Kids Blankets Needed for Victory Junction Gang Camp! WE DID IT AGAIN!! 108 BLANKETS DELIVERED TO THE VJGC! THANK YOU EVERYONE

sissie44

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joyce I heard back from the Camp and the answer is yes:clap:clap

here is what Charlotte said:

Hi Sissie, Yes, we love the fleece blankets!! We will be so happy to accept those, also!! Tell your friend thank you from us – we appreciate all the help!!

That's good to know. These sure are fun and quick to make. Thanks

Joyce

Hello all I so would like to join and help make squares and blankets but i cant start tell after the holidays

Put me down for at least one. I've already started working on it. I'm looking forward to being a part of this wonderful project.

Terrie (aka athenamoon)

Hello to the both of you. I am happy you found us here and are wanting to help:cheer:cheer

this is something we will be working on all year and am opening to be able to take 100 down in may and then another 100 in Nov or dec:cheer:cheer

let me know if you have any questions. we are all here to help:manyheart

Ladies I too, won't be starting until after Christmas. I won't wait till the first of the year but I am committed at this point to getting things made for family this year. But I already have several square patterns and afghan patterns planned for this project and I am looking forward to it with great excitement. I can feel it building.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there Sissie, I'd love to make a few bright and cheery squares for you! I have a question (which may have already been asked) could you use any black and white squares for a "checkered flag" motif-- seeing as this is a NASCAR charity? I'll PM you for the addy.

Sissie, think you may be able to use these? Just a little something(s) I whipped up so far for you :D

th_VJGC1.jpg

th_VJGC2.jpg

th_VJGC3.jpg

clickable for bigger pics.

There are more, just haven't gotten pictures yet. There are 28 there with lots more to come!!

Hey Mel,

These squares are beautiful. :cheer

Any chance you could share the pattern? :crocheting I have looked around the web for a while and can't find the exact pattern. Sure would appreciate it?:clap

TIA!

Hi there Sissie, I'd love to make a few bright and cheery squares for you! I have a question (which may have already been asked) could you use any black and white squares for a "checkered flag" motif-- seeing as this is a NASCAR charity? I'll PM you for the addy.

This sounds like a good idea:) Anything you decide to do will be great! thanks for helping:manyheart

I have several squares for you. Please PM your address and I will send them out this week.

Merry Christmas

Linda:sheepxmas

Hi Linda sorry to take so long in getting with you I have been down sick:( Lord I think everyone has this mess!! anyway I have sent you my address

Thanks for helping:manyheart

Gosh, I've never been first at anything. LOL You're very welcome. Glad to know it will be put to good use.

Wanted to let you know I finally got around to taking your picture and you are now #1 on our VJCG blankets blog:cheer:cheer

Sissie just had a seniors party (yesterday, I think) where she gave out ghans we all made. We're waiting for pics of that event, then she'll likely get started on this one:hook

I tease her a lot. Here, there, everywhere. And if I lived where she does I'd do it there. :D I do love Sissie. I know what she is doing & I just asked her help on something so I know it will take a bit. :D

I was only joking, too, just don't know you guys as well, and looking forward to seeing the pictures. 1/2 way through my blanket, thinking of others to make.

deb

:)

Started crocheting a blanket for this.

deb

Great thank you so much for helping:manyheart

where is the blog woman????????:devil

I am using my same one. I forgot to add the picture after i posted that I had! I didn't hit the Save button :lol:lol

Sissie just had a seniors party (yesterday, I think) where she gave out ghans we all made. We're waiting for pics of that event, then she'll likely get started on this one:hook

I have now added the pictures for the party:clap:clap It was great!!

Do you just take the squares or do I need to sew them together? I would love to help. You can PM me and let me know all the details and your address.

Either way is good with me Dear, I enjoy sewing them together so if all you want to do is make squares that is fine:yes:manyheart

I tease her a lot. Here, there, everywhere. And if I lived where she does I'd do it there. :D I do love Sissie. I know what she is doing & I just asked her help on something so I know it will take a bit. :D

I love you to my dear:hug:hug

Ok I think I have us started now with the Kids. I am going to get thought with christmas this week and then i will start on sewing some squares together that I received from Margtaret for putting together two christmas blankets for her! I think she said there was 60 6" squares she sent me:clap

hope everyone as a very merry Chrsitmas

Count me in for at least 2 blankets. I have a question also, will you accept fleece blankets with a crocheted edge (using the EdgeryDoo). I have alot of excess fleece from Christmas presents I made this year.

Count me in for at least 2 blankets. I have a question also, will you accept fleece blankets with a crocheted edge (using the EdgeryDoo). I have alot of excess fleece from Christmas presents I made this year.

yes I called and they will accept these:clap Thanks for joining in with us to make the kids happy and all received a blanket:manyheart

Hi, Sissie,

Just wanted to let you know that I have three kids afghans made for VJGC. Will mail them to you after the 1st of the year. Now on to finish other projects!

June NC

I have a completed blanket in pink and white made from 12" squares. Where should I send it?

I have pmed you my Mailing address and thank you so much for helping:manyheart

Hi, Sissie,

Just wanted to let you know that I have three kids afghans made for VJGC. Will mail them to you after the 1st of the year. Now on to finish other projects!

June NC

Oh June Thank you so much for all you do to help:hug what are you on to working on now?

Archived