Kids Blankets Needed for Victory Junction Gang Camp! WE DID IT AGAIN!! 108 BLANKETS DELIVERED TO THE VJGC! THANK YOU EVERYONE

sissie44

I have several squares for you. Please PM your address and I will send them out this week.

Merry Christmas

Linda:sheepxmas

Linda I received your squares this morning:clap:clap and oh thank you so much for sending enough squares for two!!! blankets!! I will get them together soon and post pictures for you to see:hug:hug

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My daughter and I are both going to participate! We are promising one each and may be able to squeeze out another one. We are VERY excited about this....two things dear to our heart:

We are huge Nascar fans

I have a special needs child who may someday go to Victory Junction! :-)

We were looking for a charity to support with our crochet and we are SOOOO excited about this, thank you!!!!!

Blessings,

Kahri

Since I am a huge NASCAR fan and have been since before they were popular, I'm familiar with the VJGC and I would love to be put down for one. This charity is one of many reasons I wanted to join crochetville :D How do I get the address to mail to since I'm new here?

Do we only use the colors listed or any bright colors?

Thanks for having me. :hook

Toni in the mountains of NE Alabama

Sissie, I didn't want you to think I'd forgotten about this. I've got stuff for two no-sew fleece blankets, plus a crocheted blanket or two, just need to find time to get to 'em.

Joyce

Linda I received your squares this morning:clap:clap and oh thank you so much for sending enough squares for two!!! blankets!! I will get them together soon and post pictures for you to see:hug:hug

Y0u are welcome and Happy New Year. :)

Hi Sissie......I am in. Hubby and I are HUGE fans of The Victory Junction Gang and donate yearly. Funny you should have this started becasue when I looked up the address yesterday to mail our check I noticed tht they wanted afghans......I told myself..."self......you are gonna crochet a blanket for these kids". I AM IN !!!!!!!!! I live within 30 miles of the camp and love it.

I had originally planned on making up some squares to send off, but my husband and I were so taken with this project that I was determined to make an entire afghan. I just finished it up this morning so will be ready to send it off in the new year!

I will pm you, Sissie, to get the mailing address. Thanks so much for organizing this and devoting your time to this very worthwhile project.

Hey guys did you all wonder where I was at?:lol:lol I am here was just busy and didn't have the time to get here. Bot are you all as glade as I am that the holiday's are over?!!

My daughter and I are both going to participate! We are promising one each and may be able to squeeze out another one. We are VERY excited about this....two things dear to our heart:

We are huge Nascar fans

I have a special needs child who may someday go to Victory Junction! :-)

We were looking for a charity to support with our crochet and we are SOOOO excited about this, thank you!!!!!

Blessings,

Kahri

Hi Kahri and Daughter I am so happy you found us! we can use all the help we can get

so who is your favorite Driver? I am sure your Child will have a great time there!

let me know where ever you need my address:)

I've got one done, and am going to do one more before I get your address and send them out.

deb

:cheer:cheerWAY TO GO DEB:cheer:cheer

Since I am a huge NASCAR fan and have been since before they were popular, I'm familiar with the VJGC and I would love to be put down for one. This charity is one of many reasons I wanted to join crochetville :D How do I get the address to mail to since I'm new here?

hello and welcome to the greatest crochet place on the web!! and I am so happy to have you join us here. who is your favorite driver?

can you believe we only have 6 weeks till the shootout:cheer:cheer

Do we only use the colors listed or any bright colors? Any bright Colors

Sissie, I didn't want you to think I'd forgotten about this. I've got stuff for two no-sew fleece blankets, plus a crocheted blanket or two, just need to find time to get to 'em.

Joyce

Hey joyce I know you have not forgotten us and I know all about busy this time of year!! :hug:hug

Hi Sissie......I am in. Hubby and I are HUGE fans of The Victory Junction Gang and donate yearly. Funny you should have this started becasue when I looked up the address yesterday to mail our check I noticed tht they wanted afghans......I told myself..."self......you are gonna crochet a blanket for these kids". I AM IN !!!!!!!!! I live within 30 miles of the camp and love it.
Great maybe we can meet when I get to come down to deliver the blankets:)

It is great to have you here with us

Just finished up an afghan for this group last night. Will try to mail it this weekend.

Great thank so much for helping :cheer:cheer

I had originally planned on making up some squares to send off, but my husband and I were so taken with this project that I was determined to make an entire afghan. I just finished it up this morning so will be ready to send it off in the new year!

I will pm you, Sissie, to get the mailing address. Thanks so much for organizing this and devoting your time to this very worthwhile project.

