Whip the WIPs in 2009 !!! - Row A Day CAL

Krystal16

There's always room to get those pesky WIPs done. We've all got 'em. Let's just putter along together and get those WIPs whipped right out and finished up....

If you want to join in, copy and paste the following into a new post for me:

Name of WIP:

Total Number of Rows/Motifs/Rounds/Squares in WIP:

How many of these you have done:

How many you want to do each day OR your deadline:

I'll put you in a roll call, which I post every day or so, and you can check in every day or so with your progress. Please don't abandon us for too long or we'll think you fell off the wagon and left us completely! :rofl

02.jpg

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Continued)

I forgot to mention that this CAL might be a "friendly" CAL, and might stray off-topic. If you're looking for a CAL that sticks ONLY to crocheting, this one might not be for you. Or, you can just pop in here with your updates and pop back in when you're ready to come back....

WE LOVE PICTURES!!!!

This is the pattern I will be making: Bear Claw Throw

I'll join you! There is a bedspread in the Vintage Crochet book that I have been thinking of making but wasn't sure I could stand doing all those rows. Well, now I have a good incentive to make a row a day!

I'll need to get the yarn and then I'll be ready!

Oooo, i'm in, i'm in. :cheer I have 2 ghans I need to finish & they would make wonderful christmas gifts. They were suppose to be birthday presents that turned into christmas presents & now ummm.....this years christmas gifts. :lol I have the navajo for my Dad http://www.******/crochet/navindmulcol.html and a tetris ghan for my MIL. I will make a square a day for the tetris & a row on the navajo. :clap Here's where i'm at on both.

(clickable)

th_000_0069.jpg

th_100_0233.jpg

Thank you, Tena - I like it, too! (Although I've only gotten 2 rows of border done on it and now it looks much like a worm skewered on a shish-kabob!)

:rofl:rofl:rofl

I love the mental picture! That's quite a project for a new knitter to tackle, Krystal. It's gorgeous though. Good luck.

I'll have to think about what, if anything, I'm making this year. I'll get back to you.

oooh pictures already. Tabby they look great and you will certainly get them done in time.

I want to make the butterfly patches quilt for both my daughters and do one in pink and one in purple. The quilt takes 204 3 row granny squares so thats 408 squares for the both of them. Thats just 2 squares a day, I can do one for each quilt each day. Well thats sorted. I have the pink and purple yarn just need to get some varigated yarn and I will get that on friday. Woohoo cant wait to get started.

Krystal thanks, this is a great idea.

Here's our daily roll call:

When you're done, I'll add a check to your name!

Krystal : Row 3/240 :check

Wendy: Pink 1/204

Wendy: Purple 1/204

Tabby: Row Navajo

Tabby: Square Tetris

Kim: ?

Tracy: Cuddleghan 1 - 4 squares

Donna: Square 37/63

Desiree: Painted Desert Row 1/130

Brenda: CRW motif

Sherri: 2 squares :check

Welcome, Kim!

How many rows does that tablecloth have? We'll have to break that down so you know how many rows to do each day!

It's from the book, Vintage Crochet by Susan Cropper....it's the Chevron Blanket. Let's see, I'm looking at it now and all it tells me is that it is a repeat of Rows 1 & 2....so I guess it's up to me to decide how big I want it. The directions given are for a 48 X 72 size but it says the size can be adjusted by doubling the yarn to make a full size blanket. I would love to make the full size for my bed.

It looks like a Ripple pattern which I've never done....and have no clue how many rows it will take.:think

Of course I had to join too. :P Do you think a gift for myself will count :devil I only have 27 squares left on my 63 squares ghan. I need to look around and figure out what else I have too. Oh I have the golden eagle graphghan that I started and frogged and have yet to restart. So those two. The graph ghan has 133 rows. I was thinking of adding a few more rows on it and making it about 200 rows. I'm also thinking of adding to the width. It would be a nice gift for someone. Not sure who yet.

Archived