Whip the WIPs in 2009 !!! - Row A Day CAL

Krystal16

Krystal,

Isnt she on vacation? I believe I saw that somewhere...

anyway, I got 30 saltines left on the DS. border on then done... hope to have it done by the end of the week. I cant wait to see it finished.... i am getting better at these bi-colors tho..

Gonna start Just ducky..... i got 8 of saltines done.....

Cathy

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Holiday to Alaska on a cruise (not with jimbo :rofl)

So now that you've squarshed any tantalizing rumors... you gotta tell now, what cruise line did you use? We went on Holland America. Great service and accommodations. AND did you get to go into Ketchikan and visit the yarn shop there (The Bead and Yarn Shoppe)? Cool place!

yup, krystal is on vac. and she had posted she may only be able to check in periodically... Love this CAL, just :lurking and putting in my :2cents

I took a vacation along with the kids. I always have to put in my two cents... :D

So now that you've squarshed any tantalizing rumors... you gotta tell now, what cruise line did you use? We went on Holland America. Great service and accommodations. AND did you get to go into Ketchikan and visit the yarn shop there (The Bead and Yarn Shoppe)? Cool place!

I actually visited a different yarn store there which I think is affiliated. It was being staffed by a person from the next town over from me which was so funny. I petted all the yarn. I wanted to search out the other yarn store but got a little overwhelmed from all the people out shopping and ran back to the ship. Can't take crowds of unruly passengers lol.

We went on Norwegian Pearl, were you on the westerdam? I only ask because that was the day I was in ports that ship also was there. Wouldn't that be funny!

It was amazing and awesome. I will probably pick my fav pictures to share with interested people. Endweaver only took about 1500 pictures I think, along with my video footage that I will take stills from if his don't capture what I wish.

Okay, everyone can beat me if they wish. I have completed no more rows on my afghan. Also, finally found the pattern for the afghan, and I'm a lot closer to the end of it than I thought I was. I'm about 25 rows away from finishing it. I have to add tassels and trim after that, which means a trip to the yarn store!

Tracy,

if you dont mind me asking, where did you find the pattern for the blue and white baby sweater? I would love to try clothing.. intimidates me. Any suggestions where I could get a free pattern to try out? **hint hint**

Cathy, are you talking about the one on my blog? If so, here goes. Here is the video for the "pattern". it is in portuguese (I think), but it is really easy to follow. There are 4 parts. :yes A few other ladies here on the Ville have made it as well. :hookHere and here.

Tracy,

Yes, the one in your blog..... i'm sorry i wasnt clear.... I am going to have to watch it a few times... my hook doesnt move that fast..... did you see the smoke comin off that thing? :D

Thanks a bunch,

Cathy

She is fast. :yes I have watched that tutorial a few times and some of her others, she has some beautiful things up there. :hook

I am going to have to check it out farther.. i think it is just the cutest little sweater.. like I said I would like to get into clothing, it intimidated me... but I will put my big girl panties on and deal with it!!!!!!!

Have a great day,

Cathy

Mine is going along much better than I expected. I'm almost done with the first strip of my Peppermint afghan. I'm finding that it works pretty well to do this in front of the TV...sort of relieves the monotony a bit. :lol

Gah! I am so far behind on everything I don't even have time to read and see how far behind I am!

I was out of town all last weekend on basset rescue stuff and this week have been trying to get a new foster into shape. Poor boy only weighs 31.6 pounds and should probably weigh at least 55 :(

I'm off to shower and then have to do a marathon of crocheting so I can finish my crochet games project. I want GOLD!

Archived