Special Olympics

StitchinCindi

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My tested scarf for SmoothFox is going to Special Olympics.

th_DSC04899.jpg

Image is clickable

Details on the scarf itself and additional pictures are in post #18 here.

Beautiful scarf! :yes Wishing I had that pattern :D!

I finished scarf #1 and I think I am going to shoot for one a week until I run out of the colors. They are so easy to sit & do on a weekend afternoon. Relaxing too. :crocheting

There is no Delft Blue to be had around me. :( Two Walmarts yesterday and nuthin'. There was no empty bin marked with that color name so I'm thinking they never stocked it to begin with. Wish I'd had it in my stash. I've got a ton of Red Heart but no Delft Blue. I'll just keep looking! :hook

There is no Delft Blue to be had around me. :( Two Walmarts yesterday and nuthin'. There was no empty bin marked with that color name so I'm thinking they never stocked it to begin with. Wish I'd had it in my stash. I've got a ton of Red Heart but no Delft Blue. I'll just keep looking! :hook

You can get it here http://store.knitting-warehouse.com/068116.html $5.99 flat rate shipping no matter how much you buy. :hook

i found three skeins at my walmart this am

i really only need one-- if someone would like the other two they are $2.50 each plus shipping from Wyoming to wherever you are-- Paypal only!

i can also check out Ben Franklin- but they would be more expensive from there

pm or e-mail me

Score! :clap I went to the only other Walmart I know of in this state - which was quite a drive - and found ONE skein. Better than nothing. If I use mostly the white in my scarves, I can get several from just that one skein. :hook Oh, and funny thing ... I was so excited to find the skein of Delft Blue, I forgot to buy some white! hahahaha Maybe I'll hit up Joann's tomorrow with my coupons. :D

Dragonpuck, that is so kind of you to offer your skeins. I'm sure somebody here will need it soon. :)

Hi everyone! I found 2 skeins of both colors in my stash, so I will be joining you all....I already have 1 scarf done. I used the pattern from the magazine. I am about halfway with my second scarf. I will post pictures when I get both done.

I hope to get about 4 scarves from this yarn. Then maybe I will buy more.

Everyone's scarves are beautiful! Keep up the good work!

So my sister called me today. I had sent her the link about the scarves. Her son is in the first grade at a small Catholic school in West Virginia. The theme of this year is doing for others and each class has to do something to feed, clothe or shelter people. My sister is going to meet with the teacher to see if she and I and Libby do the scarves (one for each kid) the first graders can decorate them with pictures, notes of encouragement and however else they want, and the class can make a project out of sending the scarves to the Special Olympic's Athletes and follow the athletes online. :cheer She's going to see if any of the other moms knit or crochet also to help out. Sounds like we might have to make about 20 scarves. Not so bad. If we are short on scarves close to time, I may have to put out an appeal for help, but I think we can handle that many scarves--provided I don't have too many runs at work!:D

Keep your fingers crossed!

:hook Colleen

I was able to get a couple skeins on line and would love to give one to someone who can make a couple of scarves. Just give me your name/address and I will send the skein to you :)

So my sister called me today. I had sent her the link about the scarves. Her son is in the first grade at a small Catholic school in West Virginia. The theme of this year is doing for others and each class has to do something to feed, clothe or shelter people. My sister is going to meet with the teacher to see if she and I and Libby do the scarves (one for each kid) the first graders can decorate them with pictures, notes of encouragement and however else they want, and the class can make a project out of sending the scarves to the Special Olympic's Athletes and follow the athletes online. :cheer She's going to see if any of the other moms knit or crochet also to help out. Sounds like we might have to make about 20 scarves. Not so bad. If we are short on scarves close to time, I may have to put out an appeal for help, but I think we can handle that many scarves--provided I don't have too many runs at work!:D

Keep your fingers crossed!

:hook Colleen

What a wonderful idea! Kudos for thinking of and following through moms!

:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

Hey everyone, I just talked to my contact at Coats & Clark and she said that they manufactured plenty of yarn in anticipation of this project, and that now the retailers just need to get more in stock which takes a week or so. So with a little patience we'll all be back in the Delft! :woo

:bounce

Archived