Special Olympics

StitchinCindi

I mailed out two this past Monday! :hook One that I crocheted, and one my daughter knitted! :knit I think I have enough yarn to make one more! I've been carrying it back & forth to work, working on it a little at a time. This project is near & dear to our hearts, because both of my husband's brothers have participated in the Special Olympics. It's an AWESOME program! :yes

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here are the last 5 scarves for Special Olympics

the last newsletter i got says they have 4000 of 5000 scarves

i am pretty sure we will make the "one for each participant" goal:clap

th_pictures175.jpg

i made 10 total-

now off to make some with different colors for CFAC and the 12 scarf CAL

here are the last 5 scarves for Special Olympics

the last newsletter i got says they have 4000 of 5000 scarves

i am pretty sure we will make the "one for each participant" goal:clap

th_pictures175.jpg

i made 10 total-

now off to make some with different colors for CFAC and the 12 scarf CAL

Lynn,

They're beautiful! I'm working on another one right now. I made one already, and my daughter knitted one. But, I think I have enough yarn to finish one more. Great job! :hook

I mailed my one scarf yesterday. I had a soft spot for this project as I'm a former special ed teacher, did a lot with Special Olympics while in college and while I was teaching. Someone let us know if they hit the goal of 5,000 . Charlene

• 2 weeks later...

detroitdeb- thanks for the link. I am new to this site and still learning to maneuver around so I just stumbled on this thread. I do hope to participate in the next event. The effort for this year is overwhelming!! So many GOOD people out there in the world !!! This was a great link to read on New Year's Day.

• 6 months later...

Archived