed my squares for my ghan, and now I am putting them together!!! Won't be long before I can mail it and my tied blanket too!!! :clap:clap

:clap:clapcan't wait to see them:clap:clap

detroitdebI now have your blanket here:cheer:cheer I was quit surprised when my mail lady knocked on my door in all this snow and ice!! to deliver your blanket:eek

I love the way you made this. now did you use 2 strands all the way on it? It looks like you used Ivory and read and then Ivory & blue. it sure feels warm i know that:manyheart

I want to let you know that I have not forgotten about the pictures for the blog It is just with all this bad weather I have not been able to make it over to sandy's!

I am hoping to be able to go over to her place to watch the super bowl with her on sunday and I will be able to take the blankets then.

Thank you all for all the work you are doing here to help us reach our goal for the kids:hug

I haven't forgotten about you Sissie, I promise! I'm working on a baby blanket that might be needed sooner rather then later. Then I'm hoping to get one out to you. I do have a couple of squares left over from my contest H bag that I'm going to send to you as well.

Hi friends,

I just want you to know I am still working on my second one, just slowly, I am very sick right now and it is taking everything I have just to get to work and do my 8 hours, for if I dont go, they will take my health insurance away, and then I would be dead. So I AM working on my second one, just very slowly, so sorry.

Oh by the way, my first one, thankyou all for the compliments, and it is folded in HALF on the picture, I should have taken the whole thing, sorry, but it was too big and I couldnt get it all in cameras range, I am NO photographer..lol

www.crochetnana.blogspot.com

A full view of your ghan and all the others so far. But the camera color is off. You used such bright red and bright blue colors. I also took a close up of one square to show the beautiful work you did. I will email it to you if you want. Hugs....

Carol

Hi friends,

I just want you to know I am still working on my second one, just slowly, I am very sick right now and it is taking everything I have just to get to work and do my 8 hours, for if I dont go, they will take my health insurance away, and then I would be dead. So I AM working on my second one, just very slowly, so sorry.

Oh by the way, my first one, thankyou all for the compliments, and it is folded in HALF on the picture, I should have taken the whole thing, sorry, but it was too big and I couldnt get it all in cameras range, I am NO photographer..lol

I looked up this CPSIA and it scares the **** out of me! I wrote my senator about it. Talk about knee-jerk reactive legislation. Not good at all.

Sorry, I just had to vent a little.

Finished all the squares for my third blanket.

I'll take pictures of both of these I have before I mail them.

Deb

Please count me in! As a fellow NC-ier and crochet/knitter I cannot pass this cause up! When do we need to have everything sent by?

Hugz, .

Lora

We are going to the camp in April to deliver the 1st batch of blankets. Then we will continue to make them thru the year. Where in NC are you? I live on Oak Island. Welcome aboard and thanks for helping.

Archived