How many brands of crochet hooks do you own?

How many different bands of crochet hooks do you own?  

210 members have voted

1. 1. How many different bands of crochet hooks do you own?

• 1 - 2
    • 3 - 4
    • 5 - 6
    • 7 - 8
    • 9 or More

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted 3-4 but could be more. I have Quick Silver (my fave), Boye, Susan Bates. Most of my hooks are old and don't have a brand name, just a size. I have 2 wooden afghan hooks with not even a size on them :think. I even have some of my great-grandmother's bone/ivory hooks (100+ yrs old). I've had sets (gifts/prizes) that I've never used :lol.

Ellie 13

I only have like 3 different brands but I have alot! My little hook case is overflowing and I still think that I could use more. But really who couldn't? LOL

• 3 weeks later...

I have the usual Bates and Boye. Then from ebay I got a few oddballs. I have an old Perfecta size 13, Gem size H, VB&H size 12, Hero size C. I want to someday do my craft room in vintage crafts. I think that would look awesome! Just need a job so I can afford to redo it.

I have mostly Boye which I love and a few Susan Bates which I hate. I'm using a Bates right now because for some reason it was the only G I had. I'll have to remedy that before I try to hook with a G again.

used to use the susan bates plain silvalume, then tried the clover for a while but now i'm HOOKED on susan bates silvalume with bamboo handles!!! love em love em:clap

Just got some Inox steel hooks with plastic handles and really like them. The steel part is a lot like the Boye hooks although a little longer than on my Boye Comfort Grip steel hooks. Glad I ordered sizes that I don't already have. They are available at http://www.needlepointjoint.com - also got some Skacel afghan hooks which I haven't tried yet. They are available at the Needlepoint Joint, also.

Beverly

• 5 months later...

I have mostly all Boye hooks, a few Bates (that need to be throwed in the garbage as I detest them), I have some crystallite hooks that I don't like, but they are lightweight, I have some crochet lite hooks which I just started using, and there are a few others laying around that I can't recall at this time :lol:lol

Lots of different sorts that I pick up when I'm on my travels - I had a ball in the USA - soooo many to chose from! You can't have too many hooks!! :bounce

Some Graydog and some Grover but I always end up going back to my Boye hooks. They seem to be the easiest/fastest for me to use. My Graydog hooks are mostly for display....too expensive to use :think

I was just on ebay this morning looking at Graydog hooks. The price jumped from $16 to $67 while I was in the shower. :lol There's still more than a day left on that particular auction so the price will probably go much higher. Then I was thinking I could ask for one as a Christmas present. :think But at that price I'd probably never use it and just have it for display. It's a pretty expensive knickknack. :lol So anyway, thanks for posting this. You helped me to decide whether or not to try to get one. I'll save the money and buy more yarn instead. :devil

You are definately right about the price! I always watch them and sometimes, but not often, you can get them for a decent price! I bought mine years ago...I would never pay that much for a hook now. Especially since I can't use it. I agree.....buy yarn instead :lol

Archived