Whip the WIPs in 2009 !!! - Row A Day CAL

Krystal16

It is finished! :yay I really like the look of this one, but man was it ever tedious.

2834466240094065822S200x200Q85.jpg

That is gorgeous!! Those are all color changes too aren't they? They don't look like saltines.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear, working late is NOT conducive to completing rows on my afghan. Still halted at 57. Hoping to double up tonight when I get home, as I work an early shift today. Should be to 65 at least by the end of the night.

Hi K, I know it's been awhile. Just wanted to LYK that I am working diligently on the Games lapghans. I have nearly finished ghan#1 , jsut need to weave in the ends. Then off to #2. Will post link ashap.

Meegan

Can I by any chance join? Mine isn't so much a row a day, as it's a mile-a-minute type of afghan. It's called the "Peppermint Ripple Delight Afghan" and here is a picture on Herrschners:

http://herrschners.com/products/sku-580031__id-2360__tab-.html

While it's not a row-a-day type of thing, I've started it, and it definitely qualifies as being MONOTONOUS. I'm sure the final result is going to be beautiful, but I'm going to die from boredom, I just know it. I thought, perhaps joining this CAL might help to relieve the monotony. I do want to get this done by Christmas, as I'm planning to put it out on the sofa when we decorate the house.

:Krystal,

Ummmm, should I be stepping lightly? I didnt fail you, still working on the same two projects. Desert star and Blue RR... my only excuse is kids were on school vacation, so I took one too. They go back wednesday, I cant wait, I need some me time... i need some hook time...

The Desert star, I only have 1/4 left on the left side, and the RR I believe I have done another 10 rows, but I could be lying... :D about the RR. I think it looks kinda cool, but got real boxy... I dont like it anymore, but the DGD that its for, she is into weird stuff like that, so she is happy with it. I didnt do it with a big enough hook... should have went with probably a K or something like that

Well anyway, I would like to join again, to help get this big sucker done, then there will be an 8 sided afghan, and a just ducky for my nephew. I should and could probably do a couple of these at a time, just to get it all done in time for XMAS!

I have been keeping up with the posts and all...

Cathy

:Krystal,

Ummmm, should I be stepping lightly? I didnt fail you, still working on the same two projects. Desert star and Blue RR... my only excuse is kids were on school vacation, so I took one too. They go back wednesday, I cant wait, I need some me time... i need some hook time...

The Desert star, I only have 1/4 left on the left side, and the RR I believe I have done another 10 rows, but I could be lying... :D about the RR. I think it looks kinda cool, but got real boxy... I dont like it anymore, but the DGD that its for, she is into weird stuff like that, so she is happy with it. I didnt do it with a big enough hook... should have went with probably a K or something like that

Well anyway, I would like to join again, to help get this big sucker done, then there will be an 8 sided afghan, and a just ducky for my nephew. I should and could probably do a couple of these at a time, just to get it all done in time for XMAS!

I have been keeping up with the posts and all...

Cathy

Cathy, you're so close!!!! You can do it!

Amy,

I am, but it seems so far away, i had it all stasted away in my closet, so I would be able to see it, pulled it out about a week ago, laid it out on the love seat, so there is no hiding it... Once the girls go back to school, I will be here all day by myself, so I will get it done.

Thanks for the encouragement!!!

Cathy

:blush *sigh* Well, I managed to finish two more rows. I've been really laid up today. I managed to get out and get some errands run, and then the nerve pain in my hands started to flare up. So, I am now up to row 59, and halted there for who knows how long. Also, for some reason, I think the afghan I'm working on has started to flare out as I go. Anyone know a reason for that? I counted stitches, and I haven't added any. Could my tension be too lax?

ROLL CALL!!

For Tuesday August 12, 2008

Me - Bear Claw R212*****************

Me - Daisies border

Tracy - Cuddle - on hold for border

Wendy - Both S122******

Brenda - M66****

Laura - Hook holding at 94 - ready to get back?

Mr. Laura Endweaver - 85 Ends **********

Cats - Basket R148 - ahead

Janet - Afghan R89*

Cindy - Wedding ahead

Christi - hex R394*********

Christi - Flag R18*********

Dale - Square Ends S34**********

Jenny - King R42***********

Diane - Diagonal R290 - caught up

Ashleigh - Ripple R69**

PBLKNP - Peppermint

Cathy - Desert

To the newcomers:

If you can either count or estimate the number of motifs/rounds/rows/sections/pieces of your project and tell me how many it has total, as well as how many you have done, and your deadline, I can get you into the ROLL CALL.

:D

I need to count how many squares I have left on the flag ghan. Although I don't know how much time I'll have to work on it until the games are over.

krystal - laura is on that alaskan cruise this week [not with jimbo] she's posted for the games that she has completed one of endweavers :slipper s on the plane. great work for all here and the games!

Archived