Special Olympics

StitchinCindi

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ordered my Delft Blue from Herrschners and it's on BACKORDER!! Aarrgghh! Must go shopping . . . :cheer:cheer

OH, how horrible, :lol (shopping that is!) DH is planning to take me to Walmart this morning for a few things.....ummmm I think I just might have to make a stop in the yarn dept......:lol

Ordered my Delft Blue from Herrschners and it's on BACKORDER!! Aarrgghh! Must go shopping . . . :cheer:cheer

Most Walmarts will order a color for you if you ask. You might try that and see if it will be in be for the Herrschners order.

Red Heart Super Saver in the Delfts Blue is available on e-bay for about 3.00 per skein plus shipping. That is where I got mine and it is very nice.

Linda

Kulaslk

Great job on the scarves, some gorgeous patterns!!!! I got my order from Knitting Warehouse earlier in the week (I went to 3 stores in the area - including WM - and no Delft Blue) I will be making them in a couple of weeks...

Id be mor than happy to do one but i have so many things to finish before christmas if it can wait until then im in

@ducheus44 -- the scarves aren't due until January 15, so there's plenty of time.

To others searching for yarn -- I just received my issue of Talking Crochet by Carol Alexander, and it looks like Annie's Attic carries the yarn. www.anniesattic.com

I don't know how it compares in price; I just thought I'd let everyone know.

I am so in. I saw it the crochet today magazine and knew right away I had to do a couple. Is Delft blue the only blue that can be used? I know they want uniformity but what if I can't find it?

I'm so glad I stumbled onto this. There are days it pays to cruise the 'ville. I've got my aunt doing some. And, I will be having some of my students also make some. "Special" kids making scarfs for the Special Olympics. They are very excited.

I'm glad you guys like the latest scarf I made. It's actually a pattern for a mile-a-minute afghan from "Contest Favorites Mile-A-Minute Afghans" from Leisure Arts! I just did one of the strips as a scarf. I got the idea from the first scarf pattern I did, which reminded me of the afghan strips.

I am so in. I saw it the crochet today magazine and knew right away I had to do a couple. Is Delft blue the only blue that can be used? I know they want uniformity but what if I can't find it?

yes that is the color that the special olympics chose so it has to be that blue and that white.

NiYa :yarn

Try your local walmart and ask them to order it, some have bought it on ebay and ordered it from Herrshners. If you go back through this thread there was mention of some other places members have found it.

yes that is the color that the special olympics chose so it has to be that blue and that white.

NiYa :yarn

Well alrighty then...I had better get to shopping for it then before it's all sold out everywhere by everybody making these.

Dragonpuck, those are outstanding!

I've been reluctant to go to my WalMart to shop because it's under construction. So I go to meet my sister for dinner in the next county near her WM, thinking I'll get the Delft Blue yarn there. But guess what? Her WM is under construction, too! What a mess in the parking lot, but we pressed on and I got my yarn! Started a scarf last nite. :hook

Hey Tammy, we are going to be doing this as our NOV challenge :cheer:cheer

so you are getting ready :cheer:cheer I am going to go get my yarn also so I can get started!!

this will be fantastic!!!!

question......... will any of the scarves I make now.. count in Nov?

Off to post my first one............ :hook

:mug

Archived