Whip the WIPs in 2009 !!! - Row A Day CAL

Krystal16

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to join as I have a few projects going on right now. I am around 60% done with my butterfly afghan. I will be starting a Tow Mater ghan soon, I am working on a sun set sunrise ghan which is about 30% done. I will also be doing a pink and black Elvis ghan for myself. I had recently begone the Elvis ghan in black and blue but the blue made the black look brown and I did not like it so I frogged the whole thing..ugh. But now it will be done in my fave colors. I will keep everyone posted on my work on all these....

Still hangin' round from 4/12:

Brenda - CRW Motif 12

Brenda - baby to Row 65

Cathy - Pillow sides to round 10

KK - Square 4

Beth - Sweater to Row 9

From yesterday:

Brenda - Motif 13 and up to Row 70

Jeannie - Shawl Row 45

Jeannie - Square 1

Cathy - Pillow sides to Row 12

Cathy - desert squares to S6

KK - Square 4

Beth - Sweater to R 12

TMKA - Cable Row 5

If you've gotten too far behind and won't get caught up, I can bump you out a day or two and readjust your dates.

Today's Roll Call:

ME: Bear Paw R12 and Dots to 70%

Sherri - up to S106

Wendy - S4 on both

Tracy - S25-28 on Cuddle

Donna - S43

Heather - Motif 7

Brenda - Motif 14

Brenda - Baby to R75

Jeannie - Shawl R 46

Jeannie - Another square

Laura - Row 6

Cathy - Pillow sides to R14 *BTW, how big in diameter is your side now, I can readjust your count for your gauge*

Cathy - Desert S to 14

KK - S5

Cindy - R62 (I bump you up if you do extra, but I can put you back if it's too much)

Beth - Sweater to R15

Roxy - R67 Baby

Karen - R42 Pink

TMKA - R6 Cable

:woo :woo

I'll update the progress bars later today or tomorrow. I have to get my taxes done today! :yuck

Krystal,

the pillow is about 8". I have alot of work to do on that, I am not sure if I am liking how this is coming out. Might ditch this one and find something else.

BTW are you a designer? I have an idea, that I would really like to do but dont know how to lay it out? Could you help me please?

Cathy

K, Shawl - R42&43 yesterday ... R44&45 today

Did you figure the shawl based on 2 rows per day? I didn't set a completion date. I don't even know what I'll do with it--it may not come out right :eek.

Nine rows make up the widest part on that thing and each one of those nine rows is a combo of 129 solid and open meshes. I think you multiply that x 3 and add 1 to get 388 sts per row. :whew Some are doubles and some are ch2, sk2. Just showing off my cyphering abilities.:lol And I did the multiplication in my head!! Hope it's right.:blush

Also, don't know if I'll make 1 square every day but some days I might make 2. I did make a square yesterday but none so far today. Will let you know if I do.

For some reason I just can't crochet for very long. I get tired and sleepy.

Crochet as insomnia therapy... I like that! :lol

Anyway, as I mentioned, if the rows get too big to do as I've listed them, let mek now and I'll space them out more.

Krystal,

the pillow is about 8". I have alot of work to do on that, I am not sure if I am liking how this is coming out. Might ditch this one and find something else.

BTW are you a designer? I have an idea, that I would really like to do but dont know how to lay it out? Could you help me please?

Cathy

As for the pillow, you are coming along for size better than I estimated. (Actually, I estimated 1/2" for each row, which was right, but I forgot that each row actually adds 1/2" to each side so therefore makes it 1" bigger.. DUH!) You'll finish it in about 24 days if you keep up. :woo

There are things that I *have* designed, so send me an email or PM and describe what you're talking about and I'll let you know if it's something I can or want to design. :D

I have much more done than 14 squares for DS..... I believe I am doubled that. That is much more isnt it? :o)

OK, I put you down for 27 finished. Good job!

Jeannie12 - no, it's not too late!

Cathy - I got your PM and will think on it... The one you REALLY should ask is Judianne - she's the graph QUEEN!!!! You can find her on the Look Up in the SKY CAL. If she is not interested, let me know.

K

Is it too late to join this cal? I had mentioned to DH that I was going to make afghans for christmas this year. This is a good motivator. I had planned to make about 5 or 6.
Hi Jeannie! It's Jeannie! :welcome to the fun! Oh boy, two Jeannie's and Krystal says she has been getting me mixed up with Brenda/goofy. And wow...5 or 6 afghans? Well, Krystal will have you on track. Of course, it's all up to each one of us to stay on that track and I fear even she won't be able to keep me there.:devil

Hi Jeannie :hug Great to find you on this CAL. Yeah, 5 - 6 of them. Now I need to figure out what afghan and what colors. Also, i'll need to find out what the individual's favorite colors are without giving myself away. A task that might be more difficult than making the gift, LOL

Have come across a problem, just finished row 67 and instead of having 3 dc left at the end of the row I only have 1, so gonna have to go through the last few rows and work out where I have lost the stitches, otherwise the pattern wont work out.

Will leave it now untill tomorrow, as off to work soon and wont have time

Will work for vet bills....

Had my revisit for my kitty and her ear infection. Bad news, it isn't much better, so two more weeks of antibiotics, and after that if it hasn't cleared up she is to have surgery to clean out the ear. My vet is very sweet and understanding about the fact its a lot of money, and said "think it over". I told her I didn't need to think it over, if my kitty needs it, my kitty gets it. So I am going to make a couple cuts to other things this month. I want her to get better.

Sniffle.

Good job I am working on my latchhook one row a day, better make it last as I don't know when I will have the funds to buy again (hehe, like the attempt to get back on topic)

Archived