Special Olympics

StitchinCindi

I printed the patterns and will make one or two, or more, over the winter. Right now I am taking a little break from crochet, and cross stitching some Halloween sweatshirts. Maybe I will try to knit one, seems fairly easy...we shall see.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the pattern from crochet today! magazine. I like this one better than the first one I did.

SpecialOlympicsScarf2.jpg

P.S. Ann, yours looks awesome!!

This is the pattern from crochet today! magazine. I like this one better than the first one I did.

SpecialOlympicsScarf2.jpg

P.S. Ann, yours looks awesome!!

Kim, I love this one! I'm going out today. I'll have to look for the mag! :hug

I went to our local Walmart yesterday, and they had both colors - I started a scarf last night and hope to do a few over the next couple months! My youngest son Spencer has Down Syndrome, and I hope that when he gets bigger he will be a Special Olympics athlete! :)

:manyheart love the scarves!!!

I'm so jealous of you ladies, our walmart has nada! I had to order mine.

Kim,

It's beautiful! I'm not going to be able to start mine right away, but I've already bought some yarn! The Special Olympics was very near & dear to my late father-in-law's heart. Both of my husband's brothers have competed in the Special Olympics.

Wow -- you ladies are quick! I love what you've all done so far.

And just an FYI -- the pattern in Crochet Today lists incorrect color numbers. They call for Soft White, and that is not correct. You should use 311 White along with 885 Delft Blue. They're posting a correction on their web site.

Vicki

I love all the scarves posted so far. They're so pretty! :cheer I started one Tuesday night. When I get more done on it, I'll post a picture too. I like to make a few using different patterns. It's a nice easy project to do in between bigger projects. :hook

got my delft blue today! neither michael's nor ac moore had it. walmart did. a bunch of the skeins had red stains on them like someone spilled something on them. thankfully there were a few unharmed, so I snatched them up for $2.88 each. thankfully i didn't win the ones i bid for on ebay. :yes

love the pattern! is it free online somewhere?

Thanks...it's starting to grow on me a little. I just used the pattern for Granny Stripes out of the 200 Crochet Blocks book.

Knitting Warehouse has the Delft Blue under RH Super Saver Econo Size @ $2.97. I just ordered mine.

Thanks for the info. The Coats and Clarks site only has delft blue in the tiny skeins.

Archived