Kids Blankets Needed for Victory Junction Gang Camp! WE DID IT AGAIN!! 108 BLANKETS DELIVERED TO THE VJGC! THANK YOU EVERYONE

sissie44

Sissie, or Carol, or Cindy, whoever knows...

I know that on the Victory Junction site it says crocheted or knitted afghans. Is that all that can be done, or would those no-sew fleece blankets be acceptable?

Joyce

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took a look at some of the 100's of afghan pictures on Sissie's blog and was just amazed! Gorgeous work! I hope you're able to take pics of these ones, as well. Thanks and yes I will be doing the same thing with this:)

I've never made a round ripple... I might have to google a pattern. :yarnthere are lots of patterns out here and they are fun. I made my first one for tammy and it was a 12 point and I did it over the weekend! I am going to make a spider man one for this I do think

As for Nascar... well hubby is a Junior fan. Me, I can't help cheering for Kyle Busch!! :eek

Bush is something isn't he!! I am all up there for Tony:)) sure hope he does good this next year starting his own team:eek and I am big on TrueX Jr also for my young and upcoming star;)

Sissie, think you may be able to use these? Just a little something(s) I whipped up so far for you :D

th_VJGC1.jpg

th_VJGC2.jpg

th_VJGC3.jpg

clickable for bigger pics.

There are more, just haven't gotten pictures yet. There are 28 there with lots more to come!!

oh yes my dear i think I might be able to use these LOL and you just keep on whipping up there:lol:manyheart

I know that on the Victory Junction site it says crocheted or knitted afghans. Is that all that can be done, or would those no-sew fleece blankets be acceptable?

Joyce

Joyce I am not sure on this as they are asking for home made blankets. is this the ones that you buy and add a round of crochet?

let my email them again and i will get back to you on this.

aside from a few random squares,if I send enough for a blanket how many do I need to send 36 or 48?

that will depend on what size squares you are making, if you are doing 6" you would need 48 if you are doing 12" it would be 12.

what size are you making?

I am a huge Nascar fan, and a huge Petty family fan. So count me in on at least some squares.

great glad to have another Nascar fan with us here:yes:yes:manyheart

Joyce I am not sure on this as they are asking for home made blankets. is this the ones that you buy and add a round of crochet?

let my email them again and i will get back to you on this.

I was thinking more of the ones where you have two pieces of the same sized fleece and you cut fringe and then tie the fringe together. It's not REALLY homemade, but they're cute. Just thought I'd ask, I sure don't mind doing the crocheting :hook

Joyce

Joyce

Joyce Sissie is going to check on that for you and get back to you asap.

Carol

I was thinking more of the ones where you have two pieces of the same sized fleece and you cut fringe and then tie the fringe together. It's not REALLY homemade, but they're cute. Just thought I'd ask, I sure don't mind doing the crocheting :hook

Joyce

Joyce do you have a picture of this blanket for me to send and show them what they are?

I found a skein of solid blue and a skein of solid red hidden in the bottom of one of my totes of yarn. More squares to be made :hook

Last race of the year :(

free-cute-smileys-368.gifGO TONY free-cute-smileys-368.gif

Thought there for a few he was going to have it but in the end he needed gas:cry:cry now what will we do til Feb:think

I have 100 squares so far. WooHoo!!!

Happy crochet day all.

Carol

:cheer:cheerWAY TO GO CAROL:cheer:cheer

If I counted right, I have 59 squares made so far :eek

But I am out of bright colors (I think), so won't get any made for a little while.

wow another :cheer:cheerway to go:cheer:cheer

Evening everyone,

we have received our First Blanket:cheer:cheer:cheer

Thank you so much legalwoman17 for being #1 of 100:cheer:cheer

as soon as i get a picture made i will post it to the blog:hug

Evening everyone,

we have received our First Blanket:cheer:cheer:cheer

Thank you so much legalwoman17 for being #1 of 100:cheer:cheer

as soon as i get a picture made i will post it to the blog:hug

Gosh, I've never been first at anything. LOL You're very welcome. Glad to know it will be put to good use.

Hey...another big NASCAR fan here! My favorite driver is Jeff Gordon. I have heard a lot about this camp just from watching the races....I can't wait to be a part of this group. I will be glad to make up some squares. It might not be until after the holidays, but it is definitely on my to-do list!

I just wanted to pop in and say I've got 3 afghans finished. Do you want me to send them now, or would it be better to send them closer to the time you need them.? It's no problem for me to store them. I'm working on number 4 now. Trying my hand at a RR. I've never done one. Thanks

I want to make sure I understand what you need. Do you need only 6" and 12" squares? And, are you taking blankets also? Let me know and I will send what I can. I will need your name and address so I can mail them. This is a great cause and I would love to help. rgjbailey@aol.com

I don't have a pic of one I've made, but here's a link.

Joyce i have sent the link over to the camp and am waiting to hear back. these do look nice and warm don't they?

I will make at least one afghan, maybe more.

Wendy

Hi wendy and welcome to the group, thank for the help:manyheart

Hey...another big NASCAR fan here! My favorite driver is Jeff Gordon. I have heard a lot about this camp just from watching the races....I can't wait to be a part of this group. I will be glad to make up some squares. It might not be until after the holidays, but it is definitely on my to-do list!

when every you have the time is good with me as this will be going on for the whole year of 2009 (lord can you believe it is 2009 already?) where has the time gone too?

my favorite driver is Tony Stewart. and of course I will always love Kyle Petty but I am sad to hear he is about done:( now new and upcoming driver that I am rooting for is trueX Jr. :yes

I just wanted to pop in and say I've got 3 afghans finished. Do you want me to send them now, or would it be better to send them closer to the time you need them.? It's no problem for me to store them. I'm working on number 4 now. Trying my hand at a RR. I've never done one. Thanks

3 WOW WAY TO GO:clap:clap this is great:cheer:cheer It is up to you how you send them. I can take them now or whenever you want to send them. It is all good with me:yes:manyheart thank you so much for getting us an early start:manyheart

I want to make sure I understand what you need. Do you need only 6" and 12" squares? And, are you taking blankets also? Let me know and I will send what I can. I will need your name and address so I can mail them. This is a great cause and I would love to help. rgjbailey@aol.com

If you are only wanting to make squares then yes the 6 or 12" . If you would like to make the whole blanket that would be great too:yes

looking forward to getting to know you and working with you here :manyheart

Joyce I heard back from the Camp and the answer is yes:clap:clap

here is what Charlotte said:

Hi Sissie, Yes, we love the fleece blankets!! We will be so happy to accept those, also!! Tell your friend thank you from us – we appreciate all the help!!

Archived