This is great and thanks for helping with this. I just pmed you my address:hug

hello and welcome to the greatest crochet place on the web!! and I am so happy to have you join us here. who is your favorite driver? can you believe we only have 6 weeks till the shootout

My favorite driver is and has been since his Busch days, is Mark Martin. He is a class act when it comes to driving. One I love to watch drive and is a real "wheel man" is Kyle Bush (I know, I know, I know *LOL*) and of course there is Jr. My friend from WA and I were just talking about the "void" that not having a race on Friday, Saturday or Sunday leaves each year *LOL* One of her cats is named Winston!!! Before it became Sprint whatever *LOL*

<Hi Kahri and Daughter I am so happy you found us! we can use all the help we can get

so who is your favorite Driver? I am sure your Child will have a great time there!

let me know where ever you need my address>

My daughter (my oldest, the one who is crocheting too) have the same driver: Ryan Newman. We have liked him for years! My hubby is a Tony Stewart fan. He was formerly a Rusty Wallace fan (we had a Rusty den) but when Rusty retired he had to find a new driver. We are excited we are going to be on the same team this year!

My littlest girl, the miracle baby, is only 4 so she has a few years before going to VJGC but we are excited! Who knows, she may choose riding in a Nascar as her wish too! LOL. :-)

Is there a deadline for squares? I would like to help out but need a little more time to finish up some projects of my own.

we are hoping to get the first 100 in either April or May not sure yet so yes you still have time:) If all goes well I am going to try and do this all year!

thanks for joining in with us here

Sorry for just finding this now, personal medical problems, BUT I saw this and HAVE to tell you I am soooooo in on this! Me and hubby are HUGE race fans, we even got to go to a Brickyard 500 about ten years ago. I will make a blanket or two, count me in!! I can work on it at work, and everywhere, you truely made my night here, I am so excited to go buy yarn for this GREAT cause tommorow, and hubby is going to pay for the yarn!!!!!! Oh yea, I am all pumped up. I have NO big progects going on at this time, I have just been diddling in this and that, so this is JUST what I need to keep my mind off my own medical problems, and HELP somene else, just as God intended. Hubby requests I make a Blue and Red ghan colors of Richard Petty and that is very fitting. The second one, well, I am a HUGE Tony Stewert fan, and will make an orange and black one...oh yea!! EXCITED I am!!! I am going to use Bobbys square which is a 12 inch square pattern ,just search "Bobby Square" for the pattern, and sew them together myself to make the blankets checkered like.

Okay off rambling, thank you thank you thank you!!!

Hugs and Love

JoAnn

WOW you are excited. Thank you so much for the help. This is going to be so much fun. I love the idea of the checkered flag ghan'. Let Sissie or I know when you need an addy to send to. God bless....

Carol

Sorry for just finding this now, personal medical problems, BUT I saw this and HAVE to tell you I am soooooo in on this! Me and hubby are HUGE race fans, we even got to go to a Brickyard 500 about ten years ago. I will make a blanket or two, count me in!! I can work on it at work, and everywhere, you truely made my night here, I am so excited to go buy yarn for this GREAT cause tommorow, and hubby is going to pay for the yarn!!!!!! Oh yea, I am all pumped up. I have NO big progects going on at this time, I have just been diddling in this and that, so this is JUST what I need to keep my mind off my own medical problems, and HELP somene else, just as God intended. Hubby requests I make a Blue and Red ghan colors of Richard Petty and that is very fitting. The second one, well, I am a HUGE Tony Stewert fan, and will make an orange and black one...oh yea!! EXCITED I am!!! I am going to use Bobbys square which is a 12 inch square pattern ,just search "Bobby Square" for the pattern, and sew them together myself to make the blankets checkered like.

Okay off rambling, thank you thank you thank you!!!

Hugs and Love

JoAnn

hi there, i am new to this forum and am enjoying it very much! i would love to make an afghan for this cause. i am not very familiar with nascar, but i love the thought of helping out these children. please count me in for at least 1 afghan by may and hopefully another one by the end of the year. thank you for the opportunity! :hook

I'm in! I'm new to Crochetville, and this just jumped out at me. My mom was a pediatric nurse for years who worked with kids who would go to camps like VJGC, so this is a personal thing for me. I can commit to at least one afghan by May... edited to say April! (and did I see that there would be another deadline later in the year?) My daughter is also thinking about making some squares, and my mom wants to learn to crochet to help make squares, too! I'm so thrilled to see this here...

Hi everyone!

I have enough squares crocheted to make one blanket....I will be sewing them together soon. I think I'm going to make enought for one more blanket before I request a mailing address.

This is a great way for me to do a little stash busting!

I will be happy to make some squares or ghans for this cause! Last year I helped with making 140 crocheted afghans for kids with cancer in Fort Worth. I assume it is okay to make the blanket with many different colors....not just all one color? This is the square I use if you are looking for one that doesn't have holes. It is great for using up your ends of yarn. It is called the never ending blanket square.

http://debscrafts55.blogspot.com/2007/12/never-ending-blanket-square.html

They can be crocheted together very easily and look like this:

sarahblanketclose.jpg

Archived