Special Olympics

StitchinCindi

Howdy, The Special Olympics need scarves either crocheted or knitted.

Could you do one scarf?

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Features/Special+Olympics.htm

The address to mail your scarf is there on the website above.

If you need a quickie pattern, here is the one from Coats & Clark:

http://www.coatsandclark.com/NR/rdonlyres/3BA95630-AF0F-4D5A-9385-B95B4749AECA/83697/WR1704.pdf

Thanks for any and all help you can give to them.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just about to see if anyone wanted to do a CAL for this.

This was being discussed on an email list and some people were having trouble finding the specified colors at their local stores.

If you can't find the Delft Blue at your local store, it is available at Herrschners.com and at Knitting-warehouse.com that I am aware of.. probably lots of other places too.

You can use any pattern according to the C&C site, they just provided a pattern to get us started. :D

Just what I need.. an excuse to order yarn!! :lol

I couldn't find it at Herrschners.com but joanns.com has it cheaper than Knitting-warehouse.com...using discount code DEP236 40% off one item

I couldn't find it at Herrschners.com but joanns.com has it cheaper than Knitting-warehouse.com...using discount code DEP236 40% off one item

I think you'd do better shipping wise with knitting warehouse though (unless you spend over 25 dollars on joanns).

Julee

I saw this in the current crochet today! magazine. I went to HL, Joanne and Michael's and they didn't have the delft blue. Lo and behold Walmart had several. When I got home I spent waaaay to much time trying to find a really cool pattern so I ended up using the one in the mag and the one on the web site. If anyone knows where to get patterns for some of the others that were pictured in the magazine please share.

I saw this in the newsletter the other day I was hoping there would be others interested I found the delft blue at walmart (had some in my stash but not enough to complete a scarf. But they didn't have the white and for some reason I don't have that color in my stash. Great I have to go buy more yarn. :P

NiYa :yarn

Thank you for sharing. I belong to our library "Pins & Needle" group and we always do something for charity. I will mention this at our next meeting as well as my local Creative Stitchers' Club. A lot of the ladies crochet and knit as well.

I went to our local JoAnn's for the yarn but they didn't have the right colors. I will go to Michaels and see whether they have or order it on line. I'm assuming that one can get it from Coat's & Clark.

Do you know if you can use the solid colors and just any stitch or does one have to combine the 2 colors as in the picture of C&C.

I'm new at the Ville and learning to navigate.

Happy crocheting,

Betty G.

Yup, Both colors!! I'll try to make at least 2 scarves for this (since I'm in Idaho and all).

They have some of the special olympics events at a local ski resort (schwietzer).

Julee

I'll join a CAL if I can find the right yarn. My WalMart is under construction and the parking is a major pain.

I have at least 4 shades of RHSS blue, but not delft, and I have Soft White, not White. Darn, I might have to try Hobby Lobby!:devil

My Walmart also had the delft blue! We spoke about it at our crochet meeting and some of the ladies are going to make scarves! :clap I said I'd mail them after our December meeting. (Our Jan meeting would be cutting it too close :(

My knitting group meets Friday, so I'll bring it up then.

I'd join a CAL after the Crochet Games of Ancient Greece/ Ravelympics are over. Right now I've just got too much on my plate. But I've got the yarn and I'm ready to go at the end of the month.

I ran into my local Walmart this morning and was able to get some Delft blue and white! :cheer

Me too! I bought some for me & my daughter, so we can at least make one each. I'm going to share the information with a knitting/crochet group that I meet up with once a month, too.

Archived