Kids Blankets Needed for Victory Junction Gang Camp! WE DID IT AGAIN!! 108 BLANKETS DELIVERED TO THE VJGC! THANK YOU EVERYONE

sissie44

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 3/4 done with a blanket for you.............. I sure hope to get it in the mail next week.

The ones done so far are OUTSTANDING! WOW!!!! :yay great job everyone!

:heart

:mug

Sissie and all

I wanted to pop in and say I haven't forgotten my obligation for this. Life's gotten in the way and I haven't been doing much crocheting. I am recovering from double pneumonia and I have one blanket for this nearly done. I hope to get it to you before you March deadline.

Joyce

Sissie and all

I wanted to pop in and say I haven't forgotten my obligation for this. Life's gotten in the way and I haven't been doing much crocheting. I am recovering from double pneumonia and I have one blanket for this nearly done. I hope to get it to you before you March deadline.

Joyce

hi there, FYI - i am working on 12" hot pink and white squares (hopefully a little lady will enjoy), and i was wondering... what kind of stitching is best to attach them together? i've posted a question re this in the clinic, but i was wondering what kind of stitching you do... thanks!! :)

Sissie and all

Joyce

I'm so sorry you have been ill. I hope your getting better. I'll say a prayer for you. Just let me or Sissie know when you need an addy.

Carol

Just wanted to let you know I finished two more blankets and they will be going in the mail tomorrow!!!!

Wow 2 more. WTG!!! We are so excited about all the help getting the blankets for the kids. Thank you so very much.

Carol

hi there, FYI - i am working on 12" hot pink and white squares (hopefully a little lady will enjoy), and i was wondering... what kind of stitching is best to attach them together? i've posted a question re this in the clinic, but i was wondering what kind of stitching you do... thanks!! :)

Personally I sew my squares together with a yarn needle in back loops only then border. But others have done a single stitch or slip stitch. Mine lay flatter when I sew them. It's just personal preferance I think. Good luck.

Carol

I'm new to the site and should finish an afghan this week. Please let me know how to get the address to send it to.

Pat:yay

Hi Pat I sent you a private message with my addy. Thank you so much for helping and have a good day.

Carol

hi i just wanted to let you know i am on board to help out now that we know yarn is safe in the new regulations I have one already made and i am working on number 2 soon i will be starting 3 and 4 my son was born with spina bifida (he is my star in my blog you cant miss him) due to many problems he has been unable to ever go to the camp here where we live i have always wanted to help out in some way but my life and activities are centered around cody I stay home and care for him and i wouldnt have it any other way he is my morning sun every morning we wake and i say good morning sunshine even tho he is 24 i still say it and will continue to every day i have him here with us i always wanted to volunteer to help in some way and now i can and i am thrilled so ill wrap up by saying im very excited to be able to help and i thank the organization and all the vonlunteers for working so hard to bring smiles to these very special angels

Janny (pronounced like danny only with a J)

youll be hearing alot from me

I'm new to the site and should finish an afghan this week. Please let me know how to get the address to send it to.

Pat:yay

Hi again pat and welcome to the group:clap I think I just wrote to you again LOL thanks so much for helping

Sissie and all

Joyce

oh Joyce I am so sorry, You take care of you and get better soon. we will be here:hug

Just wanted to let you know I finished two more blankets and they will be going in the mail tomorrow!!!!

:cheer:cheerwoohoo!! can't wait to see them:cheer:cheer

thank you so much for all you are doing:hug

I always sew mine together. some times in just the black loops and other times in both loops which ever hits me to do:D then run a sc border and then what ever edging I think might look good.

I enjoy butting the squares together:yes

Thank you so much for helping:hug

hi i just wanted to let you know i am on board to help out now that we know yarn is safe in the new regulations I have one already made and i am working on number 2 soon i will be starting 3 and 4 my son was born with spina bifida (he is my star in my blog you cant miss him) due to many problems he has been unable to ever go to the camp here where we live i have always wanted to help out in some way but my life and activities are centered around cody I stay home and care for him and i wouldnt have it any other way he is my morning sun every morning we wake and i say good morning sunshine even tho he is 24 i still say it and will continue to every day i have him here with us i always wanted to volunteer to help in some way and now i can and i am thrilled so ill wrap up by saying im very excited to be able to help and i thank the organization and all the vonlunteers for working so hard to bring smiles to these very special angels

Janny (pronounced like danny only with a J)

youll be hearing alot from me

evening Janny and welcome!! I think I just pmed you my address didn't I?

thank you so much for finding the time to help:hug

I finished the next step, washed the four (more) that I finished. I have a box at work in which to send them, and am printing out an address label. Hopefully, I'll get to the post office tomorrow and send them out to you!

Oh, and I took pictures before I washed them, so will post them soon.

Deb

I finished the next step, washed the four (more) that I finished. I have a box at work in which to send them, and am printing out an address label. Hopefully, I'll get to the post office tomorrow and send them out to you!

Oh, and I took pictures before I washed them, so will post them soon.

Deb

:cheer:cheer oh goodie!! can't wait to see them:cheer:cheer

if you would like to send your pictures over to me. I will use them on the blog or I can still get sandy to take a picture which ever way you like my dear:manyheart

thank you again for all you are doing:hug

evening Janny and welcome!! I think I just pmed you my address didn't I?

thank you so much for finding the time to help:hug

yes i got it i am happy to help bringing smiles to those special angels means the world to me

thank you so much!!:manyheart:hug

Janny

Sissie I sent to squares of redheart mexicana your way. I would have sent you a pink camouflage one but my husband nabbed up the yarn before I could get it and now it's part of his own afghan. Hey maybe I can talk him into making one! An afghan that is. It would be simple double crochet but he's fast and has the time unlike me.

Hi Sissie and Carol,

Just wanted to pop in and let you both know I am still working on my second one, the Orange and Black one. It is going a bit slower than I planned due to, well health issues, you'all know that:lol and I am finding the black harder to work with as they are dark..lol..black=dark, who woulda thought??? :lol So I have o make them in daylight.

I am hoping soon, very soon to have it finished.

Hugs and Love

JoAnn

pineknott i wanted to let you know that I have bordered one set of squares and will start sewing them together tomorrow!

I always love to see the magic that you ladies and gents perform when you turn our squares into lovely afghans.

I'm working on my third set of squares,reds,yellows,oranges and sunshine print

I am so ashamed. I just realized I haven't mailed my squares! I need a clone. Or new brain cells. Would you please PM me the address again? I am so sorry!

Hi Sissie and Carol,

Just wanted to pop in and let you both know I am still working on my second one, the Orange and Black one. It is going a bit slower than I planned due to, well health issues, you'all know that:lol and I am finding the black harder to work with as they are dark..lol..black=dark, who woulda thought??? :lol So I have o make them in daylight.

I am hoping soon, very soon to have it finished.

Hugs and Love

JoAnn

WooHoo a second one. WTG!!! I know about the black, I only crochet with it during the day. Hope your feeling better soon. Do you still have my addy?

Carol

Archived