Whip the WIPs in 2009 !!! - Row A Day CAL

Krystal16

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, 16 rows on light blue section. Next color section is grey heather from RHSS.

I am going to take a break from the blanket today. I will start up again tomorrow.

I finished the afghan!:cheer:clap:c9 I am so happy to have it done! It is folded and put in a box but I think that I need to take it out and label each square with a card saying who did it and the football team. Can't send it out until Monday now anyways. Now to think of a new project. I need to make a shawl but I need it by the weekend. Can I do that you think? First I need to finish a hat, make one for my grand daughter and then do a pair of flip flops for her. That has to be done by Sunday. Better get off the computer! :eek

Ok, if I got it correct, it should be 276 rows at this point on the blanket. With the decreases on each row, there will be more rows for each section. So I will guess grey heather section will make it to row 288 by August 7th.

(Ok, I guess I can't resist the temptation of finishing up this huge blanket. :D)

Cindy - at this point, I have you finishing on 11/21. (Not 10/21)

Where would you like me to double it up? You're currently a few days behind still (I have you as finishing the 2nd portion of Set A up to M24).

Ok, that's cool 11/21 is fine and if I finish early then wahhooo for me :cheer

Today I was able to finish up the 2nd half of the Set A motifs so all of those are done. Tomorrow I'll work on starting the joining if I can figure it out. It's kinda tricky looking and I'm a bit scared :eek

ROLL CALL!!

For Sunday August 3, 2008

Me - Bear Claw R194********

Me - Daisies S16

Tracy - Cuddle - on hold for border

Wendy - Both S113

Brenda - M66****

Sherri - S358**

Laura - Hook holding at 94

Mr. Laura Endweaver - 40 Ends ******* (you're getting there! -> :tryme)

Jeannie - Children S129 and holding

Karen - Sweater on hold

Honey - Done! - can we see a pic?

Cats - Basket R133*****

Janet - Afghan R80**

Cindy - Wedding SET A second part M31 (caught up?)

Christi - hex R376****

Christi - Flag R9*****

Meegan - Swap Squares

Dale - Square Ends S25***

Jenny - King R15**

Diane - Diagonal R272 - ahead

Have a Happy, Hookin' Day!

Krystal, I worked ahead and now have all my squares done. Don't bump me up yet, though. Just keep me current. It takes about 2 hours for me to sew a strip together. I'm just so slooooow. I have about 9 strips left to do and then the border.

:clap I am all done with Set A!!! I've tacked them together into their rows and have done one of Set B so I'm still behind!! I hope I can get caught up someday :lol I'll work on sewing the Set A motifs together while I get caught up on Set B.

Cindy -

I had 35 beginning SET A

35 continuing SET A

82 SET B

44 SET C

As of Today, you should have first part of SET A done, and only 32 of the second set of part A done. By having ALL of SET A done, you're actually a little ahead.

I could probably stand to join this CAL. I haven't been crocheting hardly at all, and I've got a ripple afghan I'm dying to finish. As it is, I am about 20% done with it, not sure how many rows into it I am though. All I know is I have six balls of yarn sitting by waiting to be included, and they've been neglected.

Yay!! Thank you Krystal! That makes me so happy:cheer I need to bring my stuff in from the BUV so I can work on it today from home. So far I've done most of it from work in between calls. I have a feeling those 82 motifs in Set B are going to be a killer, they're not very big which means I can't crochet as fast.

Ok y'all, here are some pics of what I've done on my Double Wedding Ring afghan so far. All things considered I think I'm actually pretty far along.

First, this is a photo of the basic motif, had to make 35 of these, each one is about 10 inches across

2608239421_51794bff63.jpg

Then I had to go back and add more to each of the 35 basic motifs, this is the one that had 4 sections added to it, some others had 3 and some had 2

2733196392_80f8966bec.jpg

then I tacked them all together into 7 different rows, I still have to use thread and sew the motifs in each row together 2732372211_59d20a112e.jpg

another angle

2733199660_27d57a453c.jpg

I have to make 81 more of these, they'll get sewn on in various places to complete the double wedding ring look

2733190188_a1233de91a.jpg

and if I get through all of those I have another 48 motifs to make and add to fill in the holes. It's gonna be awesome when/if it's done :lol

Archived