Special Olympics

StitchinCindi

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DesertCrocheter: I live in Tucson also and you can find the Red Heart Delft Blue at WalMart @ Speedway/Kolb. They're remodeling the store so the yarn section is near the shoe department (last time I was there anyway). I'm working on a 'Starry Night Afghan' using 5 shades of blue, which amazingly enough, was able to find all at WalMart. Hope this helps.

DesertCrocheter: I live in Tucson also and you can find the Red Heart Delft Blue at WalMart @ Speedway/Kolb.

Oh, thank you, SweetPea! That was the one place I hadn't checked because it's always so crowded in there. But I will check them out later this week when I am on Kolb to go to the Tech Park to teach. Thanks!

Aren't you just loving this last bit of rainy season? But I'll be glad when the Old Pueblo isn't steamy anymore. Come on, autumn!!

Patty

Oh, thank you, SweetPea! That was the one place I hadn't checked because it's always so crowded in there. But I will check them out later this week when I am on Kolb to go to the Tech Park to teach. Thanks!

Aren't you just loving this last bit of rainy season? But I'll be glad when the Old Pueblo isn't steamy anymore. Come on, autumn!!

Patty

Oh, you're welcome! Hopefully there are some skeins left. I do love the rain. In fact, it's POURING on the eastside as we speak.

Andrea

And just an FYI -- the pattern in Crochet Today lists incorrect color numbers. They call for Soft White, and that is not correct. You should use 311 White along with 885 Delft Blue. They're posting a correction on their web site.

Oh, GREAT, soft white was what i got and started using, because of what the CT mag said :(

ETA: Y'all think i can use this white anyway? :(

I hope I am not repeating anyone - but I just tried to order from Knitting-Warehouse.com and I got a message that said the delft blue is currently unavailable and to check back later. :(

Good thing I have tomorrow off, I can hit the local WalMarts & Ben Franklin to see if they have any.

Oh, GREAT, soft white was what i got and started using, because of what the CT mag said :(

ETA: Y'all think i can use this white anyway? :(

I think they want all the scarves to look the same color wise you could give that one to grannyannie for her charity.

I hope I am not repeating anyone - but I just tried to order from Knitting-Warehouse.com and I got a message that said the delft blue is currently unavailable and to check back later. :(

HMM

my walmart has had it but maybe i better get a couple of extra just in case, i was going to make more later on - (when some of my other WIP are finished) and as thinking that the color would still be there - but maybe not!!:eek

we seem to be running the Nation out of Delft Blue- i wonder what the Special Olympics people will do if they get 10 thousand scarves instead of the 5 they are looking for!!!????

WhooHoo!:cheer I scored 4 skeins of Delft Blue at WallyWorld (Walmart) this morning. They had about a dozen but my wallet didn't permit me to be a yarn hog. Thats ok, I have plenty to get going & I am happy.

I think they want all the scarves to look the same color wise you could give that one to grannyannie for her charity.

I happened to remember that i had 311 white leftover from a 'commissioned' scarf project last year. I put that and soft white together side by side outside, oh yeah, big difference.

So i ripped the whole scarf out, since, even if S.O. wouldn't have minded, it would have bugged me. So now i get to start over.

Good thing the deadline isn't around the corner lol.

At least i have almost a whole skein of the required white already. Not to mention since i was holding two strands together, it was a pain to frog, but the b/f helped me by separating the colors while i frogged, and then wound the soft white into a ball (after i got the ball started).:c9

HMM

my walmart has had it but maybe i better get a couple of extra just in case, i was going to make more later on - (when some of my other WIP are finished) and as thinking that the color would still be there - but maybe not!!:eek

we seem to be running the Nation out of Delft Blue- i wonder what the Special Olympics people will do if they get 10 thousand scarves instead of the 5 they are looking for!!!????

Maybe start passing them to families of the atheletes?

Well, we're in. Me and my 17 year old daughter Libby. I've got one and a half done and she's started in on her first one. She's doing them for community service hours for school and I love to sit and crochet with her so it's a bonus for both of us. Pictures when we get a couple more done (but I've run out of white. Gotta go the store tomorrow!)

:hookColleen and Libby!

I love it Tam. You did a great job. What is the stitch called and how many stitches wide is it?

Hey hon..............thanks for the compliment.

This one is a really simple scarf... its your simple 'V' stitch.. started with a ch of 22. rows of 12 per color.

:mug

I had some of the Delft Blue and the White skeins left over after making the scarf with SmoothFox's pattern so I just chained a really long chain and did the following and had it done in about 2 hours with a bit more of yarn left over:

2 Stripe Scarf

By: HockeyMomCrochets

chain length of scarf in delft blue

1 row dc, chain 4 turn

1 row trc, chain 3 turn

1 row dc, chain and turn

1 row sc

chang to white

1 row sc, chain 3 turn

1 row dc, chain 4 turn

1 row trc, chain 3 turn

1 row dc, end