Whip the WIPs in 2009 !!! - Row A Day CAL

Krystal16

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cathy -

This is only a suggestion, but I have it so that you do a little on each side of the pillow each day. That way your gauge is consistent for each part and will match up better.

I have you doing different amount of rows, more rows at the beginning, and fewer rows at the end, because you're getting bigger as you go. Same thing with the round ripple. I have you planned to do the pillow first, then the ripple. The bag is at the beginning, still.

I figured on the safe side and 1/2" per row. That way you'll be sure to be done on time.

Today's tasks: 5 rows on each side of the pillow, and R15 on your bag.

Count me in! I picked up the wool for a sweater for my SIL for christmas and think I'm going to make a short sleeve jacket for her.

ffsweety - do you have a name we can call you by?

If you can give me row totals for the sweater and jacket, I can plan you in for the daily roll call to make sure you're done on time!

BTW EVERYONE!

If you happen to get more done a particular day, just let me know and I'll bump you up a day. :D

OOOOh Thank you Krystal for keeping track of where we should be. I am going to do my two rows today (after I write a paper...heh...supposedly).

I am going to do a lot of catching up I think especially on my late days. Just not motivated enough to get up early to do it...I love sleep.

I'd like to join this CAL if I can. It's my first though so can someone tell me what I need to do?

I'm currently working on a baby afghan and have lots of other projects in mind before Christmas.

Thanks

Cindy - each CAL is different, but this is how this one works:

Make a list of the things you want done by Christmas, as well as how many rows/rounds/motifs are in each one. If you want to count joining a row as a day, include that. Give me a total count for EACH project and I will figure out how many and what you have to do each day to keep on track. Each morning, I"ll post a roll call of what needs doing. Then you post when you've finished each bit and I will keep you updated.

Of course, pictures can be at ANY time. :D

Okay, sounds great! It would take me forever to figure out how many rows I have left for each of my unfinished projects so I'll start with a couple and figure the rest later.

#1 is a baby afghan I started for a friend in Australia. It's called "Sweet Dreams", has 88 rows and I've finished 35 rows so far.

2403982100_0d3fc6a93f.jpg

2403161283_f9d8c2ba30.jpg

#2 is a basket weave, I'd say I have about 14 rows left to do on it.

2403997150_e8a9b12431.jpg

#3 is "Sunrise" and the body is all done but I have to either weave the ends in or put fringe on, haven't decided which yet.

2365360142_973a1d1a7d.jpg

I have a few more baby afghans I want to make before even finishing up some of my WIP's.

#4 will be a round ripple which according to the pattern I have is 37 rows including the edging.

#5 "Wavy Strips" which is 17 strips that need to be joined (I'd like to count the joining as rows), one row of edging and fringe, so total rows including edging is 103, I'm not sure how many to add for fringe and joining.

That should do it for now :lol

Guess I'd better get to work :crocheting

ffsweety - do you have a name we can call you by?

If you can give me row totals for the sweater and jacket, I can plan you in for the daily roll call to make sure you're done on time!

:D

I'm Beth :) nice to meet ya :hug I'm looking at probably 100 rows for the sweater/jacket but some are fairly narrow so I'm hoping for 5 rows a day so if we call it 20 that should work. I'll be starting tonight while I'm watching survivor. Can we add other projects as they come up or as we get them done?

Thanks for doing this it must be a lot of work keeping track.

Okay, sounds great! It would take me forever to figure out how many rows I have left for each of my unfinished projects so I'll start with a couple and figure the rest later.

#1 is a baby afghan I started for a friend in Australia. It's called "Sweet Dreams", has 88 rows and I've finished 35 rows so far.

2403982100_0d3fc6a93f.jpg

2403161283_f9d8c2ba30.jpg

#2 is a basket weave, I'd say I have about 14 rows left to do on it.

2403997150_e8a9b12431.jpg

#3 is "Sunrise" and the body is all done but I have to either weave the ends in or put fringe on, haven't decided which yet.

2365360142_973a1d1a7d.jpg

I have a few more baby afghans I want to make before even finishing up some of my WIP's.

#4 will be a round ripple which according to the pattern I have is 37 rows including the edging.

#5 "Wavy Strips" which is 17 strips that need to be joined (I'd like to count the joining as rows), one row of edging and fringe, so total rows including edging is 103, I'm not sure how many to add for fringe and joining.

That should do it for now :lol

Guess I'd better get to work :crocheting

Oh, those are all so pretty!

I have all of your stuffed planned out, one after the other. I put them in the order you listed them. :D

Starting on the Sweet Dreams a row a day - gets you to 6/1

Next is the Basket, one row a day - gets you to 6/15

Then the Sunrise - I gave you two days to do ends or fringe 6/17

Then the round ripple.

You've got a bunch of rounds in the beginning, then tapers off to one row a day and ending on 7/15

Then comes the wavy strips... One row a day, a day for each join as well and a couple days for fringe, ends on 11/13.

You can add things as you like, but you've still gotta do the rows on these things, cuz you put 'em in the pot! :lol

Beth - I've got you for 3 rows each day, just in case. I've only got you in for one sweater right now. We'll see how fast you can get that done and I'll plug the second sweater in for you after that.

Sherri - I've got you down for your standing-up rows! LOL!

Miss Tabby... don't forget about giving me your row counts!!! I want them as soon as your DAD afghan is finished!

K squares 97 and 98 are completed. First time ever I crocheted standing up.

I'm Beth :) nice to meet ya :hug I'm looking at probably 100 rows for the sweater/jacket but some are fairly narrow so I'm hoping for 5 rows a day so if we call it 20 that should work. I'll be starting tonight while I'm watching survivor. Can we add other projects as they come up or as we get them done?

Thanks for doing this it must be a lot of work keeping track.

MIA:

Tracy with her cuddle squares

Donna with her 39th square

Desiree??? Oh, Desiree!!! Yooooo-hooooooo!

Heather, how's that CRW coming? Did you do your section today?

And you, too Brenda - how's the CRW?

Don't forget your five rows of baby afghan, too!

Laura - are you catching up from your long day? You've got 2 rows... :D

Amber - what's going on with that cable?

I know Cathy is working diligently on her Pillow (5 rounds) and bag (1 row)

TallGirl - can you check in?

KrystalK - Did you do your square today? How about yesterday?

Cindy - On your mark... get set... GO! One Sweet Dream for you!

And 3 rows for Beth on a sweater.

:woo :woo

I'm here. I went running around with a friend. Boy haven't done that in a while. Okay number 39 is finished. :clap Now I am going to fix dinner and try to work on the grocery bag again. I'll post pictures of my three squares tomorrow.

Cindy your projects are just beautiful, where in Australia is your friend. I live in South Australia.

Im going to the shops today to get my yarn for the butterfly quilts that I want to make for the girls. Hope i can find the yarn I want.

Im making up a journal too so I can keep track of what squares I have done for each quilt. The quilts require so many of solid grannies, flower grannies and bicolor grannies. Its going to be interesting.

Hi guys, I think I need to join this cal, I have a baby afghan I have been trying to make for about 6 months or more and it's been sat in a box for ages. I was thinking of frogging it last night and starting a round ripple instead, but I had a look at it today and Iam about half way, so I thought I might as well finish it.

I have about 60 odd rows left to do, so doing 1 row a day won't be too bad!

Archived