Whip the WIPs in 2009 !!! - Row A Day CAL

Krystal16

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Name of Project: Basketweave Afghan

2. How many rows/motifs/rounds TOTAL in the project: 187 Rows

3. How many do you have COMPLETED: 172 Rows

4. When do you want it done by, or how many rows/motifs do you want done in a day: I'd like to have this done by Friday...how many rows a day would that be?

Thanks Krystal, I will have to recount my hexagons tonight, I will be working on attaching rows for a couple days. Maybe. Or maybe I'll just watch some Waltons the next couple nights and finish crocheting what I need then hurry up and get it sewn together! I am only done with row 7 of the eagle ghan, I think.

Hope everyone is doing well! I go back to work tomorrow and school starts back up next Tuesday. Have a great holiday weekend!

Hi everyone!! Sorry I've been MIA, way too much going on!

Anyway, I'm off on a camping trip tomorrow, won't be back until Sunday evening but I'm gonna do my best to get caught up and even ahead on my ghan.

Wish me luck!

I'm having commitment issues. I really need to figure out a deadline for a couple projects so I can get a move on! I have two big projects I'd like to get done, but not sure by when.

The Flag ghan only has 4 more squares to be done, joining, then the border. I think it's probably only 10 hours of work since I've been weaving in the ends on the squares as they are finished.

The ATW I started for the games has 529 saltines. I have 458 of those made already, and I have 221 sewn together, if my calculations are correct.

Now to figure out a deadline. That will have to wait until later this week, got a lot of other decisions to make as well.

I've decided I might actually force myself to try and get the Flag ghan done by Sun/Mon this coming week. I'm not sure how well that will work since I've been cruising along on the ATW ghan, and can't wait for that to be finished. I was initially planning to get it done for bf's mom's Birthday, but then I started a games ghan. We'll see how I feel tonight.

Buy.... I've just remembered that I can enter the ATW into the fair, so that needs to be done by Sept 15 (or just after), so that will be my goal. I'll update with how many squares I have sewn tonight.

Gotta run to work.

Well, I've figured out that if I crochet 30 rows a day of a strip, I can hopefully meet my deadline of the first week in December. I'm tempted, though, to make it 40 rows, so that if I miss a day it won't be the end of the world. So far, I have 1 1/2 strips done (of 13).

I'm having commitment issues. I really need to figure out a deadline for a couple projects so I can get a move on! I have two big projects I'd like to get done, but not sure by when.

The Flag ghan only has 4 more squares to be done, joining, then the border. I think it's probably only 10 hours of work since I've been weaving in the ends on the squares as they are finished.

The ATW I started for the games has 529 saltines. I have 458 of those made already, and I have 221 sewn together, if my calculations are correct.

Now to figure out a deadline. That will have to wait until later this week, got a lot of other decisions to make as well.

Amy - I have a tentative schedule worked out for you until you get going. Starting back at R221, I have you working on 17 motifs per day - first, sewing together, then making and sewing as you go. You can let me know if it is OK with you for now, or if you want to change it.

I am confused with the roll call - I checked in with my row count :think

Oops ... sorry :blush It's a crazy time for me - just came home from vacation, school starts next week and BIL's wedding weekend is this Sunday.. it's a whole weekend EVENT, and I'm crazy!

Roll Call

Laura - Latch Hook R95.5

Brenda - Baby R97

Wendy - Both S120

Amethyst - Baby Cover R32

Christi - Hex 378

Christi - Flag R10

Jenny - King R412

Cats - Basket R180

Janet - R104 (up to date)

Amy - Flag M14.5 (done) - I have a Motif every other day

Amy - ATW S238 joined

done through row 95 and am hoping to get the other two done tonight while I stay out of my dh's way in the kitchen. He will be backing cake for a wedding this weekend that we are catering. I find it best to just stay out of the kitchen. :)

Thanks K. I'm planning to try and get 2 heart squares done today for the flag ghan, then get some saltines sewn on.

Is it too late to join this CAL? I've never done one before, but this is probably a good one for me to start with! I always make random Christmas Presents! It looks like you can make whatever you want right? Just try to make sure that you get enough done so that you can finish in time for Christmas?

Ok, got some more numbers for the ATW saltine ghan. I added a border round of saltines. So, that increases the number of saltines I will need to 625! I still only have 458 made. I did however sew a bunch together tonight. I have a total of 266 saltines sewn together!!!

Haven't done any heart squares for the flag ghan yet. I will probably start one after surfing the web for a few minutes. I'll probably be up for at least another hour or so, so hopefully I can get at least one done tonight.

Final tally for tonight.

Flag ghan - 0! I might have to postpone this project until the ATW is done.

ATW. I made 5 saltines tonight, for a total of 463/625. And I have a total of 274 sewn together! I hope to finish a corner tomorrow, and maybe make some purple and more black saltines.

Roll Call

Laura - Latch Hook R96

Endweaver - 5 more ends

Brenda - Baby R99

Wendy - Both S121

Amethyst - Baby Cover R35

Christi - Hex 380

Christi - Flag R11

Jenny - King R429

Cats - Basket R184

Janet - R105 (up to date)

Amy - Flag M15

Amy - ATW S294 made & joined

Meegan - Work on Swap Square 1

ok so now I am four rows behind. I didn't even try to knit last night as i was a clutz last night and cut my thumb pretty good while making supper. I think I will give it a try today even though my thumb is still tender. I think it is scabbed up enough that it won't start bleeding. I made it through work with it....let me tell you putting shoes on someone and tieing them really uses your thumg. :lol

Archived