Whip the WIPs in 2009 !!! - Row A Day CAL

Krystal16

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morning everyone, how are you all going with your homework for today.

Jeannie its great to see you, your shawl looks amazing.

HOMEWORK?? :eek:eek I withdraw...just kidding. Thank you, Wendy. I hope it works out as a shawl.

http://www.yarntomato.com/percentbarmaker/

The percent bar maker is here. :D Pretty self-explanatory, I think.

How many squares do you want to make? Is it for an afghan,charity, ???

Thanks for the link, K. The squares are for charity, comfortghans and for friendship squares. I just want to average one per day. Guess you need like a total goal to calculate percentage, huh. If so, then maybe it's best we forget about the squares. Well, if my goal is one per day and I make one per day, then I'll have lots of 100% bars, won't I. Don't you love my logic?:lol

Krystal~I didn't get my row or square done today, took a hike instead. :D I will get started on it tomorrow. Yeah, I know your tired of hearing that huh. :lol Oh, and i'll get the totals for both tomorrow. I'm off to watch Halloween, chow babes. :devil

Got my row done today...and plan on getting my row done tomorrow even though I am taking a hike (sticks tongue out at queenofcrochet). Of course the row took me three times as long as we were coordinating via phone a group to hike with. Now to crochet!!!

Well I did it, I finished row 60!! Not only that but I also wove in all my ends:cheer

I'm on call for work tomorrow but I'm really hoping I don't get called in so I can get some good crochet time in. If I can keep it up at this rate I'll be done with this afghan in no time and can get onto the next:yes I also need to do some housework, this place is a mess :eek

I did my one row on the pink baby shells yesterday (done 40 of 62 to date). I also did up eight rows on the peach baby shells on Friday (now done 22 of 62 rows). I plan to get some more done this afternoon on both (minimum one row each). :yay

Thanks Krystal for starting this :hug It is just the motivation I need to get these blankies done and given away (still not sure who they are going to go to - maybe donate to the church nursery to go in the cribs for little ones there?)

I'll update this evening as to what I managed to do today.

:cheer

Everyone is doing great!

Still need to hear from:

Desiree - Painted Rows

Brenda - CRW Section 12

Brenda - Baby rows to 65

Cathy - Up to 10 on pillow sides

Cathy - Three squares Desert Squares

Beth - up to row 9 sweater

Today's Roll Call:

Me - Row 11 Bear Claw

Next section dots afghan

Sherri - S103&104

Tabby - Next R on Navajo

WEndy - S3 on both afghans

Tracy - S 23 & 24

Donna - S42

Heather - Next motif CRW (6)

Brenda - Next Motif CRW (13)

Brenda - up to 70 baby rows

Jeannie - R43&44 on shawl

Jeannie - 1 8" square

Laura - R5 Latch hook

Cathy - R11&12 pillow sides

KK -S4

Cindy - R 60 sweet dreams

Beth - to R12 sweater

Roxy - R64 Baby Rows

Karen - R41 Pink

Oops. I guess this only works well if I report my numbers regularly, eh? :blush

I'm four rows into the cabled afghan--I picked up the yarn on Friday, but figured I was a day or so behind from my original posting. So, four rows as of this morning!

Morning Ladies.

Krystal~I did my total counts. :cheer I'm finishing up the last 5 squares on the "dad" ghan & then i'll get on track with this. :yes

Totals are...

Navajo=264 total rows & I have 132 done (halfway, yippee!)

Tetris=201 squares total & I have 107 done (WOOT! over half done)

:yay :yay :yay

Amber - YES!!! It does work better that way! :lol In fact, I thought you disappeared and had removed you from my list. I'm a needy CAL moderator... if you don't talk to me once in a while (like every day!), I think you've forgotten me!

Tabby - I got your numbers all setup. I'll fix the progress bars next time. :D

Today's Roll Call:

Me - Row 11 Bear Claw

Next section dots afghan

Sherri - S103&104

Tabby - Next R on Navajo

WEndy - S3 on both afghans

Tracy - S 23 & 24

Donna - S42

Heather - Next motif CRW (6)

Brenda - Next Motif CRW (13)

Brenda - up to 70 baby rows

Jeannie - 1 8" square

Laura - R5 Latch hook

Cathy - R11&12 pillow sides

KK -S4

Cindy - R 60 sweet dreams

Beth - to R12 sweater

Roxy - R64 Baby Rows

Karen - R41 Pink

K-103 & 104 are done.

Hope you have a great day!

:cheer

Everyone is doing great!

Today's Roll Call:

Jeannie - 1 8" square

K, Shawl - R42&43 yesterday ... R44&45 today

Did you figure the shawl based on 2 rows per day? I didn't set a completion date. I don't even know what I'll do with it--it may not come out right :eek.

Nine rows make up the widest part on that thing and each one of those nine rows is a combo of 129 solid and open meshes. I think you multiply that x 3 and add 1 to get 388 sts per row. :whew Some are doubles and some are ch2, sk2. Just showing off my cyphering abilities.:lol And I did the multiplication in my head!! Hope it's right.:blush

Also, don't know if I'll make 1 square every day but some days I might make 2. I did make a square yesterday but none so far today. Will let you know if I do.

For some reason I just can't crochet for very long. I get tired and sleepy.

OFF TOPIC: Besides, I'd rather read my book Pride and Prejudice right now (almost finished). I saw the movie with Keira Knightly which didn't follow the book very well so I've reserved 3 more film versions of it from my library. One is the BBC version with Elizabeth Garvie as Lizzie, I guess; another with Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy, again I guess; and another made in 1940 with Greer Garson, Laurence Olivier and a whole bunch of other actors. I have become a Jane Austen fanatic! I love her books! Persuasion is next to be read. Saw one of the movies...don't know if there are more or not but I'm gonna read 'em all and watch all the movies. Actually, I've heard them all on audio books but it's not the same as reading it.

Buh bye for now. Wishing everyone a good afternoon and evening and night. And a g'day to Wendy when she wakes up. :sun

Thanks Krystal.

I am finished with the "dad" ghan so now I can focus on other things without that hanging over my head. :cheer I also dug out my yarn for the tetris & navajo so i'm all set. Cooking dinner now & then i'll busta move on my days row & square. :hook

This is a good idea. I gotta think of a project I'd like to get done before mailing time for Christmas. All I hve are a ton of squares that don't match.
Squares? Did you say SQUARES? If you can't use them and want to donate them for charity, 8" squares made with an I hook could be used for making ghans that will be auctioned off to raise money for cancer cures research. Click here for the first post in the thread. The squares have to be in the awareness colors for the different cancers. It doesn't matter that you haven't participated in the thread.

If you're interested, please send me a private message and I can give you more details or answer any questions. There are other charities that can use squares as well.

Thanks Krystal.

I am finished with the "dad" ghan so now I can focus on other things without that hanging over my head. :cheer I also dug out my yarn for the tetris & navajo so i'm all set. Cooking dinner now & then i'll busta move on my days row & square. :hook

Whoopee! For finishing the "dad" ghan. That is fantastic! :cheer:clap Pictures when "dad" isn't around??? :photo

Archived