Whip the WIPs in 2009 !!! - Row A Day CAL

Krystal16

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might not get a chance to work on any projects tonight. Thankfully I was able to sew on some squares this morning. I think I added another 28 squares to the ghan! I snapped a picture this morning before work as well. I'll see about uploading it in a bit.

Well, I've discovered that I can make my monotonous project slightly less monotonous if I work on two strips at the same time, having a little mini-contest to see which one will go the longest before I have to use a new skein of yarn. I've got the one strip done so far, plus approximately 1/2 of two more.

That's a great idea Pam!

Got some more saltines made and added to the ATW!

Here's a pic of where it was yesterday. I've added about 8 purple squares, hope to get the rest of the purple added and started on making some black tonight.

th_dcb9b1fc.jpg

Thanks, I still need to measure it to see how big it will be. I hope it will be a nice size to throw over a twin, even if it doesn't cover the whole bed. Although, we don't have a bed in the spare bedroom anyway, so it will end up on the back of the sofa.

Krystal,

Rows 181-187 are done. I did them last night...took me 3 hrs, but my Basketweave Afghan is done! I'm going to have DH take a pic or two of it. He's better at taking pics than I am...mine always come out unfocused and/or blurry. lol.

So, now I have to figure out my next big project. I know it'll be an afghan. I have 3 Pounder skeins of the Lace color...but not sure which pattern to use just yet.

Aimee

aimee~very pretty afgahn! Nice work!

I am only on row 100. Got one row done yesterday before we started on the cakes. I have no idea if I will get any time today to do anything but I'm sure tomarrow will be a rest day for sure!

Thanks for the compliments on the afghan...and my cute kitty. I ended up making this afghan specifically for her. Every time I went to work on it, she'd plop down in a spot and make herself comfy. Come to think of it...she has a tendency to do that with most afghans I crochet. lol. But this was my 1st Basketweave and my 1st attempt at learning the Front Post & Back Post Dcs.

I like that Amy!

HI to everyone! , haven't been crocheting the last week. Tried to help a couple abandoned kittens, didn't have the money for the vet so ended up taking them to the animal shelter. In the mean time we were infested with fleas.... Hid my crocheting in plastic bags hoping to suffocate them and bombed the house. Plus I started back to work, in a couple days I should pick it back up. Hope everyone is doing well! :)

I finished the black round of the ATW! So with the main part and one corner sewn together I have (assuming my calculations are correct) a total of 331 saltines sewn together!!

Only 294 left to go! So I think I need to do about 20 a day to keep on track. But I still have to figure out what the border is going to be! I decided a whole row of black saltines around, then I might just sc around once or twice for the border. I'll have to look through some books to see what kind of borders I might like.

I am supposed to be up to 97.5 today right? I am doing home projects right now but will work on it later before I do any crocheting!

I am spring cleaning, and refinishing 4 big tables and 4 side tables. The weather is gorgous but the wind keeps making me nervous, I might end up with some decoupaged leaves in my tables lol. Then we are tidying, and I am washing and bleaching all my linens. Got to finish unpacking the suitcases (is it bad I have been back for two weeks and they still have stuff in them?) and then hopefully a dusting of my little dust collectors. I am going to put all my projects somewhere and then have Endweaver give the floors a good wash. After we are doing doing all those things, and anything else I think of, then I can rest and do my rows. Although dh wants to game today, but I will make him wait because I can't run a game and latch hook.

Yesterday we redid all of the rabbits condo, he got new carpeting and hardwood floors throughout, a fresh bathroom. Hubby steamed cleaned all the downstairs rugs while I was starting the table project.

My goal is to do all this so I can rest tomorrow!

P.S. More than anyone here needed to know lol.

I am supposed to be up to 97.5 today right? I am doing home projects right now but will work on it later before I do any crocheting!

I am spring cleaning, and refinishing 4 big tables and 4 side tables. The weather is gorgous but the wind keeps making me nervous, I might end up with some decoupaged leaves in my tables lol. Then we are tidying, and I am washing and bleaching all my linens. Got to finish unpacking the suitcases (is it bad I have been back for two weeks and they still have stuff in them?) and then hopefully a dusting of my little dust collectors. I am going to put all my projects somewhere and then have Endweaver give the floors a good wash. After we are doing doing all those things, and anything else I think of, then I can rest and do my rows. Although dh wants to game today, but I will make him wait because I can't run a game and latch hook.

Yesterday we redid all of the rabbits condo, he got new carpeting and hardwood floors throughout, a fresh bathroom. Hubby steamed cleaned all the downstairs rugs while I was starting the table project.

My goal is to do all this so I can rest tomorrow!

P.S. More than anyone here needed to know lol.

Sounds like you've got a busy day planned. I hope you get everything you want accomplished and it doesn't wear you out. Don't forget to take some :crocheting breaks!

Chris and I went for a walk/run this morning. We did a total of a mile with 1/4 of that jogging. Went grocery shopping, cooked breakfast, and we'll be heading out for a bike ride soon I think.

It would go quicker if I could get off ravelry and the ville

lol

I know exactly what you mean, except I don't spend much time on Ravelry unless I already have the page opened, or some one mentions it!! THANKS A LOT!! J/K I should check up on everything over there anyway!

LOL, I haven't been on Ravelry since my move, and what did I do when it came up on this thread...?

Oh, and my blanket is on hold at the moment. Because I bought for a different pattern, I ran out of one of the colors before I finished. So I should be starting up again once the yarn comes. Meanwhile I'm working on socks for my sister for Xmas.

I finished the car seat baby blanket just now. So now I'm debating on whether to do a RR matching blanket, which I really wanted to do, or a quicker v-stitch matching blanket. Awww heck, I'll just do the RR, because that way I'll be able to add in stripes of the pink into it too and have more yarn.

Archived